Paychex Insurance Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Sally Prather
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great management team, open to feedback, work life balance is valued, flexibility" (in 8 reviews)

• "Easy work, really great benefits" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No motivation to work due to low pay" (in 13 reviews)

• "for someone to do a great job for the clients who are promised a lot from referring outside sales reps" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Excellent growth opportunities, continued focus on Innovation, Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Retention Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Retention Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full benefits package, solid training programs!

Cons

Technology enhancements for our customers.

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paychex Insurance Agency has been named to Business Insurance magazine's list of the Best Places to Work in Insurance for a fourth straight year!! The agency moved up one spot from its 2017 ranking, slotting 12th on the list of medium-sized employers, which includes companies with 200-999 employees supporting insurance sales and service. Paychex offers great training - and career growth!

Cons

Some times of the year are very busy -and overtime may be necessary.

3. "I highly recommend Paychex"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Flexibility, training, career development and management. Once you get your foot in the door your career is up to you. Management will support and encourage you to move forward in your career path. They also encourage work/life balance and managers have also been supportive with any family issues.

Cons

In previous positions that I've had there were stress levels with the work load.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive it goes a long way :)

4. "good benefits"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, team members, hours, location, staff

Cons

pay, micro manager, culture, overworked

5. ""Everything Specialist""

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

benefits, PTO, easy to move internally through different departments.

Cons

low pay, no raise after years spent at the company

Advice to Management

provide more than a " good job " or " EE of the month" the Top performing EE's because they literally are running the business and you'll loose them quickly to competitors....

6. "Agency Specialist"

I worked at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Great co worker. Caring environment. Lots of professional development opportunities.

Cons

Low pay. Little flexibility in schedule.

"Theres a Reason 20% of the Sales Staff Quit From 8/2018 - 10/2018"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of PTO

Cons

Pay is so low that even managers need a second job to make ends meet. Incredibly low pay. with no raises ever, regardless of performance. No motivation to work due to low pay. Incredibly low commission structure. No residuals. One time 11% commission paid for a sale, nothing more. Base pay stays at $31,999 and you are NEVER given a raise. This means employees actually lose 3% of their base salary every year due to inflation. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKING FOR PAYCHEX. GO TO THEIR COMPETITORS IF YOU WANT TO BE PAID!!!!

Advice to Management

Make the pay structure

"p and c sales rep"

Current Employee - P & C Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - P & C Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and good starting place.

Cons

Micromanaging to the extreme, no raises given to anyone in over 4 years.

Advice to Management

Get a clue

"A biased opinion from an unhappy employee"

Current Employee - COBRA and Health & Benefits Specialist I in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - COBRA and Health & Benefits Specialist I in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found it very east to get a job at this company. I had move to the Rochester area and within a week was able to start working. The best pro to working at Paychex is that once you are employed by the company, after your first year, it is fairly easy to transfer to a department more to your liking. Many people I worked with in the COBRA team have since moved on to different departments more suited to their ideal career paths. They love to promote/hire internally.

Cons

The primary focus of the company is their sales team. If you do not wish to do insurance sales, you will quickly realize the service teams are underpaid and spread thin. I am a part of the COBRA team which is already a hard topic to begin with as most of the customers I help have been recently terminated from their jobs. Since COBRA isn't a major money maker for the company we are often last on the list for updates to our systems. They are out of date and we still require people to mail in checks and even though we have the ability, we will not accept them over the phone unless there is a serious medical emergency. It often takes us a minimum of two weeks to get coverage activated.

Advice to Management

Sales are not the only way to maintain a profitable business. If you are not able to maintain existing clients, it doesn't matter how many policies you sell if they just leave within the year of them signing on. Giving more support and training to your customer service representatives will allow you to help maintain your client base.

10. "Good to start"

I worked at Paychex Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Benefits, good entry level experience

Cons

Pay is low, management is terrible and unaware of what they're doing, constant turnover, high school environment, no one does their job correctly, not much opportunity out of customer service.