KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

81% Recommend to a Friend
92% Approve of CEO

Found 163 of over 172 reviews

3.9
Patelco Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Erin Mendez (no image)
Erin Mendez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Patelco Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for Everyone

Aug 2, 2022 - Membership Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was average/competitive, benefits were good. Remote/Hybrid work was great. Mid-Level Management is wonderful (limited access to upper management, so no opinion there). Branch and Call Center have lots of turnover (normal) but the staff they do retain are truly wonderful.

Cons

There was bullying from the first month by an absolutely insane colleague. I reported it to my direct supervisor who convinced me to avoid HR and instead we had two meetings in person to try and fix the situation. It was never resolved and ultimately was the reason I departed the CU. The employee is still working there to this day.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your review and for being a member of the Patelco team. It sounds like your supervisor attempted to mediate the situation with your colleague, and it's unfortunate that it did not work and is the reason you left. Documenting specifics is always a good practice, just in case you need to follow up directly with HR, which we do empower our team to do if they feel it necessary. We wish you the best in the future.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

EHH Its Alright

Jul 21, 2022 - Senior Member Service Representative in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good non-salary compensation, the salary is eh but the packages they give you are great 8% 401k match, basically pay for parking if you work somewhere that doesn't have free parking, a guaranteed COLA raise, additional company wide performance raise and bonus (not dependent on you as an individual) and many small bonuses throughout the year, culture is great i personally haven't had any problems with the fit or any team members

Cons

Internal technology is not this company's strong suit, multiple outages making servicing members very hard to do, slow system that just stops very frequently, I'm told because I'm young this is the only reason i feel the way that i do about it but the programs we use are also super unintuitive, with many unnecessary extra steps

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and being a part of the Patelco team. If you are still with Patelco, we recently announced an adjustment in wages to be at and above the cost of living wage and we do consult with a third-party consultant annually to ensure pay equity. As you mention, we consider pay to be a part of total rewards, including the benefits, organizational rewards and perks distributed throughout the year to ensure consistent opportunities for access to additional funds. We also believe in pay transparency and have the pay ranges for all roles in the company posted in our Org Chart so that team members can determine how and where they'd like to grow their careers with us. Our technology is not as strong as a big bank - you perspective is not just because of your age and it's unfortunate if someone told you that. Our technology is mostly based in-house, on systems that ensure the highest security and we are working towards more ease of use. Being a credit union and member-owned, we are mindful of how we spend our members' money and buying fancy technology to compete with big banks is not what we strive for. Thank you again for your thoughtful review and thank you for your service.

3. 4.0

Good Company

Jul 20, 2022 - Senior Digital Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

small and folks are easy to work with

Cons

small and too many people knows your business

Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your review. It looks like you found pros and cons to us being a smaller company (of almost 800). Depending on where you are located, it may seem even smaller as we are dispersed workforce and in a hybrid work environment.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great for ambitious people.

Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities are available IF you’re willing to take the initiative to learn and grow. Heavily involved in the community. Great benefits Growing rapidly

Cons

Cons are dependent upon job function.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. As we are growing and changing rapidly to best serve our communities and members, we are identifying new opportunities for our team members. We offer a free subscription to LinkedIn Learning, along with our internal learning programs and do encourage our team to pursue their passions, while also having candid conversations with their managers about possibilities. We're all about possibilities this year and look forward to a future that will let our team, our members and our communities flourish.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

salary

Jul 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good. better. best excellent. awesome

Cons

all was good no cons

Communications Manager

Thank you for being a member of the Patelco team - best wishes in your future!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teller III

Jun 30, 2022 - Senior Customer Service Representative in Brentwood, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, employers are very good and everyone works as a team

Cons

Everything is good I have nothing to complain about

Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your review and taking care of our members from our Brentwood branch. Thanks for serving with us.

7. 3.0

Great Environment - Little Opportunities for Advancement

Jun 16, 2022 - Talent Development Partner in Dublin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, great coworkers, lots of training opportunities.

Cons

The company seems stuck in years past. Lacking current and updated technology. Little room for career advancement.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It's good to hear you enjoy your co-workers and learning opportunities. As we are growing, we are identifying more opportunities for growth, some of which are new to our company and industry. Because they are new, it may help to have a conversation with your manager about your growth goals and see how we can align. Thank you for being a member of our team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jun 11, 2022 - Member Solutions Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, Culture, Community Impact, Job Growth

Cons

None that I can Think of

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for being a part of our team, serving our members!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great until it was not

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful headquarters, close to Bart

Cons

Lack of team work and leadership

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

Thank you for being a part of our team for more than five years. We wish you the best and hope that you can take some of what you learned to further your future career.

10. 1.0

High turnover, incompetent coworkers

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that come to mind

Cons

Onboarding is non-existent. Politics is everywhere. Coworkers were lazy and incompetent.

Communications Manager

Sorry to hear that your onboarding experience did not feel successful. We are currently refreshing our new hire orientation and onboarding programs to align with our hybrid work environments. We welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvement, which you can email to the Organizational Communications email address or reach out to me directly for a confidential discussion (Angela Tarricone) or your manager. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your experience at Patelco.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Reviews
</>Embed

Patelco Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Patelco Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 172 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Patelco Credit Union to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Patelco Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Patelco Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

81% of Patelco Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Patelco Credit Union 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Patelco Credit Union to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management, senior leadership.