KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Aug 26, 2021

Found 35 of over 166 reviews

3.9
Patelco Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Erin Mendez (no image)
Erin Mendez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Patelco Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Disappointed

Oct 7, 2014 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great. Health Care, Vision, Dental.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive at all. Personal growth is not there. 3 CEOs in less than 7 years has the organization going crazy.

18 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Opportunity for

Jan 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patelco provided a lot of great benefits and an almost unbeatable 401k employer match. The dedication and passion for members are top priority. Employees are genuine people who are committed to their members.

Cons

Unfortunately with a larger company, technology for use by the employees tend to be lacking. Outdated systems are utilized for the majority of the staff. Management pushed job duties to their subordinates, and failed to take accountability in different areas. It provided some opportunities, however it does not have a clear path for growth.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective as a team member of Patelco. We are committed to the well-being of our members and our team and are happy to hear you experienced this as a team member. Introducing learning and career growth opportunities to our team is an area we are continually evolving and we appreciate your thoughts as they can help us improve. Best wishes in your future.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company

Oct 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I must say I have been with Patelco CU for little over 5 years and it is truly an awesome company. I must say that I am very blessed and thankful to be recognized and appreciated by the firm that I originally started straight after college. Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe. It rolls over but caps at that figure until you have been with the firm I think a little longer. 401k is an absolute must.... 3 percent harbor and 5 percent matching. Free lunches and events every now and then. At least once a year you get to experience a company paid event where you get to bring one significant other for employee appreciatian. One year was a boat event in SF called Horn Blower and another year was a family trip for 4 to six flags marine world with buffet BBQ. Met the CEO a few times; she really stands out and cares for the customers and employees. Best of all; this is a credit union organization where we strive to perfection and satisfy all our members to make a difference in their financial lives. You also earn recognition and I must say I been very blessed to earn the respect from all my co workers and especially those from the top. We all stand united as one.

Cons

Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work. You can't just earn it out of thin blue air assuming you deserve it. I did my time in the branch and eventually made way to the headquarters. Hard work pays off. Branches have high turnovers and I admit it's hard there, but it's extremely rewarding. However, I believe its more of a mind over matter part and as you do your time, you will be rewarded with employee recognition along with growth opportunities. It's like this for all other organizations. Patelco truly does listen and they truly do care for you, but for sure you need to do your part and make a difference for the organization. Best of all, love what you do and show it with true colors. Great organization.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Stress But No Growth

Nov 15, 2016 - Member Service Representative in Campbell, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patelco is easygoing. Great place to work if you want to get a taste of the credit union or banking world without the extreme sales mentality that other banks or credit unions can have. They are very member focused and they do offer some incentives. Sunday are always off and Saturdays are normally done by 2 or 3pm. They also have one hell of a holiday party :)

Cons

Benefits, although I believe it has changed, they did not offer part-time employees any benefits. Their benefits packages in general were not great anyway. There's very little room for growth and there is a clear disconnect between corporates non-sales mentality and regional manages enforcement of sales goals. Staffing issues and low pay have always made it difficult for moral or employee engagement.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the holiday party! We pride ourselves on focusing on people – especially our members and employees (team members). This is why we’ve created a comprehensive benefits program for all team members, including part-time employees. These benefits include medical and tuition reimbursement (along with other benefits and perks) because we know that when we invest in our team, it makes us better. Our culture supports putting people and service before sales and participation, which is a message that we are working to maintain consistently across the organization. Thank you for your feedback and best wishes to you.

5. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

A mission driven team of leaders

Mar 19, 2015 - Contract Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven, sincere, new leadership is great.

Cons

Pay scale less than for-profit banks (but benefits are great). Some relics from previous, old style, political management need cleaned out.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Central Funding

Nov 24, 2021 - Consumer Loan Funder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and has great possibilities of moving up within the company

Cons

Paid vacation is earned whereas most companies give you two weeks of PTO to start off with.

Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Patelco. We've structured our PTO so that team members can accrue time thoughout the year (new employees get 3 weeks their first year). We do review our benefits annually and will take this suggestion into consideration. As a team member in central funding, we thank you for helping with the increased volume of requests from our members so that we can best serve them during these uncertain financial times. We are seeking out ways to help manage the constant change and would love for you to share your feedback about lack of support with your manager. We will follow up as well. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a member of the Patelco team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Patelco Review

Jul 7, 2017 - Member Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great for a part time worker and the pay rate is higher than most other entry level jobs. Sundays off is a plus.

Cons

The ability to grow within a company is lacking. There is room for growth, but only if there is an open space available.

Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time share a review. We’re proud to be able to offer our comprehensive benefits to full-time and part-time employees. We are always looking for ways to help our teams grow in their current position, while planning for the next opportunity, with free learning and development courses. And while the ideal opportunity may not be open at this time, there may be other opportunities that could help you reach your career goals. Please share your career goals with your manager and HR Business Partners, who can help you identify the right path for your goals.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work

Sep 19, 2019 - Senior Msr
    Business Outlook

Pros

They hire great people. Not very many duds, and lots of great team work. Benefits are great and hours are good.

Cons

A little light on the pay, technology is getting better but needs improvement.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review, and for recognizing the improvements we're making in technology. As Open Enrollment is coming up soon, we will have suggestions how you can maximize your benefits and save money. Thank you for being a part of our team.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Zero Work Life Balance

Jan 4, 2022 - Senior Systems Engineer in Dublin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits and good co-workers

Cons

Technology group has zero work life balance, incredibly stressful environment. Engineers are overworked and not enough staff. Management pushes too many projects on too few staff. Hard environment to succeed in with Management having unrealistic expectations

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

employee

Jul 5, 2016 -  in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits great company to work for

Cons

company is great. but there is a miss connections with HQ and regions and regionals to employees. I understand technology is improving but we have become more sales driven than member service focus. pay is OK

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews