Paul Davis Restoration Estimator Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Davis Restoration Estimator Reviews

Updated Nov 7, 2019

4.8
Paul Davis Restoration President and CEO Rich Wilson (no image)
Rich Wilson
  1. "Estimator"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and team environment. The people you work with all have great personalities and want to help out whether its another employee or the customers. Its a work hard play hard environment, and never a dull moment. You never look at the punch out clock. Lots of laughing going on in the office.

Cons

I'll go back to the work hard play hard "pros". You do need to enjoy working hard. Lots of weeks you will work more than 40 hours, however, there is a lot of flexibility in your schedule during the week so long as goals are being met, no one is over your shoulder.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring "A" players! You're getting there, there have been a lot of great things happening over the past year to handle the growth. Keep having fun and keep the atmosphere a positive one. THANK YOU!!!

Paul Davis Restoration2019-01-02
  2. "Good company, hard work"

Former Employee - Estimator

I worked at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Upward mobility, incentive compensation, job security

Cons

Erratic schedule and high pressure sometimes.

Paul Davis Restoration2019-11-07
  3. "Industry Leader in the Area"

Current Employee - Senior Estimator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with this company has been a great learning experience. I have been in the industry since 1999 and Paul Davis Restoration is always on the cutting edge of the industry. Our team is always there to help when issues arise. Management is always looking to help us give the best in class results.

Cons

Only cons I can think of is being over booked with work. But is that really a con? It means we are looked upon as a industry leader so the Insurance Companies are looking for us to help their clients. Due to the word of mouth reputation we have, work is always above complicity.

Advice to Management

Only advice I can give management is, stay the coarse. The path you are going down is the right one.

Paul Davis Restoration2018-12-06
  4. "Happy to work for a company I'm proud of!"

Current Employee - Estimator in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay. Professional atmosphere. My co-workers care for one another and are always willing to help. Benefits. Company outings. Owner really cares for his employees.

Cons

It can be a big work load but always keeps things interesting and is no issue if you use the tools given to you.

Paul Davis Restoration2018-12-06
  5. "Estimator"

Project Manager/Estimator in Corona, CA

I worked at Paul Davis Restoration

Pros

There are no pros, never was.

Cons

Ego, ego, ego. Take advice from others, it's not a 1 person job.

Advice to Management

Listen more, talk less

Paul Davis Restoration2018-05-24
  6. "Tough industry"

Estimator/Project Manager in Midland, MI

I worked at Paul Davis Restoration for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule Flexibility Company truck Great established operation procedures from corporate

Cons

Small pool of sub contractors willing to work within company margins

Advice to Management

Invest in finding better sub contractors. This may require dropping an already low margin in your market.

Paul Davis Restoration2015-11-10
  7. "Great company to grow with"

Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Sterling, VA

I worked at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good benefits with company match 401K. -Much responsibility but you almost run your own company (Project Management and Estimating) -Owners are family and they work very well together, they also care about their employees -Top 10 franchise out of over 250 franchises

Cons

-Training could improve some but it may have improved over the last couple of years

Advice to Management

Focus more on training

Paul Davis Restoration2014-10-08

"Complete waste of 5 months of my career."

Former Employee - Estimator/Project Manager in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for less than a year

Pros

Through the desolation that is "Paul Davis Ashburn" aka "Hat Over the Wall Enterprises" I was able to make some good friends. Similar to the bonds people make in combat zones I suppose.

Cons

The owners of this particular franchise are shady characters (putting it mildly). The family owns it and everyone who works for them are considered children; they literally speak to the staff like they are children. The subcontractors that work for them are treated with less respect than Michael Vick's fighting dogs. There are many other problems. My advice. If you stumble into their office and recall this review., run, don't walk as they are lying to you during the interview.

Advice to Management

Sell the business before you have mass exodus of employees.

Paul Davis Restoration2014-08-20
  9. "Challenging but gratifying"

Current Employee - Estimator/Project Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Paul Davis Restoration full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging but rewarding job environment. Opportunity to help in others when they are in need.

Cons

Doesn't lend well to time off. Peoples disasters don't wait for you to deal with your dad's funeral or a family vacation. It is possible to get away, but it takes a LOT of coordination and effort to get away. Job can be very stressful. It takes a certain kind of person to thrive in that environment.

Advice to Management

Could use better IT support. They are trying, but are not there yet.

Paul Davis Restoration2013-01-25