KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work life balance like I never thought I'd have

Feb 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every other Friday off* Work From Home done very well Highly collaborative Friendly Coworkers *This is not permanent and can't use it if behind on your work

Cons

Changing other code bases can be a pain going through other teams and submitting tickets Lots of logic in old PHP codebase

Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review of Passport. We're glad you have healthy work/life balance as we strive to create programs for Passporters that allow you to be your best self - doing great work at work and having time and resources to focus on things outside of work as well. Things like Fun & Focused Fridays, unlimited PTO, flexible work environments/schedules, etc. all contribute to this. Please continue to let us know how we can make Passport an even greater place to work!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Lost and chaotic

Sep 7, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bright, hard-working people at director level and below, though most are leaving now

Cons

You’re not going to get that bonus they tell you is part of your compensation. If by some chance you do (and I do mean “chance” because your performance will not be a determining factor), you’ll get no more than 10% of the amount you thought it would be. Flexible, unlimited time off? You quickly realize how much work, guilt and penalty will be involved and this is why most people don’t bother taking the PTO they need for a healthy balance. Very sad. Multiple bad hires at the VP level and above really damaged the company. Key directors from all teams have left as a result of terrible leadership and with nobody around that’s qualified to make good decisions or plan for the future, it’s all spiraling out of control. The CEO rarely shows his face, communicates or gives insight as to where the company is headed.

6 people found this review helpful

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Tech Help Desk Is Useless

Aug 26, 2021 - Technical Writer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give us every other Friday off

Cons

I haven't been able to get the help desk to help me with anything in over a year, my issues seem to get shuffled around constantly. Really wish they would put someone in charge that had any degree of competency.

2 people found this review helpful

Director, Employee Engagement

We're sad to hear you had a less-than-pleasant experience at Passport. We find our Internal Systems and Tools (ISAT) team to be pretty awesome. They regularly bend over backwards to make sure Passporters have the tools and resources to do their best work, help us host engaging virtual and hybrid work experiences, and are a huge part of our successful onboarding of new Passporters. In short, we think they're radical and we're sorry to hear about your frustration. Passporters are always encouraged to partner with their people leader when they experience problems, but we also have other mechanisms for escalation and resolution - other people leaders, anonymous question and reporting tools, and our People Operations team. Given your frustration, we'd love to hear more about your experience to learn how we can do a better job meeting Passporter needs. Please email hr@passportinc.com if you feel comfortable sharing more. Thanks!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Talented Staff, great technology company

Mar 1, 2021 - Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are smart and motivated. Good benefits. Company strives to be excellent in all areas. Fun extras!

Cons

No parking, work environment is loud, not much privacy

Director, Employee Engagement

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your time at Passport! We're glad that our efforts to achieve excellence in all areas are apparent. To that end, we're very excited to announce that we now offer parking support for Passporters working in the Charlotte office. You and many other Passporters provided feedback that brought about that much welcomed change at Passport. Thanks! We are continuing to learn and implement changes that help make Passport an even greater place to work. Work environment is very important to that and we're always looking at ways to improve both our virtual and in-person experiences for Passporters. Thanks again for your feedback and please share anything else you think would make Passport even better.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Many wolves in sheep's clothing

Mar 11, 2021 - Support Worker in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of regular business updates.

Cons

Not all, but many toxic leaders, wolves in sheep's clothing. Unequitable impact to minorities during employee layoffs exercises. Beware of this company.

5 people found this review helpful

Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for providing feedback about your Passport experience. We're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't spectacular. We believe people learn and grow and we are investing a great deal of time, energy, and money into educating and growing all Passporters, especially our leaders. The education and awareness brought about by Passport WeBelong, our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program, and the education around employee engagement, strengths-based leadership, and overall leadership best practices will help all Passporters as we continue on our learning journey. If you have more specific feedback you'd like to share that would be helpful to Passport, we invite you to email hr@passportinc.com. Thank you again!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Depends on what you’re looking for

Jan 26, 2021 - Human Resources in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible work schedule -Unlimited PTO

Cons

- Medical plans - 401k - Parking

2 people found this review helpful

Director, Employee Engagement

Thanks for sharing your Passport experience! Our flexible work environment and schedule, along with our unlimited PTO are things Passporters love. We appreciate your perspective on some of our benefits, and we take steps on a regular basis to review, gather feedback on, and benchmark our benefit offerings. We're always working to optimize them to meet the needs of Passporters. We're also excited to announce that we have officially kicked off a program to help Passporters cover the cost of parking. Thanks also for your thoughts on our social perk spend. Providing Passporters the ability to share thoughts over a coffee or beer and spend some social time together is important to team building and contributes to the innovation and success we've seen. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. As you can see from our parking program announcement, feedback does help make Passport an even greater place to work.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Passionate and fast-pace environment

Jan 15, 2021 - Product Designer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong team culture and exciting industry.

Cons

No many career growth opportunities.

