Paychex Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Paychex US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Working for Paychex: it's all pros!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN

Pros

There are so many! Its a great company that takes great care of its employees! This year it increased our 401k match, lowered our quotas and increased our compensation! As a sales person, they have made it wonderful! Gave us new technology and better assesments of our performance. It helps that I have great managers, too, though.

Cons

We are the most expensive payroll provider, so that's tough at times, but other than that, it's really wonderful! Paperwork sucks, but that's at any job.

Advice to Management

As gas prices are rocketing, I'd hope our gas allowance and/or expenses would too.

"Solid company financially but lacking any true leadership or vision (especially in IT)"

Former Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY

Pros

Stability defines Paychex in Rochester. It's a solid place that never lays people off and most have to work at getting fired. There are always annual raises (albeit small) and benefits are VERY good to good.

Cons

Compensation for a position is a joke - and that fact is acknowledged. People are way underpaid for the "privileged" of working at a stable company. It is really a fundamental of the universal risk/reward model.
    In IT specifically - there is very little real understanding of the technology - and things are slow to change.

Advice to Management

Overhaul the IT division starting with the VP (DC) and all his completely incompetent, infighting Directors. They care far more about showing each other up than providing valuable results for the company. And the VP who runs the circus likes to watch it unfold.

"I'd think twice before considering Paychex."

Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Decent benefits and somewhat stable work environment.

Cons

Pay well below industry standard. Incompentent managers. Useless training. Outdated software. I had to hear stories from my immediate supervisor about how she crapped her pants and urinated in a cooler in her car in the company parking lot rather than come back inside.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself and your company. What you've accomplished is impressive but this company is not what it once was.

Showing 43 of 1,630 reviews