KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews about "patelco"

Updated Feb 11, 2020

Found 14 of over 166 reviews

3.9
Patelco Credit Union President and Chief Executive Officer Erin Mendez (no image)
Erin Mendez

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Patelco Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "patelco"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company and culture

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits! Patelco matches contributions up to 5% and automacally provides a 3% Safe Harbor contribution. That’s 8%! The share of cost for medical, dental, and vision is very reasonable. There are also many other services and programs available to employees. Patelco does a great job in helping you know all of your resources for benefits related questions so you are never not in the know! In addition to the great benefits I’ve also experienced a Wonderful work life balance, amazing teammates and management, and many career growth opportunities. Speaking of opportunities, Patelco loves to find talent within the company. Management helps you get to where you want to be, encourages growth, and teaches you the skills you need to succeed.

Cons

Obviously, as with any company, each employee’s individual experience within Patelco will differ based on their expectations and their management team. Luckily, the management I have worked with and the people I have come in contact with really embrace an all inclusive culture that promotes feedback to improve. Communication is so important.

1 person found this review helpful

Internal Communications Specialist

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience at Patelco. Thank you for your feedback and contributions to the team.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst company

Feb 11, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros for this shady company

Cons

Patelco is operating shady business by just opening accounts without members consent and just looking to bring in new business which ever way they can in a wrong way. Patelco soon will get in some real trouble like Wells Fargo did. If you want to ruin your career join Patelco.

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review and perceptions as a Patelco team member. As a member-owned credit union, we are committed to promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct, and we hold our team accountable for acting with the upmost of integrity. We purposefully do not reward our team with production bonuses or commissions (based on the number of accounts they open) because we do not want to encourage this type of behavior. As part of our onboarding, compliance training and throughout a team member’s career at Patelco, we reinforce and encourage the reporting of any unethical behavior, such as this, to their manager, Human Resources or our Ethics Hotline. We would appreciate learning more about your observations and any other information you would like to share by contacting Suzanne Rumsey, VP, Talent. Thank you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company

Oct 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I must say I have been with Patelco CU for little over 5 years and it is truly an awesome company. I must say that I am very blessed and thankful to be recognized and appreciated by the firm that I originally started straight after college. Great benefits starting with health insurance and pto acrues if you don't use it to 240 I believe. It rolls over but caps at that figure until you have been with the firm I think a little longer. 401k is an absolute must.... 3 percent harbor and 5 percent matching. Free lunches and events every now and then. At least once a year you get to experience a company paid event where you get to bring one significant other for employee appreciatian. One year was a boat event in SF called Horn Blower and another year was a family trip for 4 to six flags marine world with buffet BBQ. Met the CEO a few times; she really stands out and cares for the customers and employees. Best of all; this is a credit union organization where we strive to perfection and satisfy all our members to make a difference in their financial lives. You also earn recognition and I must say I been very blessed to earn the respect from all my co workers and especially those from the top. We all stand united as one.

Cons

Not really a con, but all I can think of is you really do make a name for yourself when you earn the respect through hard work. You can't just earn it out of thin blue air assuming you deserve it. I did my time in the branch and eventually made way to the headquarters. Hard work pays off. Branches have high turnovers and I admit it's hard there, but it's extremely rewarding. However, I believe its more of a mind over matter part and as you do your time, you will be rewarded with employee recognition along with growth opportunities. It's like this for all other organizations. Patelco truly does listen and they truly do care for you, but for sure you need to do your part and make a difference for the organization. Best of all, love what you do and show it with true colors. Great organization.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company to Work For

Mar 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patelco offers great benefits....there is a long list...from medical to wardrobe loans with no interest...they match up to 5% to your 401K on top of the automatic 3%. For the last 3 years I have been here, I received a annual bonus and pay increase. If you work hard, you are easily promoted if you apply. They do a lot of reach out to the community, we have our own sports complex. I work for a great team in our corporate office....with a great Manager and VP.

Cons

1. I hate the commute to work but that is my personal con, doesn't have anything to do with the company. 2. Wish we had Jean Friday back. 3. There are system issues. Like every company Not just Patelco there are issues....not going to complain or give them away... you will have to find out for yourself. :-)

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to be a part of.

Mar 31, 2016 - Some Guy In IT in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the reasons why I enjoy working at Patelco so much is the people that are hired. For the most part, they know their jobs and do it. And they do it well. The benefits are some of the best I've had. Up to 8% 401k contribution, low cost medical, a competitive PTO package, a bonus program you can definitely smile at, and generous discounts on certain loans products. I have taken advantage of all the above. Erin - our CEO - is active in bettering the work place for us and making sure we remain strong in our industry. The pay is great.