Director, Employee Engagement

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Passport. We are glad you experienced our great culture, and we agree with you that parking is a pretty exciting industry (we know that sounds strange to non-parking industry folks). We completely understand your feedback about career growth opportunities. In a growing company it can sometimes be hard to see future possibilities. At the same time, we've done a lot of work throughout 2021 to help people recognize, discover, and create their own future through career grow paths, increased people leader education, and intentional focus on helping people achieve success in their current role while working toward things which, we readily admit, may be in uncharted territory. We're glad for the time you were with us, and we hope you'll stay in touch and maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

9. 5.0

Great Company!

Jan 7, 2021 - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continues to scale and grow

Cons

growth companies all have growing pains

Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Passport. We are proud of the growth we've experienced and excited about what's ahead. You, and all of our Passporters are what has made our success possible.

10. 5.0

Love it here!

Dec 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve never worked for a more caring company. Even before the coronavirus hit, Passport was a very employee-friendly company (good pay, good benefits, great culture, and my manager is awesome). Then comes coronavirus and Passport makes employee safety the top priority. Everyone (I’m pretty sure everyone) works from home and they haven’t been pushing us to come back until everything clears with the virus. Communication has somehow gotten better since we’ve all started working from home, and me and my friends are way happier. If you feel like you’re not in the know or aren’t getting answers, then you’re not paying attention. Then, on October 1 Passport leadership got us all raises. A pretty cool effort given that most companies I know about aren’t doing raises and such because of coronavirus. There’s also a lot of talk on this page about diversity and such. I get the sense that a lot of the folks at Passport haven’t worked anywhere else. The stuff Passport is doing to start conversations about diversity and make meaningful change is amazing, and it’s far beyond anywhere else I’ve worked! The book discussion, speaker series, training, and there are more plans coming. In case you haven’t put it all together, that stuff costs money and Passport is putting money on diversity. I don’t know how much, but putting together an initiative like that isn’t cheap. It’s really encouraging to see leaders put their money where their mouth is on this.

Cons

I have ZERO bad things to say about Passport. It’s a great company who takes care of its employees.

Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience at Passport. What a time to be alive! Pandemic, a much needed re-focus on social justice, and everything else going on in the world. We hope our efforts to support Passporters through this crazy time have been a bright spot for the team, and based on your feedback, it sounds like they have. Thanks again!

11. 2.0
    Former Employee

A company with a lot of potential ruined by a TOXIC work environment

Nov 23, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Many talented mid-level employees who are fantastic people and colleagues --Most teams have good work/life balance and the ability to work from home (pre-pandemic)/work flexible hours/take time off when needed (including unlimited PTO) --Employees really care about the success of the business and are willing to work hard to achieve goals

Cons

Passport is run by an inner circle of men who make all of the decisions and are not open to new/different opinions or ideas --Men in the 'boy's club' are promoted to positions that they are unqualified for - multiple VPs in the company had ZERO prior experience before getting promoted to their roles (their only 'in' is their relationships with leadership) --It is a widely known 'secret' that multiple men in key leadership roles have had relationships with younger women in the company, often resulting in the women leaving the company, while the men get promoted Not a welcoming or supportive environment for women or minorities (women are talked over, left out of important meetings, denied promotions, ignored, looked down upon, and there are very few women in leadership roles) --Personally, I've had men in leadership comment on my appearance and weight and heard them say the same of other women in the company and witnessed one male leader laugh out loud when the topic of adding more women to the leadership team came up --I've also seen women passed over for promotions and be told that they aren't deserving of a higher title, even though they are delivering results and are well-respected by their peers and subordinates Extreme micromanagement by leadership & lack of trust in employees - company hires talented employees with experience but doesn't allow them to do their jobs --As mentioned above, men are rewarded based on their connections and relationships, while anyone on the outside of this circle is required to prove their abilities time and time again, with a slim possibility of growth --Employees are not trusted to do their jobs and are subject to oversight by people outside their chain of command, regardless of their level of experience Horrible at taking feedback – dozens of talented employees have left in the past year and many shared the same concerns about leadership and how the company is run, but no changes have been made

11 people found this review helpful

Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Passport. We agree that our team is made up of rock stars, and we’re glad that you valued the benefits we have in place to support work/life balance. We are sorry to hear that you may have experienced or witnessed treatment that is inconsistent with our People First principle; a principle we strive for in everything we do. Passport employs a system of checks and balances to ensure fair and consistent treatment based on merit and we are continuously improving this system to ensure we remain a People First company. A few of these practices include the expectation of regular performance feedback between people leaders and employees documented via our 1:1 management system (Lattice), annual talent assessments across the organization, the implementation of skill and competency matrices and associated career paths, and, most recently, the compensation leveling we started in 2020 to ensure there are no racial/gender pay disparities at Passport. We have also launched a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion program to place intentional focus on ensuring that Passport is a place where everyone can belong and thrive. One particular area of focus for this program is ensuring we increase gender and racial diversity among our leadership ranks. We are continuing to grow and develop each of the aforementioned practices, and constantly assessing new ways to ensure Passport remains People First. Former Passporters are always welcome to reach out via hr@passportinc.com to share specific examples that may need to be addressed. Current Passporters are encouraged to speak with their manager, People Operations, a senior leader, or to reports of a concern via Question Corner or through our anonymous online reporting tool - both of which may be found on Passport’s intranet.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews