Paul Mueller Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company works hard to promote from within and rewards hard work with pay increases

Cons

Never knowing fully if lay offs will happen. In the past they have laid off frequently but it hasn't happened in the last 5 years.

Advice to Management

OBM is not always helpful because employees see not such good numbers and get scared of lay offs.

2. "On the Move!"

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time

Pros

Paul Mueller Company has great people within its walls. The Management team actually cares and it's evident in the changes and improvements that have been made here in the last 5 years. I feel like this company is on the path of great success. The dysfunction from past leadership has been healed, now it's time to grow.

Cons

It's a big company, because of that, sometimes change is slow to happen

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to move people to other positions if they are not effective in a certain role. Sometimes there appears to be a fear of change. Setting the company up for success means having the right people where they are most effective.

3. "Great Company"

Pros

Fantastic pay, great management, and truly great people within the company.

Cons

There aren't many. But the health insurance wasn't great, in my honest opinion.

Advice to Management

My division did great. No advice to give.

4. "Great co-workers, but odd culture and training integration from old/new management style shift recently."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Paul Mueller full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent learning environment for those who are younger. The communication is slowly shifting towards more collaboration between departments, instead of operating as individual entities. A lot of the staff I considered family (still do!). Benefits such as medical, dental and an on-site doctor, so no co-pays and easy appointment setting. 401K plans offered. Not the absolute best, but better than most places in the area. Some new technologically advanced equipment has been installed in some areas to improve efficiency and profitability of manufacturing processes. GGOB has offered some transparency to financials, but some of it is still kept secretive or unexplained.

Cons

Not much accountability (myself included at times). Emails can go unanswered for days, even between inner-department communications. Training and autonomy is based on your direct manager, or department head. It's hard to be part of team without consistent full-team building, transparency, empowerment and procedural training. That even applies to upper management training. There is a divide between shop and office still, but I like to hope it's getting better. There have been many retirements and career changes from long-lasting employees over the last year, which has hurt moral in areas. Some have even left to pursue the same career for locally competing companies or to downgrade pay-scale. The building is in dire need of repairs in key areas. A few areas of the shop are completely abandoned because they are not safe to occupy. Nepotism is still vastly seen throughout the company, whether it is justified or not.

Advice to Management

Try to keep up benefits, flexibility, procedures, training, etc... of newer employees hired, similar to those from before the management flip a few years ago. Some feel left in the dark and not included, especially those from before the focus on training and holding a stake in the company. Some career paths don't feel like they have a real sense of growth.

5. "Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, Anyone can make a suggestion to improve the products or processes and they will be taken seriously, Open Book Management, People who request to learn are usually granted access to seminars or teaching sessions. There is a desire to grow into a healthy organization.

Cons

Management inefficiencies, Communication needs to be more of a priority. Different departments need to see them selves as ONE company.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are trained to do their jobs.

6. "Not a bad place to work"

Pros

Lots of freedom, nice people.

Cons

Way too many meetings, facilities are getting pretty shabby.

Advice to Management

Less meetings

7. "Good Company"

I have been working at Paul Mueller full-time

Pros

Friendly and knowledgeable coworkers. Good team environment. Communication between departments is pretty well carried out.

Cons

Short staffed in some departments. Some positions may not be filled by as highly skilled employees as they maybe could be.

Advice to Management

Make sure machines and operators are working effectively and efficiently, to ensure that deadlines are better met. Keep up the good work with open communication.

8. "PMC is Changing for the Better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Paul Mueller (Less than a year)

Pros

Paul Mueller Company has an extremely friendly and welcoming staff. Though I was only there for 11 weeks, departments within the company went out of their way to give me a worthwhile learning experience. The management I dealt with was very encouraging and receptive of new ideas and was always looking for a way to better the company and more importantly, the customer.

Cons

They are currently going through changes to better unify the departments and plants within the company. Though a slow process, it will be worth it when the benefits are shown down the road.

Advice to Management

I encourage you to keep working toward bringing the company together as one. Your work toward making a quality, unified brand is already starting to become evident in Springfield.

9. "Marketing Intern"

I worked at Paul Mueller full-time

Pros

I was one of 10 summer interns for the Paul Mueller Company. The marketing department handed us a lot of responsibility, giving each of us an actual job instead of just busy work. It was a great experience and I got to learn a lot about the company as well as apply what I've learned in school. It can be so hard to gain experience through companies that micromanage, but this is not the case at PMC. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to be a part of a dedicated group of workers and gain experience!

Cons

Not many cons. There is a little bit of an age gap in the company, but everyone seems to communicate well.

Advice to Management

Continue giving your employees freedom to learn on their own and succeed

10. "Quality Company with Quality People"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Springfield, MO

Pros

Paul Mueller Company has been a treat to work for. I have always felt extremely supported by the management and have seen firsthand that this company really appreciates their employees and shows it. The executive staff always have their doors open and are very friendly. There are some really great people who work here and you can tell they have pride for their company as well.

Cons

As they have been going through some changes and large growth, there have been a few communication problems just on an employee to employee basis, but nothing major.

Advice to Management

Really just keep up the great work. It has been an overwhelmingly positive experience working here and Springfield is lucky to have this company as a part of their history.