Path Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Path Group President and Chief Executive Officer Ben W. Davis
Ben W. Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company is family oriented, provides great benefits and rewards employees when department goals are met (in 3 reviews)

• People trying to advance by making shrude remarks or slamming their coworkers or upper management are the ones who post on these sites (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication with supervisor (in 3 reviews)

• There is a lot of "old school" people who haven't quite moved to the next century yet (in 2 reviews)

1. "Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Path Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the client office I worked for.. WHA

Cons

We get our labs balance written off after Insurance pays , employees benefit , but you always have to call and get it written off. You do everything right to have it written off but you still have to call .

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Pathgroup (Grassmere Park)"

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Assistant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Path Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great job security and able to work at a steady pace.

Cons

overnight shift is the production shift. Not many offers for day shift work.

Advice to Management

Work on communicating with employees better and relaying information to them.

3. "Great Company"

I worked at Path Group full-time

Pros

The supportive culture within PathGroup is amazing. A true role model for other labs. This company rewards hard work and allows for growth and opportunity. The dermatopathology lab is a premier offering of service anywhere in the US.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Retain the talent that comes through the business.

4. "So sad when people quit or get let go they slam a company"

Pros

PathGroup is an excellent company to work for if you are willing to work. People trying to advance by making shrude remarks or slamming their coworkers or upper management are the ones who post on these sites!

Cons

PathGroup is a very flourishing company and cannot hire enough 'good' workers (not slackers) quick enough to keep the work load to a comfortable level for other workers.

5. "Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Path Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and most the clients we work for.

Cons

Management, no room for advancement unless you rat out your co-workers. Too much stabbing in the back.

Advice to Management

Try doing more for the face of Pathgroup. Stop throwing your phlebs under the bus. Enough with threatening people with their jobs.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Path Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is pay. Pay starts at $15 an hour, and shift diff for 2nd shift is 1.50 and then 2.50 for 3rd shift.

Cons

Please, read the reviews; all 50+ of them. I was a great employee, in fact the hardest one in the department I worked in (we received QA reports, and it showed who does what percentage of the work..I had the highest, it was not split evenly, and since my co-workers knew this, they sat on their lazy behinds..when management should have either fired the lazy workers for making 1 person take the brunt of the work, or whip them into shape. Neither happened.

The amount of work you have to do, is also quite insane. You can't even leave until you finish.. if you leave any work left over you will get written up, or the person on the next shift will complain and you will get in trouble; instead of them helping you out, you get written up.

Management here is a joke. They literally choose anyone to be the manager because they can't find real people to do the job because of how horrible PathGroup is. My manager literally didn't know how to do her job, and I had to train her on what we did at PG. She rarely worked 40 hrs a week, and left early almost every day. She wouldn't even tell us when she was leaving. I'd find out by trying to go to her office and her light was off.

Beware, if you are a hard working employee in your department, management will find a way to either fire you, write you up, or push you out of the company. It's honestly sad because PG could have hardworking people who want to see this company thrive, but management thinks otherwise. Also, management works all together, so just because your manager is going to someone higher up with your issue/complaint/problem... nope. Those people that are higher up, also team up against you.

All in all I am SO happy I left and got out of this company and the horrible environment I was working in. I was bullied by other co-workers (and my own manager) due to their own problems in life, taking it out on me, and being jealous. But don't worry, karma came back around.

This place is TRASH. I highly advise you to stay away.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people who want to see PG thrive and succeed. Especially managers. The current ones at PG are terrible.

"CEO in complete denial"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Path Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance, paid sick/vacation, 401k (after a year)

Cons

As you'll notice, most of the "positive" reviews are first....so keep on reading all 50+ for the truth. There are some shady narcissistic managers that work there and it has gotten worse. People who've been there for years are either leaving or are planning on it. People get thrown under the bus daily. People have write-ups forced on them, even if they weren't the ones at fault. If you're smarter than your supervisor? Watch out, you'll get passively aggressively harassed so much that you'll have no other choice than to leave. The employees chatter under their breath about how awful the company is and how they can no longer trust anyone. It's a joke. The Pathologists see a lot of what's going on, but because they are in a separate tier, have no say. Managers pass write-ups out like candy. The managers do not handle problems calmly and professionally, instead they insult and demean. I know you're thinking I'm just one person and I'm probably a bad employee, but you'd be greatly mistaken. People are terrified to stand up for themselves, I'm not. The only reason I chose to remain anonymous is so that I'm not left on the streets for being honest. No one wants to lose their job. People are angry and feel like they are treated like children. Corporate only talks to Management. Problem is, most of those managers are all in it together and will do anything to get the smarter employees under them fired or forced out since they don't want to lose their jobs. You'll see....they smile and use their charm and manipulation tactics.
    Many of the managers rarely work 40 hours and come and go as they please, blaming mistakes on their minions. Many managers don't even know how to do certain jobs in THEIR OWN departments. So, you can take this advice or leave it....but don't let them fool you. Also, when you get a write-up.....you can't transfer out of your department for a year....even if you were FALSELY accused. I even know of an employee who took a block home with her in her jacket pocket AND has been looking at her own personal results in the system. Automatic fire? Nope....her boss lies for her. That same person got a $4 more raise an hour and never gets in trouble because she's favorited for not being a threat to her bosses position, except....she's the one that majorly screws up endlessly . Ask the pathologists. Seriously.....ask them who's being screwed and who's doing the screwing.

Advice to Management

Talk to your Pathologists and ask what they've seen, heard and experienced. They are smart.....and they can tell you all about what's really going on. Go to HR and look at your write ups.....see how many of those have the "blamed" employees confessing what actually happened and that they weren't at fault. You want Pathgroup to survive and flourish? Do your investigating and clean out the old managerial trash before you move into the new building. Be a company that matters. Help your employees feel proud to work there. INVESTIGATE why certain good employees leave and don't just take the managers word for it. People are lying to you. Maybe you don't want to admit how bad it's gotten, and that's understandable....but how are you going to successfully grow if you can't face your issues head on. Also, not everyone got your employee survey in their emails. Why? Don't believe anything I've said in this review? Then you are one of the many in denial and part of the problem. Lastly, have more faith in your employees. No one is out to purposely screw anything up or hurt the company. People make mistakes. When they do? Talk to them, human to human, not royalty to traitor. Everyone is talking and your bridge is starting to smolder.

8. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Path Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Pathgroup almost two years. I never had an issue with co workers nor management. Work load can become a little stressful when dealing with different attitudes.

Cons

The one thing that I'll disagree with is management has picks and can be one sided and unfair.

Advice to Management

Proper investigations go a long way. Treat ALL employees as if you appreciate them.

9. "PathGroup"

Current Employee - Accessioning Clerk in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Accessioning Clerk in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Path Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They try to accomodate all of your needs. The company is growing like crazy and they like to try new things to try to keep up production.

Cons

There is not much room for upward movement. Management in some departments changes a lot. Since I have been here, 1 year, there has been 3 overall managers and 2 department managers. You may have to be on call multiple holidays depending on the department.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an overall standard for the department. They give you certain numbers to meet every night, but then don't do anything about it if you don't reach those number.

10. "Marketing"

I have been working at Path Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, potential for growth, expanding in to new territories.

Cons

Growing pains, extended decision making process, disconnect between teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the customer service and local feel of PathGroup. More team building within the company would help solidify the departments. Appreciation of all staff needs to be more present, especially in high stress areas.