KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Payara Services Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2021

Found 23 of over 23 reviews

4.6
Payara Services Founder Steve Millidge (no image)
Steve Millidge

Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Oct 20, 2020 - Senior Test Engineer in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and management, product & company truly I believe in

Cons

Balance skews in terms of "intangible" benefits at the cost of pay & benefits, which still brings in good value, at least in the "covid" times

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Feb 27, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management really knows what they are doing, and somehow making a balance of management and actual useful work. Have no idea how that balance is achieved but keep it up!

Cons

Not sure I can name any

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

5 star Company

Dec 20, 2021 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

A place where you feel safe and open to talk, give ideas and share thoughts. Everyone is ready to help and make your day better. Even though we are all over the world working remotely i feel like we are all working together. It's a very healthy environment.

Cons

No cons to mention at all

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for this feedback: It's rewarding to hear that you feel Payara's a safe, helpful and positive space!

4. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good Company to work with

Dec 20, 2021 - Technical Services Engineer in Indore
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get the opportunity to learn, grow and work with Geniuses of diverse cultures and countries. Work-life balance.

Cons

Cannot think of any as of now.

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

So glad you feel that Payara is a great workplace for your growth and work-life balance -- and that you appreciate the diversity of Payarans' cultures!

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fake Company with Fake Values

Dec 17, 2021 - Software Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be lots of good points, before the Company grew

Cons

The HR Team are now The Peoples Team. What a joke. There is no connection with anyone below Senior Management

2 people found this review helpful

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

Hello, Thank you for your feedback, although we're sorry you feel this way. We have multiple channels for communication between Senior Leadership and all other Payara staff -- in both directions -- that Payara team-members (AKA "Payarans") can make use of and we hope you feel free using in the future. Only some of these communication channels are listed below: • Multiple internal surveys and channels for anonymous or signed feedback that are always open for all Payarans' to make submissions (these would be a great place for this sort of feedback!) • An always-open and actively encouraged channel with your Team Leader who shares key information between you and leadership as required • Monthly one-to-one meetings between every Payaran and his/her/their Team Leader • Company-wide, day-long communication events at least every quarter that include a CEO Keynote and presentations from all Senior Leaders • A monthly periodical, written by all teams, that includes direct messages from the CEO and senior leadership • A clear and direct line of communication between each Payaran and his/her/their Senior Leader • Weekly manager meet-ups with the expressed purpose of imparting company-wide news and to which all Payarans are invited to submit information to be shared with others, including leadership •Etc: Talk to your Team Leader or to the People Team to learn more about these and other ways you can connect with Senior Leaders and other Payarans It's worth spotlighting that each entry to our anonymous surveys and always-open feedback channel is carefully read and shared with relevant Senior Leaders. We consistently encourage all Payarans to partcipate actively in these many channels to communicate with Senior Leadership and to give their attention, actively, to top-down communications as well. Please feel free to contact your Team Leader or the People Team to see how we can help you feel better connected, and please do feel free to submit to our anonymous and signed feedback channels. All the Best, M

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Place to work and grow your Talent

Nov 10, 2021 - Head of People
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Team culture - such supportive and caring colleagues flexible working bens global remote working - distributed global team excellence of knowledge and skills in every team Culture that extends beyond the work environment - virtual fun activities and meet ups with colleagues after work most days

Cons

none that i can think of

7. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work!!!

Nov 5, 2021 - Senior Java Software Developer in Ciudad de Mexico
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere with the team an a lot of opportunities to grow. The values from the company are always present and the values are the most representative of the company and also the software products

Cons

not identified for now. I like all from this company

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

Great to hear that you enjoy Payara's culture, that you feel you can grow with us, and that you feel Payara's values are a genuine reflection of the business and its products!

8. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Opportunity to grow and team, which helps with it

Sep 20, 2021 - Senior Java Developer in Prague
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team with open and helpful people, cooperative atmosphere, open source - you can discuss your work with friends, big opportunity to grow. This company has a vision witch I completely support.

Cons

Huge product, you need help from others, therefore not for solo-players.

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for this positive feedback! So glad you feel you can grow in Payara's cooperative culture with helpful colleagues. We're glad that you're helping to make Payara's vision a reality!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture, fantastic opportunity to grow!

May 27, 2021 - Marketing Assistant in Malvern, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, so many opportunities to develop and learn new skills, and a lot of fun! You can suggest any training and really shape the journey of where you want to go, making the role your own. Connecting with others on the team is really prioritised and there are a lot of laughs, and a great work/life balance. Via regular engagement activities we are always kept in the loop about where the company is going and this helps us feel part of something bigger and really energised to keep performing as best as we can.

Cons

Sad that we haven't been able to spend time in the office because of Covid-19 !

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Setting wrong expectations - Trying to increase probation period - Bad experience in the Sales department

Jun 23, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

- remote possible - salary is okay - product seems to be fine

Cons

- wrong promises during the hiring process (after I was hired a promotion was only possible after 12-24 months instead of 6-9 as promised before) - no trust in employees (told me I fake the calls I track) - avoiding to pay commission - toxic sales management - no training or coaching possibilities - no classic startup benefits - gossiping behind employees back - no performance evaluation (yes in Sales!) - trying to increase probation period - do not appreciate constructive feedback ...... much more

6 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews

Payara Services Reviews FAQs

Payara Services has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 23 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Payara Services to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Payara Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Payara Services. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

88% of Payara Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Payara Services 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Payara Services to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, benefits.