Patelco Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Erin Mendez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe (in 13 reviews)

• ve also experienced a Wonderful work life balance, amazing teammates and management, and many career growth opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a different profile (in 10 reviews)

• So work& life balance can be difficult (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I must say I have been with Patelco CU for little over 5 years and it is truly an awesome company. I must say that I am very blessed and thankful to be recognized and appreciated by the firm that I originally started straight after college. Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe. It rolls over but caps at that figure until you have been with the firm I think a little longer. 401k is an absolute must.... 3 percent harbor and 5 percent matching. Free lunches and events every now and then. At least once a year you get to experience a company paid event where you get to bring one significant other for employee appreciatian. One year was a boat event in SF called Horn Blower and another year was a family trip for 4 to six flags marine world with buffet BBQ. Met the CEO a few times; she really stands out and cares for the customers and employees. Best of all; this is a credit union organization where we strive to perfection and satisfy all our members to make a difference in their financial lives. You also earn recognition and I must say I been very blessed to earn the respect from all my co workers and especially those from the top. We all stand united as one.

Cons

Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work. You can't just earn it out of thin blue air assuming you deserve it. I did my time in the branch and eventually made way to the headquarters. Hard work pays off. Branches have high turnovers and I admit it's hard there, but it's extremely rewarding. However, I believe its more of a mind over matter part and as you do your time, you will be rewarded with employee recognition along with growth opportunities. It's like this for all other organizations. Patelco truly does listen and they truly do care for you, but for sure you need to do your part and make a difference for the organization. Best of all, love what you do and show it with true colors. Great organization.

Advice to Management

Not much, ; love the company breakfasts and how you can always speak your mind. Always continue making the organization a better place each year. Thank you.

2. "Amazing company and culture"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits! Patelco matches contributions up to 5% and automacally provides a 3% Safe Harbor contribution. That’s 8%! The share of cost for medical, dental, and vision is very reasonable. There are also many other services and programs available to employees. Patelco does a great job in helping you know all of your resources for benefits related questions so you are never not in the know!
    In addition to the great benefits I’ve also experienced a Wonderful work life balance, amazing teammates and management, and many career growth opportunities. Speaking of opportunities, Patelco loves to find talent within the company. Management helps you get to where you want to be, encourages growth, and teaches you the skills you need to succeed.

Cons

Obviously, as with any company, each employee’s individual experience within Patelco will differ based on their expectations and their management team. Luckily, the management I have worked with and the people I have come in contact with really embrace an all inclusive culture that promotes feedback to improve. Communication is so important.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, celebrate the small wins and continue to be supportive!

May 4, 2018 – Internal Communications Specialist

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience at Patelco. Thank you for your feedback and contributions to the team.

3. "I love these people!"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Here's the good - the people at Patelco are the best in the business. I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that I don't actively hate anyone that works here. Do you know how rare that is to find in a job? I don't hate ANYONE. People here are honest with high integrity.

Patelco tries its best to keep it fun and lively. Speerit Day (our all-company annual meeting) is an absolute riot (and you'd think going into it that it's going to be some boring ol' corporate meeting - not so!). We do semi-annual competitions and get people in the spirit of things.

In my own department, my boss is totally awesome. Flexible, understanding, and completely encouraging of me and my development. Doesn't sweat the small stuff. All in all, the kind of boss I'd like to work for in any job anywhere in the future.

Oh, and that annual incentive bonus? AMAZING.

Cons

Pay can be on the lower end of things. Starting pay for a teller is appalling. Back office employees do a little better but considering we live in the most expensive area in the country, it's not enough (especially with home prices rising as they are).

Upper management can be out of touch with the needs of the people. CEO Breakfasts happen across the organization, employee feedback is given, and yet everything is so slow to change. How many times do people have to state the same issues as a problem before someone goes "you know, I think that might actually be the problem." I think they mean well, certainly. They have a business to run and finances to keep in check. But slow adaptation in this competitive job market can lead to turnover of good people, and that's frustrating.

Advice to Management

Be more open to change and faster to adapt. Keep Patelco lively and FUN. Focus on creating individual contributor opportunities and allow movement to happen from entry-level to professional roles.

Mar 30, 2018 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and contributions here at Patelco. We are happy to learn you like working here around great team members and are enjoying some of our perks.

We are in the midst of... More

4. "Solid Company Great Culture"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union part-time

Pros

Overall this is a great company to work for. The CEO cares about employees. She sees them as people and interacts with them often. Lots of company and family events, bonuses and free food. In branches, experiences with management vary but overall good culture

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, stress level can get high, unorganized at times

5. "Worst company to work for. From the managers and directors all the way up to HR."

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Pittsburg, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Pittsburg, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. This is a bad company to work for. Unless you are a loan officer in which they hire anyone off the street and treat them like gods.

Cons

Loan officers are always right even when they are wrong. Complaints go unnoticed. Managers constantly lie to your face. Loan officers throw everyone under the bus. Zero respect for the position. Constant backstabbing.

Advice to Management

Be better human beings.

Apr 4, 2018 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

"Very unorganized company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get bonuses and sometimes there are potlucks, shuttle to bart from cooperate office is nice too. CEO seems nice.

Cons

Everyone is rude, the turn over rate is very high due to lack of training and lack or structure. HR is super unorganized , no work life balance at all. They combine PTO with sick pay so if your sick it takes away from what is suppose to be vacation time.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you promise.

Mar 29, 2018 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for the feedback and your work here at Patelco. Training opportunities are available both online and in-class throughout the year via our MyGPS portal. We continually evaluate our PTO... More

7. "Proud of being part of this amazing team!"

Current Employee - Managet in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Managet in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great organization! Love my co-workers and the CEO who cares about the employees and members. Love how passionate our CEO is in helping people.

Cons

The only thing that can improve is our PTO policy. Too strict and there should be more tiers based on years of service.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership, Erin! We appreciate you.

"Love what you do!"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patelco is one of the most caring companies to work for. I appreciate the benefits and higher pay than other financial institutions. I did not see myself working in the financial industry, but I knew this was home for me within the first few months. The amount of support I have received from upper management regarding my development has been great. If you let it be known what you aspire to do and put in the work to do so, it will be easy to establish a career and take advantage of career opportunities when they arise.

Cons

Depending on your position you may have to travel from city to city. Its not bad, but some people like to be planted.

"Quality Financial Institution = Quality Employer"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is fairly small compared to other financial institutions in the market. The most positive thing I can say is that this company really cares about the employees. Patelco is much less "political" in the workplace and more performance based. The environment is very competitive and Patelco offers what many banks can't: personalized banking. The benefits are among the best and the pay scale is very competitive. I can understand now why so many team members have elected to stay with this company.

Cons

The primary cons would consist of limitations you set for yourself. The company allows you to grow at a much faster pace than any other financial institutions I have seen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue focusing on team members and members alike.

10. "Member Service Representative"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

-Good Benefits, Great Employees, Lots of job opportunities.

Cons

-Low Pay, Needs better management, Needs Better Bonuses

Advice to Management

Increase pay to your MSRs!