KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Paycom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Aug 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

a great company to work for

Cons

none that I can think of

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for tenured reps

Sep 10, 2021 - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training If you're fresh out of college. You build relationships because it is a trial by fire environment.

Cons

-Turnover is horrible -just search paycom previous sales reps on linked in before taking the job. -Bulldozed territories (they claim they only have x% market share, and adp has y%, which is substantial. But paycoms product will not integrate. It offers api or sftp, but will not link up. So imo, market cap is waaaaay lower unless companies decide they don't care for options at all in the hris space) - not much flexibility m-f 8-5 in office. Deal with it or leave. - Micromanagement at regional level they will check NN meetings, changes in CRM that's really old, sales obviously, and meetings held (duration on zoom time driving to meetings, etc) Implementation teams are terrible. If you're so lucky to sell a 100k+ deal, buckle up. 30% chance it no starts, and you lose the work and get put on a PIP for lack of sales. - Commission looks great on paper, but average time to exec rep is 2 years. So prepare for that at 6%. By the time most people make it they are so disgruntled by everything above they turnover. Also, there are micro rules in place to make sure the company gets paid back if and when the AM team loses an account. That's right. Out of your pocket. This Happened to me personally. Lastly. Smoke and mirrors. Look at the ratings. 5* looks like a wonderful company right? Now filter for 1*. Probably around 300 of those on glassdoor. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle as you probably have a college education and are considering working here. My call to action for you as the job seeker is to reach out to any of the 700 former sales reps on linked in, and simply ask. Why did you leave. Trust me. You'll be better for it and make an informed decision. Not just based on what the recruiting team is telling you. Which by the way, is commission of you accepting the job.

11 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We take pride in providing world-class software and attribute much of our success to the efforts of our sales reps and managers. We invest in significant training, resources, coaching, rewards and a competitive compensation package, with the goal of helping each rep to succeed. We are a quickly growing company and industry disruptor, which means our sales reps have exciting earning potential in all territories. We hope you took the time to share your concerns with your leader or HR business partner before you left. If not, we encourage you to connect with our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I wish I had applied sooner!

Nov 25, 2020 - Account Executive – Client Relations Representative in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a career where you can grow professionally at an extremely successful company, look no further. This position is perfect for someone who wants to constantly learn, grow and be pushed to be better. Paycom truly does reward employees for their hard work, providing extremely competitive pay and benefits. Not to mention, the impact we get to make on the lives of our clients and their employees is incredible to see. The team culture has made starting a new position FROM HOME a great experience, and the support and mentorship is something that goes on far past training. The opportunity to change my financial future and to grow professionally is something I will be forever grateful to Paycom for, and like I said in the headline...I wish I had applied sooner!

Cons

This is not a "job", this is a career. Since Paycom is a leader in the industry and a true single solution for everything from hire to retire, there is a lot to learn! This role is 1000% worth it, but you have to be ready to work hard. Even though the learning curve is steep, you will exit training incredibly prepared to be successful and the ongoing training and mentorship at Paycom is like nothing I have ever seen.

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled you're enjoying the leadership and growth opportunities at Paycom. We are committed to continued innovations and improvements allowing us to best serve both our clients and our employees. Please keep providing your feedback and we appreciate you being a part of the team!

4. 5.0

Great job, great company

Dec 23, 2020 - Executive Client Relations Representative in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Much of the job is what you make of it. There are certainly definable KPI's to which you are accountable, e.g., quota (weekly, monthly, annual), meetings expectations, etc... but the execution and particularities of how and what gets you there have a large amount of individual autonomy. Our clients are across all types of industries and our solutions can touch every part of a business which can lend itself to a steep learning curve but makes the job really interesting. I have learned a lot through the job and do not imagine that will slow down any time soon. Top performers, and even those just hitting quota, can make a good amount of money which grows through time with career performance incentives and enhancements.

Cons

New hires should anticipate a steep learning curve, but recruiters and leadership are up front about that. The training and resources provided are great. Time and task management are critical to success in the role. If you have a hard time with either, the job will be harder than it needs to be.

3 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We're happy to hear you are enjoying the training program and growth opportunities at Paycom. We are a quickly growing company, but we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re appreciate you being a part of the team!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thankful to be part of the Paycom team

Mar 22, 2021 - Sales Representative in Pasadena, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

After 8 years in other sales positions, I felt fortunate to be exposed to good leadership, work culture and compensation packages. Then I was offered a position with Paycom and was blown away at the opportunity. The leadership, training, support, culture, and compensation package are amazing! Best of all, the software we offer is industry-changing!

Cons

No cons from my experience.

Paycom Representative

We're happy to hear you are enjoying the leadership, training and growth opportunities at Paycom. Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employees are only a number

Nov 12, 2020 - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company reputation especially if you want to be in the tech world Development opportunities (though you will have much more if you are located at one of the two headquarter locations) More freedom if you are in one of the satellite offices Teaches you how to be VERY adaptable because directives changed from one day to the next the entire time I worked for the company

Cons

Openly discriminatory when it comes to hiring for sales teams (sales managers will openly reference weight, age, race, etc. because they don't "fit the Paycom look") Negative, overly competitive, cut-throat which is detrimental if you like to work in a team environment = everyone is basically out for themselves Was told that we need to wear our hair down and put on makeup to be "acceptable" by Paycom standards Very old school for a tech company = you have to dress in suit and ties and people have been rejected as potential hires due to facial hair It became clear through quarantine that productivity was more important than the mental health/well being of the employees

17 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and goal is to create a supportive environment inclusive of all employees, regardless of their gender, race or sexual orientation. Paycom provides employees a designated HR business partner and multiple reporting channels to share concerns. If you have not already done so, we encourage you to provide additional details by contacting our HR team at Paycom_hr@paycomonline.com or by utilizing Paycom’s reporting hotline which can be found in the company’s Whistleblower Policy that is posted on our website. Paycom takes allegations of misconduct very seriously and appropriately investigates all reported violations. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Feb 16, 2021 - Executive Sales Representative in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with Great benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We like to hear you’re enjoying the many benefits Paycom has to offer and appreciate you sharing your experience! Thank you for the 5-star review.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible place to work!!

Nov 27, 2020 - Account Executive – Client Relations Representative in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership and mentorship programs Incredible work environment and team Great benefits package Solid work/life balance Ability for career growth and promotion

Cons

No cons for the company

Paycom Representative

We’re so happy to hear you’re enjoying the many great benefits and growth opportunities Paycom has to offer! Thank you for the 5-star review.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company- values the employees

Jul 15, 2020 - Vice President Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom treats the employees like a person vs. a number, Paycom is a growing company and with that comes so much room for personal growth, we have a lot of tenure in our leadership group, there is so much potential for income between base, commission, bonuses, car allowance, plus stock. I firmly believe we have the best product and that we will continue to disrupt our industry.

Cons

In the first year, it is a grind, you are having to learn an entirely new industry and there are a lot of nuances. That part is very hard, but year 2 and beyond you reap the reward of that labor.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you are happy with the commitment to continuous improvement across the organization. We appreciate you being a part of the Paycom team!

10. 5.0

Ahead of the Times Company

Nov 25, 2020 - Client Relations Representative in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong Leadership, Autonomy to grow, Manager Support, Ability to make great money, Endless training, Co-Workers

Cons

Fast paced sales and expected work load

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We're happy to hear you are enjoying the leadership and growth opportunities at Paycom! We are a quickly growing company, but we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re glad you’re a part of the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews