Patelco Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Erin Mendez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and better starting wage than most banks or other credit unions (in 11 reviews)

• Good work/life balance and benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management who doesn't have a workflow; seriously behind on technology; no cohesiveness (in 9 reviews)

• I left to pursue a position that would provide opportunities for growth as the Patelco Call Center provided little room to grow (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Patelco Review"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great for a part time worker and the pay rate is higher than most other entry level jobs. Sundays off is a plus.

Cons

The ability to grow within a company is lacking. There is room for growth, but only if there is an open space available.

Jul 27, 2017 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time share a review. We’re proud to be able to offer our comprehensive benefits to full-time and part-time employees.

We are always looking for ways to help our teams... More

2. "Quality Financial Institution = Quality Employer"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is fairly small compared to other financial institutions in the market. The most positive thing I can say is that this company really cares about the employees. Patelco is much less "political" in the workplace and more performance based. The environment is very competitive and Patelco offers what many banks can't: personalized banking. The benefits are among the best and the pay scale is very competitive. I can understand now why so many team members have elected to stay with this company.

Cons

The primary cons would consist of limitations you set for yourself. The company allows you to grow at a much faster pace than any other financial institutions I have seen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue focusing on team members and members alike.

3. "Customer call representative"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Merced, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Merced, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for a credit union call center. I talk to people all day about their money and how to access it in an air conditioned building and a comfortable chair! What's not to like?

Cons

I don't like that the customers/members are rude or upset when they call in. But it is pertaining their money so of course it is understandable. Sitting all day bad for back

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and follow up with us as much and often as possible! Makes us feel important and that our work is valued

4. "MCC"

Pros

Great training, very informative, good morale

Cons

Long drive (me personally), obscure location, office politics

"Good place to work, can be improved."

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great medical and 401k benefits and PTO

Cons

training for branch staff is lacking, a lot of turnover at the VP and Executive level. It would be difficult for a single person living alone in the Bay Area to survive on the pay. Hard to advance.

Advice to Management

Provide more consistent and continuing training for branch staff. Provide clear paths for advancement.

Aug 14, 2017 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your Patelco experience with us and for being a part of our team for more than 8 years!
    Your timing is ideal, as we are all undergoing mid-year reviews. This is the perfect... More

"Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Co workers are good, hardworking people

Cons

Pay and upper management. After working hard for the company over 5 years they drug me through the mud, accusing me of things I would never do. I had built relationships and bounds over the years that I lost. I was treated so badly I decided to leave. Beware this company has no loyalty or moral ethics. You will always just be another number on their roster if you are willing to work underpaid

Advice to Management

I would give advice but I know you could careless. As long as you have people to work underpaid you will always treat your employees bad, so much potential you will never reach

Aug 16, 2017 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review and for your contributions to Patelco for five years. We are sorry to hear your experience was unpleasant, but wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Sr MSR"

I worked at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

Hardworking people only in the branches though, great team

Cons

False promises for growth they even over work you and make you do everything for that position and then give it to whom they consider their favorite plus they .air you stay over time to do things outside of your job description by telling you it's mandatory absolutely not

Advice to Management

Change the management

"Patelco is always look in grow but We need to adjust the way pto works."

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Merced, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Merced, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. They fund my 401k. I don't put into it as I don't believe in loosing money in a 401k. But they do match you. Free vision plan from VSP .Paid by patelco. They do cash bonus incentives seems like every 6 months maybe?, which is awesome. Potential Pay raise and bonus every march depending on your performance. . When I first started with patelco we didn't get the best training but if seems as if were constantly growing and trying to get better. They feed you alot .. I would say it depends on who's your supervisor but my supervisor is really good at listening and trying to help you get better. . We just started a new career plan on how you can grow, but so far I haven't seen opportunities for when we can get training to grow. .I actually refer many of my friends to apply. . I love working at patelco and I feel like (almost) everyone works as a team. Haven't heard of any gossiping or drama . Patelco really believes in bettering employees life to better there members. And I appreciate that.

Cons

My biggest con is that I wish our PTO wasn't mixed in with our vacation time.. Because what if we were to get sick and use up our pto.. now how would we ever take a break? I don't feel like the pto is enough time for me to ever get a break.. my job as a call rep is not physically demanding but mentally it is very draining... 3 hr a paycheck for part time & 5hr a paycheck for fulltime. . The only other thing is that I work a 10-7 pm shift. Which leaves me with no time to myself. So work& life balance can be difficult..

Advice to Management

Please take a look and see if were able to get unpaid time or vacation time.. I would love to be able to have at least unpaid time to take time away from work and have a LIFE without having to worry if I will have hours if i get sick..

May 12, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your insight as a team member of Patelco. We appreciate your feedback and are using it to help influence our upcoming health fair at the call center. We want our team to truly... More

9. "Good company"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union part-time

Pros

Some managers and branches are amazing to work at and have a great environment. The company as a whole promotes teamwork and team building, I love that about a company. They try to recognize your efforts, everyone has their own scale of judging how well they were rewarded, but a fun company to work at.

Cons

Growth can be slow. Would like to see more opportunities for cross department movement.

10. "Personal Banker - Member Solutions Specialist"

I worked at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Steady Hours - if full time. Great support from Supervisor and other co workers.

Cons

Management. Some people micro manage too much and give you more busy work on top of a workload you can't possibly finish with some under-staffing issues.

A lot of paperwork for the era we live in.

Advice to Management

I know you guys love compliance. But with the workload you, sometimes, give us compliance can't always be followed. Cool it with the busy work and micro management and maybe your branches will perform better.