Payara Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Payara Services Reviews

Updated 7 Nov 2019

4.9
Payara Services CEO Steve Millidge (no image)
Steve Millidge
  1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Payara Services for more than a year

Pros

Management really knows what they are doing, and somehow making a balance of management and actual useful work. Have no idea how that balance is achieved but keep it up!

Cons

Not sure I can name any

Payara Services2018-02-27
  2. "Fantastic Team and an Enjoyable Working Environment"

Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're treated like a part of a team from the start, making sure you know how to do everything before you're allowed to work at your own speed. Great team that communicates well that is also good at friendly chats. No need to feel like you're walking on eggshells. Everything is organised, the company policies, documents, work tasks, or guidance pages are set up so that they can be accessed easily and easy to track. Weekly fruit and cake! Asking for help isn't frowned upon - the opposite it's well accepted. If you feel like you want to grow within a specific field the company lets you undergo a training of your choice for you to learn from - I have taken 2 training courses already and am now implementing my new skills into my everyday tasks. You're not being told what to do. You get to work independently working up to your deadlines. You're not left alone either - you still get to work with the team on a regular basis.

Cons

If you don't come from a tech-y field it might be difficult to understand what the company does at first.

Payara Services2019-11-07
  3. "Freelancer Friendly"

Current Freelancer - Software Developer in Přehýsov

I have been working at Payara Services for less than a year

Pros

Stable and perspective company using and creating modern technologies Friendly team of experts Everyone is interested in doing the best You have friends all around the world You can work on future standards Collaborative management

Cons

Hard to know everything around the project

Payara Services2019-09-25
  4. "Growing company with a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been massively refreshing to join an organisation who, despite its size, clearly sees the value in establishing and maintaining a really positive culture. Everyone at Payara is genuinely positive and helpful, and it took no time at all to feel like I was one of the team. The company has big plans for growth and there is a real passion for success. Management works hard to empower the entire team and ensure that there is transparency across everything they do. There is a hugely collaborative approach in meeting every challenge and I have been blown away by the sheer level of communication from everyone. Really a great place to work!

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of anything negative to say!

Payara Services2019-04-01
  5. "Fast growing open-source Software company"

Current Employee - Senior Partner Manager in Great Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has experienced tremendous growth as its platform gets adopted by more and more companies worldwide. Great place to be under those circumstances.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this point in time.

Payara Services2019-01-21
  6. "Best place to work at!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing forward looking company with many opportunities for personal growth. Friendly, professional team.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Payara Services2018-12-07
  7. "Friendly team, broad managment structure"

Current Employee - Apprentice Software Engineer

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly, offers great support and really invests (and cares) in your developtment in becoming an excellent software engineer.

Cons

The café across the road opens at weird hours.

Payara Services2018-11-26
  8. "Great team"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mechelen

I have been working at Payara Services for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Payara Services since they are such a great team. There is a wonderful collaboration of everyone so that you can do perform your tasks at best. Everyone is helping you as much as they can, there is an open communication and they are all very nice people.

Cons

Since most of the people work remotely, you miss a bit the "colleagues feeling"

Payara Services2018-11-12
  9. "Exciting impact and strong support"

Current Employee - (Administrative)

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Payara for several months now and am over the "honeymoon stage", but I can still say I've never had a better work environment: it's relaxed but also exciting, with rapid growth and the opportunity to make innovative impact in the field with a cutting-edge team. To its workers, Payara is flexible, will push professional development, and there's an ideal balance of having substantial influence and both a strong support system and solid brand. (This probably sounds like a prepared marketing spiel, but it isn't: this is my sincere impression of the company.)

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

Payara Services2018-06-12
  10. "Vibrant growing company"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Malvern, England

I worked at Payara Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Payara is still relatively small, so it's easy to have a big impact. There is an annual get-together where most of the worldwide team can meet face-to-face. The company is highly distributed which can be a challenge if you're not used to it, but the team are very used to it now which makes things much easier.

Cons

I can't think of any major cons - I was always very happy at Payara. There are occasions where you may need to step out of your comfort zone into something you're unfamiliar with, but I always enjoyed the challenge of that. Being a small company there isn't a lot of "red tape" like there can be with big companies so if you do have any problems it's pretty straightforward to raise the problem and get it dealt with.

Payara Services2018-05-17

Payara Services Response

May 17, 2018Marketing and Sales Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review!

Found 13 reviews