Paul Mueller Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Moore

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time

Pros

Friendly and knowledgeable coworkers. Good team environment. Communication between departments is pretty well carried out.

Cons

Short staffed in some departments. Some positions may not be filled by as highly skilled employees as they maybe could be.

Advice to Management

Make sure machines and operators are working effectively and efficiently, to ensure that deadlines are better met. Keep up the good work with open communication.

2. "Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, Anyone can make a suggestion to improve the products or processes and they will be taken seriously, Open Book Management, People who request to learn are usually granted access to seminars or teaching sessions. There is a desire to grow into a healthy organization.

Cons

Management inefficiencies, Communication needs to be more of a priority. Different departments need to see them selves as ONE company.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are trained to do their jobs.

3. "Not a bad place to work"

Pros

Lots of freedom, nice people.

Cons

Way too many meetings, facilities are getting pretty shabby.

Advice to Management

Less meetings

5. "PMC is Changing for the Better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Paul Mueller (Less than a year)

Pros

Paul Mueller Company has an extremely friendly and welcoming staff. Though I was only there for 11 weeks, departments within the company went out of their way to give me a worthwhile learning experience. The management I dealt with was very encouraging and receptive of new ideas and was always looking for a way to better the company and more importantly, the customer.

Cons

They are currently going through changes to better unify the departments and plants within the company. Though a slow process, it will be worth it when the benefits are shown down the road.

Advice to Management

I encourage you to keep working toward bringing the company together as one. Your work toward making a quality, unified brand is already starting to become evident in Springfield.

6. "Marketing Intern"

I worked at Paul Mueller full-time

Pros

I was one of 10 summer interns for the Paul Mueller Company. The marketing department handed us a lot of responsibility, giving each of us an actual job instead of just busy work. It was a great experience and I got to learn a lot about the company as well as apply what I've learned in school. It can be so hard to gain experience through companies that micromanage, but this is not the case at PMC. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to be a part of a dedicated group of workers and gain experience!

Cons

Not many cons. There is a little bit of an age gap in the company, but everyone seems to communicate well.

Advice to Management

Continue giving your employees freedom to learn on their own and succeed

7. "Quality Company with Quality People"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO

Pros

Paul Mueller Company has been a treat to work for. I have always felt extremely supported by the management and have seen firsthand that this company really appreciates their employees and shows it. The executive staff always have their doors open and are very friendly. There are some really great people who work here and you can tell they have pride for their company as well.

Cons

As they have been going through some changes and large growth, there have been a few communication problems just on an employee to employee basis, but nothing major.

Advice to Management

Really just keep up the great work. It has been an overwhelmingly positive experience working here and Springfield is lucky to have this company as a part of their history.

8. "Paul Mueller is a Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO

Pros

I was a Marketing Intern working on Inbound Marketing Campaigns through the summer internship program. There were a lot of opportunities to learn about inbound marketing, social media marketing and other forms of digital marketing. The leadership in the marketing department was very intentional about putting effort into our personal career development. There were lectures on how to organize your day, presentations on corporate level strategies, opportunities to get marketing certified, tours of the manufacturing facilities and trips to places like Boulevard Brewing Company to get hands on experience with our customers. This was not a grab at cheap labor like some internships, but rather an experience to grow as a marketer and a person. We frequently heard the staff say “You are our number one priority this summer” and “We are here for you.” The staff even volunteered to stay in contact with us past this summer to update us on how our campaigns are going and help us get Hubspot certified! The skills and certifications I gained here helped me land a full time job. I recommend this program for anyone looking to engage in a challenging but rewarding career experience.

Cons

This was the first time the summer marketing internship was implemented so there were a few minor kinks to work out logistically. The biggest challenge was the time frame. We had to learn a completely new marketing style and a write authoritatively on different topics and only had 11 weeks to put it together. It was doable but a challenge.

Advice to Management

This experience was 99.99% positive. One suggestion would be to make this a semester long internship and reduce the number of hours (16 weeks in fall or spring instead of 11 during the summer). There were times when our product line people were on sales calls or vacation but having it spread out over more weeks would allow us to better work around their schedules rather than hit a wall when they are gone. You might consider having fewer interns at one time but spreading them out over the year - so maybe 3 full time interns in the summer, 4 in the fall and the rest in the spring.

9. "no review"

Current Employee - Installer in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Installer in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job, have done this type of work

Cons

Hard work, not anything i cant manage

Advice to Management

N/a

10. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Craftsman Welder/CNC Roll Operator in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Craftsman Welder/CNC Roll Operator in Springfield, MO

I worked at Paul Mueller (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work next to are nice and helpful as a team should be as well as most tools provided for you and good benefits and competitive pay

Cons

Management is lousy and treat employees with no respect or regard they are at times demining and hard to work with

11. "Places i worked"

Pros

good pay, nice people,plenty of work

Cons

benefits could be better then they are