Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "CPRC Supervisor"

Former Employee - CPRC Supervisor in Waynesville, MO
    Former Employee - CPRC Supervisor in Waynesville, MO

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time

Pros

Lots of flexibility in terms of working and raising a family. Supportive work environment. Great management. They promote from within. The company philosophy is client centered. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

The company spans Missouri and parts of Louisiana. It is divided between multiple different regions with different management. There are vast differences between different regions in terms of how things are done. It can be confusing to clients and employees who move from one service area to another. Also, pay is relatively low however this is a non-profit so pay will be commensurate.

Advice to Management

Work on improving consistency agency wide. Increased pay would be a great benefit.

2. "Psych Nursing"

Current Employee - RN BSN in El Dorado Springs, MO
    Current Employee - RN BSN in El Dorado Springs, MO

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with clients and co-workers on unit.

Cons

Lack of consistant administrative support

Advice to Management

More supportive to staff on unit

3. "Helping others"

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To help others in community

Cons

Low pay for college educated employees

"Program Manager"

I have been working at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great impact on the lives of others

Cons

Locations are not on bus, at times difficult to staff.

6. "JUST SAY NO"

Former Employee - Case Management in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Case Management in San Diego, CA

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An amazing opportunity to work with client with severe mental illness, coworkers are often supported, field base amazing opportunity to see how broken the mental health system is.

Cons

Management is horrible! They treat their workers very poorly and pay them worse. It is very clear that the focus is on profits and not on the clients. They don't pay you the overtime that you have to work in order to meet their ridiculous standards for productivity and documentation.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees so poorly. Create more teams and hire more people. Pay them a living wage so there's not so much turnover which is horrible for the clients. Contract with the county and Melina healthcare for lower productivity rate and lower caseloads to a reasonable amount.

7. "Good People. Poor Pay."

Pros

Co-workers are great, and the management is great. The work you do is rewarding.

Cons

Not nearly enough pay for the duties.

"Great coworkers but terrible pay"

Current Employee - Community Support Specialist in Sunrise Beach, MO
    Current Employee - Community Support Specialist in Sunrise Beach, MO

Pros

Great and helpful coworkers, flexibility, paid time off, and holidays are among the enjoyable parts of the job. Direct supervisors are supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Continuously changing policy, unfair management practices, unhelpful or supportive management, unbelievably low pay for the difficulty of the job and expectations.

9. "Great field- horrible company"

Pros

Clients, flexible hours, career opportunities if you are willing to do your job plus the jobs of everyone else.

Cons

HR, low pay, no appreciation, no raises, high turn over rate....seemed like HR and everyone wanted their hands in the cookie jar but had little knowledge of the clients. HR/ CEO sits behind their desk and dictates how to run the program. During my employment, we were always short staffed. Not once did HR or the CEO offer any support. They expect for staff and managers to work 50+ hours a week then wonder why there is such a high turn over rate. Not once did they ever get out from behind their desk and offer to be hands on.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you are above staff and the supervisors. You talk down to staff and anyone not on the executive team. Also stop talking about other staff. I can't count the number of times I was in the office where the QA director and COO were talking about other staff members negatively with the door wide open.

10. "Community Support Specialist"

Former Employee - CSS in Nevada, MO
    Former Employee - CSS in Nevada, MO

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, relatively flexible job duties, good people, good benefits, company supplies your with a nice phone for free or you can purchase a brand new one by making reasonable payments, nice laptops to work on, phones have reasonably good connection for travelling, you get company vehicles to drive which saves your own.

Cons

Not the best salary, not the best work environment ergonomically speaking, it's quite noisy and you will not have your own office so it's hard to find a quiet place to finish your notes, lots of petty women gossip due to not being kept busy enough plus some work drama, lots of pressure to achieve a certain productivity percentage and writing your notes to be medicaid compliant, big brother watching over your shoulder constantly due to lack of trust from supervisors in their staff, sometimes you can get a horrible supervisor who constantly breathes down your neck to make sure you're crossing your T's and dotting your i's so to speak.....too much pressure to get that percentage and not enough clients to help you get your daily quota. This company also has very poor communication despite all this hand dandy fancy equipment and tracking devices they give you. Oh, btw, forgot to mention that this company does track your every move, including when where and how often you use the bathroom daily. Seriously. If you are up to big brother watching your every move then I say go for it, otherwise, find another job. They will hire relatively quickly and fire relatively quickly as well. Beware. Good luck. I tried to transfer to another office due to personality conflict between myself and my supervisor but the supervisor I had refused to allow me to transfer. There was SO much stress for me and discrimination, as well. I was there a year. This company values more sales than it does quality client care, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging!!!! Right Now!!!! You WILL not obtain productivity from your staff if you are consistently micromanaging and expecting your staff to "check in" with you twice to 3 times daily. Come on!!! Don't you think there are other ways to determine whether or not your staff is cheating the company out of quality work time and don't you think you hire way too many CSS's for the ratio of clients?!! I certainly think Nevada, MO does. There simply is NOT enough people who even live in Nevada, MO to even THINK about hiring any more than 4 maybe 5 CSS's let alone 20 of them plus PSS's!!

11. "Nope."

Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Camdenton, MO
    Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Camdenton, MO

I worked at Pathways Comm Behav Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, scheduling freedom, building good rapport with clients.

Cons

Pay, typical social services burn out