Paycom Client Relations Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 28 reviews)

"Hands down the best!"

Current Employee - Executive Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Working for Paycom is hands down, the best decision I have ever made in my career! There is no other place where you will find both the tools to become an Executive AND the culture that we have. I am so proud to work for such an innovative company!

Cons

I have no current complaints. My only Con is that I did not start sooner than I did!

May 20, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Work like a horse to get treated like a dog."

Former Employee - Client Relations Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Client Relations Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

$1 health insurance is great.

Cons

I have never worked for a company that was so deMeaning and manipulative to their employees. The expectation to work 70+ hours a week is not a joke here. If you don't put Paycom before your family, friends and health - you will get fired.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting top sales producers that are 25 years old to management. Most great sales people aren't great managers.

Jun 22, 2016 – Representative

We are disappointed to hear you feel this way about your role. Working 70-plus hours is not one of our expectations and simply doesn’t add up as that would be equate to a 14-plus hour work day. We do... More

"Why you should choose Paycom!"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training process,
    - Professional development,
    - Truly cares about well-being of their employees,
    - Waking up in the morning excited to go to work,
    - Uncapped commission,
    - Paycom has the BEST management team that will do whatever they can to ensure you are successful and happy with your job.
    - Company Stock Options
    - Incredible benefits
    - Being apart of a team that makes you feel like family
    - Having an unlimited amount of resources to help you be successful at your position
    - Organic growth, rewarded for your success not for your tenure
    - Respects and encourages a strong work life balance
    - The perfect amount of management, without being micromanaged. Because the company only promotes within your managers understand where you are because they too have been in your shoes.

Cons

- Commuting into Houston when you live on the other side of town
    - Traffic by the office

Advice to Management

More communication across departments

Feb 18, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

"By far, the BEST company I've ever worked for and the BEST job I've ever had. I LOVE PAYCOM!!!"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Hire Training as well as ongoing training was and is incredible! The training for my position was 5 weeks long, so it does require a bit of a sacrifice if you have a family, but the reward is so worth it. Once I got out of training, my manager was there to walk along side me for the firs couple of months as I got familiar with my clients and improved my system acumen. The department conducts training calls twice a week to go over new updates to the system and to allow for questions to be answered.

I've never experienced the type of team atmosphere as I have here at Paycom. Everyone wants you to succeed and congratulates you when you close a deal with a client. When you're having a rough week, you have a manager or coworker there to positively encourage you and help you be the best that you can be. I believe that's what makes Paycom's culture so amazing.

Our product is also, in my opinion, the best out there. I could be a little biased though ;). I ahve seen other systems and have heard directly from my cleint's mouths the drastic improvements that Paycom has brought to their HR and Payroll processes since leaving their previous provider. We are constantly updated our product to keep up with the demand of our clients for a solution that fits their every need and desire. Not to mention being the first Payroll company to release an LMS. That's incredible!!!

I could go on and on about how much I love what I do, but this would turn into a novel rather than a short review, so I'll end with this: if you're not working at Paycom, you're missing out :)

Cons

Now let's be honest here, not every company is perfect, but Paycom comes pretty darn close. The first time I heard about Paycom, I was actually prospecting companies for my old job. When I came across their glassdoor page, I read some reviews that were pretty alarming. Now I'm no fool when it comes to disgruntled employees leaving harsh posts, so I read on to the good reviews and made my decision to pursue employment. You have to understand that working for Paycom is not meant for everyone. You have to be driven, have a positive attitude and be willing to do your best everyday. If you're looking for a place to just relax and have deals handed to you, don't apply. If you want a challenging, yet rewarding place to work, apply to your heart's content. Is easy to blame a company or a boss for your own shortcomings. What's harder is to rise to the occasion and push on even when things get tough. I;ve learned more about myself professionally and personally in my time here at Paycom, than I ever have with any other company. It's made me a better employee, friend, husband and father all while allowing me to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

So much for cons :)

Advice to Management

Continue improving the product as you have in my time here. We are on the cutting edge of HR Technology and I love riding that wave with Paycom. I couldn't run a company any better, if it were my own. I am thoroughly pleased with everything I've experienced with Paycom!

