KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews about "credit union"

Updated Jun 28, 2021

Found 14 of over 166 reviews

3.9
Patelco Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Erin Mendez (no image)
Erin Mendez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Patelco Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "credit union"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

N/A

Feb 21, 2021 - Phone Service Representative in Merced, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture! Very supportive.

Cons

Dealing with very angry credit union members over the phone.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for being a part of our team, our culture and taking care of our members over the phone. The past year has been so tough for many of our members who have lost their jobs, businesses and are surrounded by ongoing fear in their finances. Thank you for being empathetic to them and helping them through this on their tough days.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Okay

Jun 28, 2021 - Banker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low interest rates employee discounts good benefits technology is pretty good compared to other banks/credit unions

Cons

Depending on who you work with, the culture could be a good one or a toxic one. Lots of drama, pay is not the greatest, not the worst either. Lots of room for growth, but a lot is favoritism. At the branch level, the busier branch were always overworked, and told to keep taking on more work load. The culture was great at first, but they started going towards a corporate old school culture. They hate when you take PTO, and will make it impossible or make you feel bad for you to actually take time off your time off depends on who else in the region is taking time off they only allow about two people in the entire region to actually have time off at the same time

Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at Patelco credit union. Over the past year, our branch teams have been continuing to serve our members in person and we know that it was very stressful as we strived to make sure we were there for our members, many of whom were experiencing financial distress due to the pandemic. While it has been a rough year for everyone, our branch team members faced additional challenges and we did provide some additional rewards as a result. Thank you for your advice - our team does work very hard and we thank you for your service.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s ok

Jun 17, 2021 - Fraud Investigator in Dublin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and coworkers. Good leaders. Care about their work and the well being of Credit union members.

Cons

Lower pay for the the amount of work. Old tech and software makes more work.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. The last two years have seen a rise in fraud, as fraudsters are becoming more savvy with digital channels and taking advantage of pandemic-related activity. As a result, we are continuing to restructure our fraud team so that we can proactively protect our members. Thank you for being a part of our team during this transformation.

4. 5.0

A great place to work

Dec 27, 2015 - Document Imaging Specialist in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union Corporate Offices in Pleasanton less than a year and have found it to be a great pace to work. The interview proccess was both friendly and professional, much how the work environment is. I was kept in contact during the interview process and was aware of the status throughout. The training is professional and thorough equipping me with the foundation for a successful career path. Co-workers, Management and HR have been completely supportive and available. My position at Patelco Credit Union is one of the best employment experiences I've had. The benefits package is great and I recommend Patelco Credit Union to anyone who has the opportunity to work there.

Cons

I am convinced there is no down side except I should have started my career with Patelco Credit Union years ago.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Patelco team member. We appreciate your feedback!

5. 5.0

Awesome company

Oct 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I must say I have been with Patelco CU for little over 5 years and it is truly an awesome company. I must say that I am very blessed and thankful to be recognized and appreciated by the firm that I originally started straight after college. Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe. It rolls over but caps at that figure until you have been with the firm I think a little longer. 401k is an absolute must.... 3 percent harbor and 5 percent matching. Free lunches and events every now and then. At least once a year you get to experience a company paid event where you get to bring one significant other for employee appreciatian. One year was a boat event in SF called Horn Blower and another year was a family trip for 4 to six flags marine world with buffet BBQ. Met the CEO a few times; she really stands out and cares for the customers and employees. Best of all; this is a credit union organization where we strive to perfection and satisfy all our members to make a difference in their financial lives. You also earn recognition and I must say I been very blessed to earn the respect from all my co workers and especially those from the top. We all stand united as one.

Cons

Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work. You can't just earn it out of thin blue air assuming you deserve it. I did my time in the branch and eventually made way to the headquarters. Hard work pays off. Branches have high turnovers and I admit it's hard there, but it's extremely rewarding. However, I believe its more of a mind over matter part and as you do your time, you will be rewarded with employee recognition along with growth opportunities. It's like this for all other organizations. Patelco truly does listen and they truly do care for you, but for sure you need to do your part and make a difference for the organization. Best of all, love what you do and show it with true colors. Great organization.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Stress But No Growth

Nov 15, 2016 - Member Service Representative in Campbell, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patelco is easygoing. Great place to work if you want to get a taste of the credit union or banking world without the extreme sales mentality that other banks or credit unions can have. They are very member focused and they do offer some incentives. Sunday are always off and Saturdays are normally done by 2 or 3pm. They also have one hell of a holiday party :)

Cons

Benefits, although I believe it has changed, they did not offer part-time employees any benefits. Their benefits packages in general were not great anyway. There's very little room for growth and there is a clear disconnect between corporates non-sales mentality and regional manages enforcement of sales goals. Staffing issues and low pay have always made it difficult for moral or employee engagement.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the holiday party! We pride ourselves on focusing on people – especially our members and employees (team members). This is why we’ve created a comprehensive benefits program for all team members, including part-time employees. These benefits include medical and tuition reimbursement (along with other benefits and perks) because we know that when we invest in our team, it makes us better. Our culture supports putting people and service before sales and participation, which is a message that we are working to maintain consistently across the organization. Thank you for your feedback and best wishes to you.

7. 5.0

Customer call representative

Aug 16, 2017 - Call Center Customer Service Representative in Merced, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working for a credit union call center. I talk to people all day about their money and how to access it in an air conditioned building and a comfortable chair! What's not to like?

Cons

I don't like that the customers/members are rude or upset when they call in. But it is pertaining their money so of course it is understandable. Sitting all day bad for back

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Positive reviews are written by Patelco's marketing department.

Mar 23, 2016 - Copywriter/Editor in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was by far the worst experience of my professional life.

Cons

Management is dishonest and barely conceals its total disdain and contempt of their own employees. This was my first time working at a credit union and the only time I've witnessed an HR head lie to the entire employee base about policy changes being in their favor, when of course the change was in compliance with a legal mandate and ultimately cost the employees money. I really hope the current CEO/HR exec will start reading Glassdoor reviews and recognize they have a longstanding crisis on their hands: Massive attrition and a disastrous employer brand. I know for a fact who has written these positive reviews, and I hope people can separate authentic reviews from the ones with clear marketing spin. Hint: They usually have a response from Patelco that appears to have been written in an identical tone of voice.

13 people found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback on your experience at Patelco. We are sorry that it was not a good fit for you. As we evolve, we know some changes won’t align with everyone’s needs, and we thank you for your service. We appreciate honest and genuine feedback, and with that goal in mind, we wouldn’t consider writing our own reviews.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Member Services

Feb 2, 2015 - Member Service Representative in San Ramon, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bankers Hours, the people I worked with were great. Set schedule. Room to advance if you want to put in the time and effort if Credit Union / Bank career is what your looking for.

Cons

Will take a long time to get to the pay level that is required to live in the Bay Area.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Not Terrible

Jun 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat flexible with employees and they also host events for them to keep unity and morale up. Overall they treat their employees well.

Cons

As any customer service job, the members are a little entitled but that is no fault of the credit union.

Be the first to find this review helpful