PayJunction Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

PayJunction Reviews

Updated Oct 20, 2019

4.8
PayJunction CEO Randy Modos
Randy Modos
  1. "Best place ever"

Former Employee - Office Cleaner in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people The vibe and atmosphere Friday lunch Great support from management Growth within the company Family oriented company

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

You all are doing an amazing job!

PayJunction2019-10-21
  2. "They’ve got your back"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great. Coworkers are so friendly and ready to support anyone who needs helps. It’s really special to work somewhere where you feel completely supported.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Again, it’s really special to come to work each knowing everyone there is ready to support each other.

PayJunction2019-10-18
  3. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody is kind, hardworking, knowledgeable, and fun to be be around.

Cons

There aren't many cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

Take us to Hawaii!!

PayJunction2019-10-17
  4. "Best company I’ve ever worked for"

Current Employee - Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Executive team and management are great and have repeatedly demonstrated how much they care about employees inside and outside of the work environment

Cons

No downsides to working here

PayJunction2019-10-17
  5. "Smart people, interesting work, fun culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart people: You will work with some of the smartest software engineers on this side of the Mississippi. With such a big emphasis on writing maintainable, big-free code, it shows that the engineering department deeply cares about what they are building here. - Interesting work: You will write code that affects thousands of people. Being able to work on a product with such a large impact feels empowering. - Fun... culture: Everyday feels like working with my best friends. There is a fun rapport here, and it can make a stressful day much easier on the soul.

Cons

We have a “boring” tech stack. This could also be a pro depending on your experience. We develop using safe technologies that are known to work at scale and have lots of documentation. No fancy graphql here, sorry bud.

Advice to Management

Continue with the great work. We appreciate how much you care about us!

PayJunction2019-10-11
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really flexible schedule with a great environment to grow and learn

Cons

None that come to mind

PayJunction2019-09-28

October 1, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you enjoy the work environment and flexibility of our sales recruiter role!

7. "Fun, smart, dynamic"

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really collaborative environment. In the process of growing from small to medium sized, and implementing thoughtful changes and key hires. Founders are very involved in all aspects of organization and provide hands on support.

Cons

Kind of struggling to think of one. Times of growth introduces changes, and change is challenging. But that's true everywhere and I think we have pretty good tools to deal with change.

Advice to Management

Good job, founders. Thanks for always being up for responding to my texts, slacks, emails, and my uber tickets in JIRA.

PayJunction2019-09-20

September 25, 2019Human Resources Associate

Our founders work hard to implement stable, scalable, and positive changes as the company grows from small to medium. We're glad to hear that you've found our executives supportive and accessible during growth periods. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback!

8. "Very proud to be part of such an Amazing company"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent work / life balance - Very ethical company - Customers love our product - Internal process very well setup - Pets friendly

Cons

- Insurance for family members is paid by employees - Sometimes they look for outside talents, instead of giving opportunities to current staff.

Advice to Management

Will should work on his empathy skills.

PayJunction2019-09-18

September 25, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for listing both the perks you enjoy and the areas that you feel could be improved. This feedback helps us in making decisions that maximize employee satisfaction and success.

9. "Great company, smart people, engaging work, collaborative culture"

Current Employee - Director in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

PayJunction is awesome! The work is interesting, the people are genuine, and the culture is supportive and accountable. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to work for PayJunction. This is definitely the best job I've ever had, and I've worked for some great people and great companies. There is tons of support from the top to “do the right thing” in every area: ethics, technology, culture. The owners... are natural leaders who are open to new ideas and are eager to do what it takes to ensure PayJunction is Best in Class. They are not interested in short cuts for the short-term. As they often say: PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profits. They mean it! The work-life balance at PayJunction is amazing. At PayJunction, there is a high expectation for everyone to give 100%+ during the work day, and there is definitely accountability throughout the organization for each person to positively contribute to success of the company. But when the workday ends, they expect you to go home, be with your friends and family, and enjoy your evening and weekends. The benefits are great (401k match, yoga on-site, dog-friendly, kombucha, catered Friday lunch, ++). But, even better than all of that is the people that work at PayJunction. There is a true family atmosphere where people genuinely care about each other. As a technology company, it is refreshing to see many women throughout the organization and in leadership roles. Additionally, there is a wide range of ages and experience, which adds value to both the organization and its employees. PayJunction offers a great opportunity for people just starting a career. There is a concerted effort within the organization to mentor and develop new employees through clear career paths. When new positions open, they will often promote internal candidates who are eager to learn and contribute.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

PayJunction2019-09-14

September 17, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review. We're thrilled to hear that you've found a home here at PayJunction; our culture of ethics, values, and support would not be possible without employees like you.

10. "Big Family with a Strong Feedback Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction part-time for more than a year

Pros

PayJunction is a family! This company not only ensures positive relationships among all employees and has one of the best cultures I've ever seen, but consistently makes efforts to bring us together through department activities and fun excursions outside of work. I feel confident communicating with my bosses and I trust they will always help me with what I need. There is also a very strong feedback culture; top... management is always looking for suggestions from employees while showing appreciation for our input.

Cons

Parking; I have received 4 tickets in the past year from forgetting to move my car while at work (because you can only park for an hour and a half at a time on the street). HQ1 has a parking lot but it's not big enough for all the cars. HQ2's closest lot is a 10 minute walk away and they do give us a stipend for the amount to cover the pass at this lot. However, I have been injured and have to pay for parking in... the structure.

PayJunction2019-09-13

September 13, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Our management team greatly values your feedback, and we're glad to hear you've found a family with us here at PJ. Parking can be limited in downtown Santa Barbara; we thank you for highlighting the specific issues you've faced, and will continue to look into options that increase ease and accessibility of parking at our offices.

Found 143 reviews