Apr 7, 2015 – Representative

We greatly appreciate your review and candid feedback for potential applicants to read. Your positive attitude is a testament to your success here and we are thankful for all that you do. Keep up the... More

"Client Relations Representative Review"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

Pros

A lot of companies use the phrase "work hard, play hard" but there is no better company to put this into practice than Paycom. Yes, there are long hours and stressful days but your hard work is always rewarded by not only a great paycheck but the support and recognition from teammates, managers, and even upper level management. Paycom invests a lot of resources in their employees and they really give you every opportunity to succeed both professionally and personally.

Cons

Some long and stressful days but it pays off. If you are looking for a normal 9-5 "desk job" this is not for you.

Advice to Management

keep investing in your employees and don't change!

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the generous review! We appreciate our employees and it's their spirit that brings "work hard, play hard" to life!

"What I wish had known before working at Paycom - CRR"

Former Employee - Client Relations Representative
    Former Employee - Client Relations Representative

I worked at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

- Health insurance was great (at least until they went partially self insured).

Cons

I think the fact that the reviews vary from "horrible and unbearable" to "Amazing and fantastic!" speak for themselves. The overall review for this company is extremely skewed. If a negative review comes through the marketing department sends out a campaign to all employees to go write a good review. Also, if you look closely you can see that anytime there is a bad/negative review on here Paycom responds with this "you weren't  good enough for us" attitude and basically bashes the person writing an honest review. It's extremely immature and, in my opinion, a true representation of the company and its culture. You truly have to drink the kool-aid here no questions asked to even survive. As soon as you question something you become one of their "problem employees" with a "Bad attitude" and to be honest they start the process of internally exiling you in hopes that they can make you miserable enough to quit. Bottom line, Paycom does not care about their employees no matter how much they preach it. Paycom cares about Paycom and they truly don't care how many employees they have to step on, fire, or degrade to get there. This organization is a true churn and burn culture and their turnover rate is outrageous but they will spend a ton of time trying to convince you otherwise. You might be weary of a company that is constantly repeating the same lines over and over again - it's all brainwashing. If you look through the reviews on here the words "brainwashing" and "kool-aid" come up frequently. I highly recommend against joining the Paycom team. Please don't be fooled by what Paycom will post in response to this. They will just make it seem like I am a former disgruntled employee when in fact I was one of their most dedicated employees - until they burned me. I went home ever day feeling degraded, unappriciated, stressed, and miserable. I was just a number to them, and you will be too. The workload is ridiculous and I was easily working 80 hour weeks just to keep up. Even though I was salaried and working until 11pm some nights I was treated like an hourly employee. The worst part of this is that they make you feel like you wouldnt amount to anything if it wasn't for them and that you will go no where if you ever leave.

Advice to Management

You either want a second sales force to upsell current clients, or you want true account managers. You honestly can't have both if you are going to load each CRR with 200+ clients and expect them to sell 24/7 but also take care of all of the clients problems as well. Hire employees and let them work. Stop hiring professional people just to load them down with metrics that make it impossible to actually focus on what is important. And remember that people have families and an outside life other than Paycom.

Jul 15, 2016 – Representative

It is unfortunate that you have this view of Paycom. We pride ourselves on providing our employees with amazing opportunities where they can excel, professionally and personally. Evidence of this can... More

"Wow. Sold beachfront property in Utah."

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice coworkers. Thorough interview process.

Cons

Hours are supposedly 8-5 but everyone works roughly 60-80 a week exempt not by choice. Micromanagement is an understatement. Will pay $25 a month cell phone when you are in the field 85% of the week. Unrealistic expectations. Horrible management with no managerial training just a great promotion from selling. Everyone is overworked and too tired. ZERO work/life balance unless you consider working with your coworkers your personal life.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations for people, understand your reps territory and that not all rules will work in every setting. When hired tell them EXACTLY what is going on DAY 1. Have managers go thru manager training as the one I was with was gossiping with coworkers just the same. Zero respect or trust for a manager who does that. I quit after a month and nobody even acknowledged or asked any questions to understand what had happened.

Apr 6, 2016 – Representative

At Paycom, we look for individuals with a growth mindset, meaning they are constantly looking for growth opportunities, both personally and professionally. When times get hard, our employees with... More

"Overall Good Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

I have been working at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

Great People
    You make good money even as an average performer
    Small company feel
    Good Benefits ($1 Healthcare)

Cons

PTO is not good ( only 1 week your first year)

Advice to Management

Increase PTO. We work hard and need time to recharge. Especially if you want to attract the right kinds of talent.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!