Patina Restaurant Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2017

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nick Valenti

Pros
  • The perks are nice for eating free food, (in 4 reviews)

• Great locations, good benefits, good people, solid growth if you're willing to put in the time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, little recognition, can work your tail off and always have more to do (in 6 reviews)

• Management tries, but is obvious they have not been properly trained or have support from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great food"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and great people.

Cons

Working at the Corporate office means you repeatedly perform the same functions. There's very little opportunity to learn or do something new.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to cross train job functions in order to maintain a fresh perspective on processes and procedures.

2. "EVENT MANAGER, WAITER/BARTENDER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generally the staff was a delight to work with.

Cons

The Music Center, although beautiful is not designed for optimum efficiency when executing events. Very little, if any, loyalty to staff, regardless of the number of years in employment.

"AM Lead Pantry"

Former Employee - Server in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Loved the 4:00-4:30AM usual M-F holidays and weekends off. Christmas bonus of $200.00from CapHroup and super nice people at the Cap Group American Funds. Coffee! I miss my day to day cup of joe. Can't stand not having any lunch in my life or employment. Thankful for St.James Church and St. Andrews feed me 5 day lunches. St.Jons Gardena 3 day a week dinner time meals.

Cons

Being on the verge of poverty with unpaid rents feeling boxed out of employment being formerly with such a "Powerful" entity is debilitating. Unemployment insurance was a bee sting like never before in my lifetime. After leaving this company I feel like a body on a stretcher from one line to another around town for groceries and meals.

Advice to Management

Never tell somebody to invest $10,000.00 in a car when they absolutely cannot accommodate an alternate hour with public transportation. Never swear on the employees life and livelihood that PRG needs you and isn't going to be letting you go anywhere else. Then terminate the one investment that is now not getting yield dividend or payment from that cash outflow of business rxpense. Let them come in at 6:30 AM or transfer in good standing to another division please.

"Just Too Corporate for the Culinary World..."

Former Employee - Chef in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Chef in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're able to move around within the company very easily and there are many other opportunities within the company.

Cons

A LOT of politics. If you're seriously passionate about being a goo-quality chef. This is not the place for you. Good for basic/entry level experience, but not much good quality growth is practiced here with management or below.

Advice to Management

Respect the employees more.

6. "GM"

Former Employee - Multi-unit Manager in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Multi-unit Manager in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group (Less than a year)

Pros

semi-corporate environment, great pay. Dining card able to be used at all other locations

Cons

very long hours, holiday hours they get even longer

7. "Naples45"

Former Employee - Bartender in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Bartender in Astoria, NY

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group (More than a year)

Pros

Regular business hours m-f and not too late. Busy bar scene especially for happy hour and for lunch. high earning potential for bar staff. Provides benefits for hourly employees.

Cons

Management is stretched thin and relies heavily on core service staff. issues with facilities are not quickly addressed, if at all. Long hours on hard concrete floors. no barback so the bar staff stocks for itself.

Advice to Management

be more timely on facility issues.

8. "Great opportunity at a second chance"

Former Employee - I Was A Supervisor At One of the Stands At the Hollywood Bowl in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Patina Restaurant Group at the Hollywood Bowl gave me a chance to make a fresh start. I had worked in the entertainment industry and didn't have much of a track record at non-industry work. They gave me a chance and I took it. I was promoted and it turned out to be an excellent experience.

Cons

There isn't that much room to move up in the company.

"Macy's Cellar Bar and Grill"

Former Employee - Server in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server in New York, NY

Pros

day schedule, set schedule, free food, benefit package for full-time employees, many restaurant in popular locations in the East Coast: Macy's, Empire State Building, MetLife Building, Rochefeller Center, and others.

Cons

High turnover of low-level managers, cronyism, policy against suggesting gratuities--this was an issue because most of the customers were foreigners--, lack of formal company culture, and others.

Advice to Management

Middle management seem detached from daily operations of the restaurant, lack of initiative, boring menu, passive management, bureocratic, inefficient and ineffective use of resources, the restaurant was run on autopilot, mediocere performance management. In the service industry your the employees are your first customer; if you do not treat them well, they will not serve well.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can have a fixed schedule if ypu need to further your education.

Cons

There is no promotion from within the organization, upper level mangement jobs are offered to managers outside of the organizational structure.

Advice to Management

There is a need to motovate your present team of managers through rewards, acknowledgement and promotions.

"Good Restaurant, Mean Executive Chef"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Patina Restaurant Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best thing about working here or anywhere in Downtown Disney is getting a cast member card to get into the park as much as you'd like for FREE!!!! only downside is that you cant get others in unless you are a manager or work INSIDE the park but other than that it still is amazing to get that kind of deal.

Cons

HEAVY traffic flow, specially during the holiday seasons

Advice to Management

the higher executives and general manager could be a bit nicer to the staff and not yell at them or throw thing at them