Cover image for PayScale

3.6
63% Recommend to a Friend
80% Approve of CEO
3.6
PayScale CEO Alex Hart (no image)
Alex Hart

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "The people here are great and things are getting better despite a rocky past.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is great(in 28 reviews)
  • "Culture is great(in 22 reviews)
  • "There are many great benefits listed publicly but there are many that aren't very tangible.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers (for the most part) and that's it.(in 13 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PayScale and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Current Employee
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here. Have a good work life balance with a company that I believe in.

Cons

Can't think of any right now

2. This job market is so unique right now and I'm struggling (in a good way) because I have accepted a job offer at Payscale earlier this month, but have since received job offers from AWS and Cisco. I declined AWS because I already accepted this other role and I didn't feel like the culture was a match, however I am a little tempted by the Cisco offer. Has anyone been in this position before, and how bad would it be to potentially decline a job offer weeks after accepting? Would love some advice!

4 comments

High School Programmer 1

I have friends who have renege offers to join another company. Some companies may blacklist you.

View 4 more replies
        Former Employee, more than 3 years
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at PayScale, the people and managers were wonderful. The company vision was positive. Loved what we stood for. My purpose of this review is to make it even better because I truly care for the future of PayScale and the people who work there. My overall experience at PayScale was extremely positive and I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

Now that I’ve worked at another company for a little bit I have some advice to make it even better. CSM is a hard position. Customers can be highly demanding and unreasonable at times. It is CSM management’s job to ensure their employees feel supported and validated. Stand up for your CSMs when a customer is being unreasonable instead of the toxic mentality of “the client is always right” It makes all the difference in terms of employee retention. Sometimes a client truly does need to be told no, and have a boundary set, or they will continue to steamroll over people and display unacceptable behavior.

2. Join the PayScale team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      3. What salary should I expect for a Product Manager I role at Payscale (~2.5 yrs of experience)? No range has been given yet, this is for Greater Chicago area

2 comments

Product Manager 1

Median I think is somewhere around $120-125k

View 1 more reply
        Where is this from?
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 292 Reviews
      </>Embed

PayScale Reviews FAQs

PayScale has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 298 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at PayScale to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PayScale employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PayScale. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

63% of PayScale employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PayScale 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PayScale to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with PayScale Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.8K

Brand Marketing Strategist

Have you ever done interview & just felt the team or company wasn’t sitting well with your gut? How does that factor into your decision if an offer is made? Obv a job interview time is limited so you never know but sometimes I just have a vibe it’s not a match and even though I may keep going in rounds, I’m always checking if I finally get the gut feeling this may be right. I had one where round 1-4 the mood was off. I felt I was being nitpicked harshly always, they rejected me in the end

Technical Analyst

Hi I maybe interviewing with a company named Centese can anyone give me feed back n detail of work environment please

Quality Assurance Associate

For those who are/were in management- At how many years of experience did you get your first job as a manager? How did you make the jump into leadership? For people whose first management role started at a new company, how did you convince them since you had no prior experience in management??

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 298 PayScale reviews submitted anonymously by PayScale employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if PayScale is right for you.