Paulo Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2020

4.4
Paulo President Benjamin F. Rassieur, III (no image)
Benjamin F. Rassieur, III
  1. "An Amazing Place to Work"

Former Employee - Estimator

I worked at Paulo full-time

Pros

Management genuinely cares about the employees. Family atmosphere. Solid benefits.

Cons

The pay could have been better, but all in all, it's a great place!

June 22, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

We are glad you enjoyed our warm family atmosphere. As we all work together through this pandemic, we hope you'll consider working with us again in the future.

2. "N/A"

Former Employee - Porter

I worked at Paulo full-time

Pros

Benefits were good for employees

Cons

They let you go after you about to get hired I

June 22, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits Paulo offers. As we all work together through this pandemic, please consider working with us again in the future.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Metallurgical Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hit the ground running! You'll start off working on projects right away. A lot of trust, but guidance when you need it. Lots of knowledgeable people here. Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.

Cons

None that I can think of.

February 17, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying our open and trusting environment. We hope you will continue to experience that as you grow with Paulo!

4. "Best In The Business!"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here at Paulo has been extremely welcoming and has taken the time to train me on how to continue the Paulo excellence in the market.

Cons

None to report. All is great!

January 20, 2020Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your great review! We are very glad to hear that the team is ensuring you have a warm and welcoming onboarding experience!

5. "Great Culture, Strategic & Engaging Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative and supportive team. Management is willing to entertain new ideas and ways of working. The culture includes a strong focus on customer service.

Cons

Cons are negligible. Our growth journey will inherently cause some pain points and areas for improvement.

May 31, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your kind review. We are excited to hear that you enjoy our collaborative and supporting team environment. You are correct to share that we do find occasional, small growing pains but there are many outlets available to work through these. Thank you again!

6. "Fantastic place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people. They put people first and it shows. The opportunity to learn and grow is not only available, but encouraged. It is clear where and how your contributions add value and that is a great feeling.

Cons

Benefits should kick in on day one of employment . The environment needs a face lift as it is a little dated. Flexibility is good, but could always be improved.

June 13, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you recognize how much we value our wonderful team members! We also appreciate your feedback regarding benefits and environment and will continue to work on improvements in those areas.

7. "Big move, big career change"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

My move to Paulo was a large one, about 9 hours. It was also a career change from project engineering to quality. The benefits were comparable to my previous position at a well known and successful company. The work environment is supporting and helpful; people are usually willing to help and teach you when able. If they aren't able, they are usually able to point you in the right direction. Management is flexible, and very understanding of work life balance.

Cons

The smallest of cons, and really borderline negligible, is that there was no relocation assistance. I am sure that I could have negotiated for it in exchange for a slightly lower salary, but honestly the only reason why it was a thought is because my move was about 9 hours. And, as mentioned, the rest of my offer package was great.

May 28, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thankful that you are enjoying our friendly work environment and work/life balance. We do negotiate supplemental items like relocation assistance when offering positions to qualified candidates. We will keep your feedback in mind in future similar situations as well.

8. "The place to be!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paulo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaboration, flexibility, opportunity, dedication to safety and to our customers.

Cons

None I have experienced yet!

May 3, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your positive review! We are proud of our long stable history and excited to have you on our team!!

9. "Opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Paulo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paulo gives each and every employee the opportunity for growth. Does not matter if you hold entry level or veteran status. Paulo will give you the coaching and training needed to help meet your dreams and goals.

Cons

Each day has its up's and down's. My experience with Paulo for my 11yrs of service has been more positive than negative. I can tell you that when I get up for work everyday I am NOT hating my job, I look forward to coming to work. The industry we are in is fascinating, everyday I feel like I learn something new.

March 15, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to know you are enjoying our continual drive for positive employee interaction and engagement!

10. "Engaging atmosphere and a fantastic place to grow and influence the market."

I have been working at Paulo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vast company experience and technical capability, great controls, equipment, heat treatment data, flourishing and healthy family run business, high integrity and customer service minded, opportunities to learn and grow technically and professionally, competent and great employee team.

Cons

Generally great work environment, just some communication struggles from time to time typical to all companies.

January 14, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are very happy to know you enjoy your experience with Paulo. We continue to refine our modes of communication to get this right for our team members, as well. Please don't hesitate to share feedback where possible.

Found 46 reviews