Cover image for Payara Services

Payara Services Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2022

Found 16 of over 27 reviews

4.0
Payara Services Founder Steve Millidge (no image)
Steve Millidge

77 Comments

Tech

579.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Payara Services~1990058
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Payara Services? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Payara Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great team that communicates well that is also good at friendly chats.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 4.0

Great place to stat

Dec 5, 2022 - Junior Service Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great onboarding experience Probably one of the best companies to start your career with: great team with great knowledge and very approachable The work/life balance is good Fully-remote workplace, I was never asked once to travel to the office The actual day-to-day work is fun, it is not the same and it challenges you, but you always have a helping hand if needed

Cons

No major downsides so far (3 months)

Continue reading

Payara Services Response

Thank you so much for your comments. We are really pleased to hear such positive feedback, especially regarding your onboarding, team members and work/life balance! Glad to also hear your day to day is fun and challenging. Thank you for the advice on promoting Payara at more events, now that most restrictions have lifted across the globe we are planning on being at so many more!

2. 5.0

5 star Company

Dec 20, 2021 - Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

A place where you feel safe and open to talk, give ideas and share thoughts. Everyone is ready to help and make your day better. Even though we are all over the world working remotely i feel like we are all working together. It's a very healthy environment.

Cons

No cons to mention at all

Internal Operations & Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for this feedback: It's rewarding to hear that you feel Payara's a safe, helpful and positive space!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic Place to work and grow your Talent

Nov 10, 2021 - Head of People
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Team culture - such supportive and caring colleagues flexible working bens global remote working - distributed global team excellence of knowledge and skills in every team Culture that extends beyond the work environment - virtual fun activities and meet ups with colleagues after work most days

Cons

none that i can think of

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be so much better

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great colleagues at Payara, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable. They are a great team to work with.

Cons

Not a place for a long term commitment, uncompetitive pay, somewhat disconnected management, too many rules for the simplest of things.

6 people found this review helpful

Internal Communications & Engagement Lead

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you've found the Payara Team great to work with -- we certainly agree! However, we are sorry to see that Cons list -- • As for long-term commitment, we are proud of Payara's low turnover rate, with many Payarans choosing to stay with the company since Payara was founded in 2016 (advancement opportunities, company culture, personal/professional growth are only 3 of many reasons typically cited in our consistent anonymous and signed feedback channels, to validate Payara as a long-term employer of choice). • As for competitive pay, Payara uses a researched, standard benchmark system, which investigates local and global salary standards for each role to ensure staff salaries are both locally and globally competitive. We also review each team-member's rate proactively at least once each year. • I'm sorry that you feel management is disconnected: we hope that each Payaran makes use of our multiple channels for both top-down and bottom-up communication with management, including weekly cross-team meetings, weekly memos, consistent anonymous surveys (with comments/results fed directly to management), an always-live suggestion channel (which are also communicated directly to management), monthly 1:1s, bi-annual appraisals, etc. Management and Leadership also communicate via weekly memos, monthly Newsletters, quarterly events, an annual retreat, and of course via ad hoc communications on our multiple channels. • As for the Con regarding rules, based on feedback management has proactively minimised rules where possible, but unfortunately, for operations the business must maintain some procedures and policies. We do, however, invite Payarans to talk to their Team Leaders and/or the People Team if they identify any rules that they feel are superfluous: we are always happy either to better communicate their purpose or to review them. Thanks again for your feedback. We are more than happy to chat about any concerns offline: I, the People Team, and your Team Leader are ready to talk at any time. Kind regards, M

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture, fantastic opportunity to grow!

May 27, 2021 - Marketing Assistant in Malvern, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, so many opportunities to develop and learn new skills, and a lot of fun! You can suggest any training and really shape the journey of where you want to go, making the role your own. Connecting with others on the team is really prioritised and there are a lot of laughs, and a great work/life balance. Via regular engagement activities we are always kept in the loop about where the company is going and this helps us feel part of something bigger and really energised to keep performing as best as we can.

Cons

Sad that we haven't been able to spend time in the office because of Covid-19 !

Internal Communications & Engagement Lead

Thanks very much for this positive feedback. We're glad that you feel you have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally with Payara: that's so important to us. Payara also prioritises culture and communications, so it's great to see your positive feedback of those elements too! We agree that when you have a great team like Payara's, missing out on office life together, thanks to public health restrictions, is disappointing, but it's also great to interact with all Payarans around the globe during our fun virtual events. See you there!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fake Company with Fake Values

Dec 17, 2021 - Software Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be lots of good points, before the Company grew

Cons

The HR Team are now The Peoples Team. What a joke. There is no connection with anyone below Senior Management

Continue reading