Cons

Lack of communication for some things. One thing I want to note - Patelco isn't for everyone. Just like Google, Apple, and other great companies aren't for everyone. You can't please everyone. I encourage anyone looking into possibly starting a career here to not be turned off by some of the negative comments. I assure you they are NOT the sentiment of most of us.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for your honesty and taking the time to share your experience as an IT professional at Patelco. We are always interested in improving communication to our team members and hope you will share your suggestions with your team or use the My IDEA box on our intranet.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Positive reviews are written by Patelco's marketing department.

Mar 23, 2016 - Copywriter/Editor in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was by far the worst experience of my professional life.

Cons

Management is dishonest and barely conceals its total disdain and contempt of their own employees. This was my first time working at a credit union and the only time I've witnessed an HR head lie to the entire employee base about policy changes being in their favor, when of course the change was in compliance with a legal mandate and ultimately cost the employees money. I really hope the current CEO/HR exec will start reading Glassdoor reviews and recognize they have a longstanding crisis on their hands: Massive attrition and a disastrous employer brand. I know for a fact who has written these positive reviews, and I hope people can separate authentic reviews from the ones with clear marketing spin. Hint: They usually have a response from Patelco that appears to have been written in an identical tone of voice.

13 people found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback on your experience at Patelco. We are sorry that it was not a good fit for you. As we evolve, we know some changes won’t align with everyone’s needs, and we thank you for your service. We appreciate honest and genuine feedback, and with that goal in mind, we wouldn’t consider writing our own reviews.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work

Dec 27, 2015 - Document Imaging Specialist in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Patelco Credit Union Corporate Offices in Pleasanton less than a year and have found it to be a great pace to work. The interview proccess was both friendly and professional, much how the work environment is. I was kept in contact during the interview process and was aware of the status throughout. The training is professional and thorough equipping me with the foundation for a successful career path. Co-workers, Management and HR have been completely supportive and available. My position at Patelco Credit Union is one of the best employment experiences I've had. The benefits package is great and I recommend Patelco Credit Union to anyone who has the opportunity to work there.

Cons

I am convinced there is no down side except I should have started my career with Patelco Credit Union years ago.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a Patelco team member. We appreciate your feedback!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pressure cooker and toxic wok environment

Jan 21, 2016 - Content Editorial Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have great benefits and encourage workers to use them. They do their best to help members who need special attention and want to educate members about their finances.

Cons

I was hired to do one job and quickly found out that I would be doing 3 roles instead! From the beginning I was NOT set up for success. My failure was their failure yet no one took responsibility to ensure I had all the tools, knowledge and support to do my best. There was: No training about products and services - how does this happen when you're working in the marketing dept.? I was told instead to go on the company intranet and read. No time when I snowed under with deadlines. Hostile co-workers who were not only uncooperative, but unprofessional in their behavior and it was not eliminated immediately and prevented me from doing my best because it required teamwork to get projects completed. Thankfully there were a few who saw my skills as valuable but it didn't extend to my boss who had a "I know you can do it" response. My weekly meeting with my manager that was promised upon my arrival rarely happened and they were often hard to reach. I was left to swim or sink as I worked- creating an unnecessary stressful work environment. There is no room to learn anything new in a reasonable manner and the deadlines are constant and crushing. Nearly everything was urgent no matter how many times it was organized by priorities. I was told I wasn't meeting expectations and the feeling was mutual at best. I felt thrown to the wolves, bullied and unappreciated. I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like this in my 20 year career in corporate work. I was lucky enough to make some incredible professional and personal friendships with many there, so there were some bright spots and a holiday bonus, but it doesn't erase the issues that has caused that department to flourish in constant turnover. I left angry because I rejected a lucrative contract with a major bank that I could have still be working. I believe their intentions are honorable but the results don't show and I would never recommend to a friend to apply for work at Patelco headquarters. Just being honest.

19 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Re-hire opportunities nil

Oct 12, 2015 - Telephone Contact Center Service Representative in Los Banos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patelco people were great to work with. Good benefits, which are now available to part timers also.

Cons

I left to pursue a position that would provide opportunities for growth as the Patelco Call Center provided little room to grow.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Patelco. Patelco is proud to be able to offer benefits to part-time employees. We wish you the best in your future opportunities for growth.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee

Pros

Good starter experience for people who are desperate for banking experience otherwise there are great options for you.

Cons

Chump Change pay. Even McDonald employees make more flipping burgers then a banker at Patelco. Management will pile you up with work. Company doesn't know it's direction and where they headed. Every month they have a new motive. Feels like whoever are running the company are running it on practice mode as if they were playing a game.

12 people found this review helpful