Patelco Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Erin Mendez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits, 401K match, bonuses, warm and friendly people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a different profile (in 9 reviews)

• Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Patelco Review"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great for a part time worker and the pay rate is higher than most other entry level jobs. Sundays off is a plus.

Cons

The ability to grow within a company is lacking. There is room for growth, but only if there is an open space available.

Patelco Credit Union Response

Jul 27, 2017 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time share a review. We’re proud to be able to offer our comprehensive benefits to full-time and part-time employees.

We are always looking for ways to help our teams... More

2. "Proud of being part of this amazing team!"

Current Employee - Managet in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Managet in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great organization! Love my co-workers and the CEO who cares about the employees and members. Love how passionate our CEO is in helping people.

Cons

The only thing that can improve is our PTO policy. Too strict and there should be more tiers based on years of service.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership, Erin! We appreciate you.

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I must say I have been with Patelco CU for little over 5 years and it is truly an awesome company. I must say that I am very blessed and thankful to be recognized and appreciated by the firm that I originally started straight after college. Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe. It rolls over but caps at that figure until you have been with the firm I think a little longer. 401k is an absolute must.... 3 percent harbor and 5 percent matching. Free lunches and events every now and then. At least once a year you get to experience a company paid event where you get to bring one significant other for employee appreciatian. One year was a boat event in SF called Horn Blower and another year was a family trip for 4 to six flags marine world with buffet BBQ. Met the CEO a few times; she really stands out and cares for the customers and employees. Best of all; this is a credit union organization where we strive to perfection and satisfy all our members to make a difference in their financial lives. You also earn recognition and I must say I been very blessed to earn the respect from all my co workers and especially those from the top. We all stand united as one.

Cons

Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work. You can't just earn it out of thin blue air assuming you deserve it. I did my time in the branch and eventually made way to the headquarters. Hard work pays off. Branches have high turnovers and I admit it's hard there, but it's extremely rewarding. However, I believe its more of a mind over matter part and as you do your time, you will be rewarded with employee recognition along with growth opportunities. It's like this for all other organizations. Patelco truly does listen and they truly do care for you, but for sure you need to do your part and make a difference for the organization. Best of all, love what you do and show it with true colors. Great organization.

Advice to Management

Not much, ; love the company breakfasts and how you can always speak your mind. Always continue making the organization a better place each year. Thank you.

4. "Love what you do!"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patelco is one of the most caring companies to work for. I appreciate the benefits and higher pay than other financial institutions. I did not see myself working in the financial industry, but I knew this was home for me within the first few months. The amount of support I have received from upper management regarding my development has been great. If you let it be known what you aspire to do and put in the work to do so, it will be easy to establish a career and take advantage of career opportunities when they arise.

Cons

Depending on your position you may have to travel from city to city. Its not bad, but some people like to be planted.

"Quality Financial Institution = Quality Employer"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is fairly small compared to other financial institutions in the market. The most positive thing I can say is that this company really cares about the employees. Patelco is much less "political" in the workplace and more performance based. The environment is very competitive and Patelco offers what many banks can't: personalized banking. The benefits are among the best and the pay scale is very competitive. I can understand now why so many team members have elected to stay with this company.

Cons

The primary cons would consist of limitations you set for yourself. The company allows you to grow at a much faster pace than any other financial institutions I have seen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue focusing on team members and members alike.

6. "Member Service Representative"

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time

Pros

-Good Benefits, Great Employees, Lots of job opportunities.

Cons

-Low Pay, Needs better management, Needs Better Bonuses

Advice to Management

Increase pay to your MSRs!

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Msr in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Msr in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Great people. Great atmosphere. Get along well with the employees and the members.

Cons

Corporate doesn't listen to the needs of the branches. Staffing is a little slim.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees

"Customer call representative"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Merced, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Merced, CA

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for a credit union call center. I talk to people all day about their money and how to access it in an air conditioned building and a comfortable chair! What's not to like?

Cons

I don't like that the customers/members are rude or upset when they call in. But it is pertaining their money so of course it is understandable. Sitting all day bad for back

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and follow up with us as much and often as possible! Makes us feel important and that our work is valued

9. "MCC"

Pros

Great training, very informative, good morale

Cons

Long drive (me personally), obscure location, office politics

"Good place to work, can be improved."

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great medical and 401k benefits and PTO

Cons

training for branch staff is lacking, a lot of turnover at the VP and Executive level. It would be difficult for a single person living alone in the Bay Area to survive on the pay. Hard to advance.

Advice to Management

Provide more consistent and continuing training for branch staff. Provide clear paths for advancement.

Patelco Credit Union Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your Patelco experience with us and for being a part of our team for more than 8 years!
    Your timing is ideal, as we are all undergoing mid-year reviews. This is the perfect... More