Payara Services Reviews

Updated Oct 20, 2020

4.9
Payara Services Founder Steve Millidge (no image)
Steve Millidge
  1. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Contractor - Senior Test Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Payara Services for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team and management, product & company truly I believe in

Cons

Balance skews in terms of "intangible" benefits at the cost of pay & benefits, which still brings in good value, at least in the "covid" times

Continue reading
  2. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Payara Services for more than a year

Pros

Management really knows what they are doing, and somehow making a balance of management and actual useful work. Have no idea how that balance is achieved but keep it up!

Cons

Not sure I can name any

Continue reading

3. "A great place for junior professionals to come and work"

Current Employee - User Engagement & Feedback in Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun company culture, growing company, lots of young people work here, nice working environment on Malvern Hills Science Park, great training/mentoring offered, opportunities to get involved in community/charity activities and trips abroad Working here would be a great introduction to the world of IT and coding for any recent University or College leavers

Cons

Malvern itself doesn't offer a huge amount in terms of social life for young people. Nearby Worcester is much better for this, many people commute from Worcester to work here at Payara.

4. "Fantastic Team and an Enjoyable Working Environment"

Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're treated like a part of a team from the start, making sure you know how to do everything before you're allowed to work at your own speed. Great team that communicates well that is also good at friendly chats. No need to feel like you're walking on eggshells. Everything is organised, the company policies, documents, work tasks, or guidance pages are set up so that they can be accessed easily and easy to track. Weekly fruit and cake! Asking for help isn't frowned upon - the opposite it's well accepted. If you feel like you want to grow within a specific field the company lets you undergo a training of your choice for you to learn from - I have taken 2 training courses already and am now implementing my new skills into my everyday tasks. You're not being told what to do. You get to work independently working up to your deadlines. You're not left alone either - you still get to work with the team on a regular basis.

Cons

If you don't come from a tech-y field it might be difficult to understand what the company does at first.

5. "Freelancer Friendly"

Current Freelancer - Software Developer in Přehýsov

I have been working at Payara Services for less than a year

Pros

Stable and perspective company using and creating modern technologies Friendly team of experts Everyone is interested in doing the best You have friends all around the world You can work on future standards Collaborative management

Cons

Hard to know everything around the project

6. "Growing company with a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been massively refreshing to join an organisation who, despite its size, clearly sees the value in establishing and maintaining a really positive culture. Everyone at Payara is genuinely positive and helpful, and it took no time at all to feel like I was one of the team. The company has big plans for growth and there is a real passion for success. Management works hard to empower the entire team and ensure that there is transparency across everything they do. There is a hugely collaborative approach in meeting every challenge and I have been blown away by the sheer level of communication from everyone. Really a great place to work!

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of anything negative to say!

7. "Fast growing open-source Software company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Partner Manager in Great Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has experienced tremendous growth as its platform gets adopted by more and more companies worldwide. Great place to be under those circumstances.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this point in time.

8. "Best place to work at!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing forward looking company with many opportunities for personal growth. Friendly, professional team.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

9. "Friendly team, broad managment structure"

Current Employee - Apprentice Software Engineer

I have been working at Payara Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly, offers great support and really invests (and cares) in your developtment in becoming an excellent software engineer.

Cons

The café across the road opens at weird hours.

10. "Great team"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mechelen

I have been working at Payara Services for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working for Payara Services since they are such a great team. There is a wonderful collaboration of everyone so that you can do perform your tasks at best. Everyone is helping you as much as they can, there is an open communication and they are all very nice people.

Cons

Since most of the people work remotely, you miss a bit the "colleagues feeling"

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews