Paycom Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 26 reviews)

1. "Excellent environment! Great place to grow as a software developer"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Earning potential is endless
    Great work environment.
    They have a massive gym.
    Love the high moral that is always present

Cons

A lot of growing pains.
    Communication is getting harder with how fast we are growing.

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic ... More

3. "Paycom is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Paycom for more than 3 years. The HR activities, swag, free gym, leadership and continued education are all perks at Paycom. They really care about the happiness of their employees and it shows through the various activities throughout the year.

Cons

The time off and sick leave are lacking.The healthcare is only $1 a pay period, but I'd rather pay more and have better coverage.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and readjust leaders where needed.

Apr 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the management team.

5. "Best company ever!!"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many amazing reasons! Catered lunches, great teams, fun activities, company wide parties, and Jeans weeks every month. Plus a fully stocked gym!

Cons

I have been at this job for a month, I have no complaints whatsoever! There are so many great benefits!

Apr 19, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm! To clarify, typically "Jeans Week" happens once a quarter with a few extra opportunities thrown in throughout the year. Additionally, we do enjoy casual ... More

6. "This company takes care of employees."

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in El Reno, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in El Reno, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion, they have the best trainers and learning software. Employees seem very kind and helpful. They work hard. The buildings are very modern and updated. Top notch security. Free coffee drinks and hot chocolate. Fountain drinks are free during lunch and all day during special days. They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only $4. There's the hearty meal or you can choose the healthier option. They have a beautiful courtyard. Huge gym with workout equipment, yoga, basketball, volleyball, Zumba, and ping pong. They dress professionally but jeans are allowed on jean week and on Fridays. They are always doing things to make employees happy. It is a fun and positive work environment. They have several parties a year. They have been known to be one of the best places to work in Oklahoma.

Cons

None yet, but a child care facility might be a good idea for them. Everyone is very upbeat and organized.

Apr 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing more about what we offer employees!

"Mediocre company. Certainly not the best."

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They're always hiring. Truely think about why a company is always hiring. Growth? Yes, some of it is. Turnover? Yes, the majority. The CEO bragged at the year end party in 2016 about how more than half the company had been employed less than a year.
    They do have small perks such as a monthly gift worth $1-3 and luke warm catered lunches for $4, as well as decent benefits.
    The team atmosphere is truly unlike any other. You go through a lot of hardship and micromanagement together.
    The first year you will love, due to being blinded by the wool over your eyes.
    The pay is decent if you put in the work, but certainly not competitive.

Cons

There are blackout periods in some departments due to the company not having standards and processes in place to prevent this, but if you are in good with upper management you can get away with not working the required days.
    When you see the "best place to work" awards, just know that it isn't communicated to the whole company to go vote, only certain departments and those in a leadership role.
    The continuing education you hear of is only "Paycom Knowledge," there is a minimal amount you will take with you elsewhere.
    If this is your last resort for employment, I say go for it and trust no one fully. You will meet some great people and get a paycheck to help you along the way with your job search.

Advice to Management

There are a few manager titles in place that definitely shouldn't be, especially in the service department. The morale would definitely improve and especially the turnover.
    I know it is not always possible, but the C-Level team needs to be more involved and rely on real feedback from employees, not direct reports or a local newspaper saying how great they are.

Apr 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Yes, we’re hiring and we’re hiring aggressively as Paycom grew its revenue by over 46 percent from the previous year, which is significant and exciting for the company and its employees. Turnover and ... More

8. "HCM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is cheap. 4 dollar lunches are great.

Cons

The parking was bad when I was there. Bonus structures are lacking for HCM department.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more for input.

Mar 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re happy to share we recently opened our new parking garage. Thank you for the review and feedback!

9. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given Opportunity to grow. Also provided training that I still use today!

Cons

Mid-level managers tend to micro manage (not entirely their fault). Their goals set by leadership are ambitious

Advice to Management

They are actively pursuing solutions to this problem. However, they could allow more flexibility for talented/productive employees

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy we helped develop your career skills while at Paycom. We appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement and wish you the best.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good company to start your career as a software developer. Teams as efficiently managed by skilled managers and people really have great subject knowledge here.

Cons

Work hours are strict, would appreciate if they were flexible.

Advice to Management

None

Mar 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and the feedback!

"Not a chance I would ever reveal that information unless I wanted to look for another job immediately."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cheap insurance, nice gym. Some Directors. If you are C-suite bonuses are terrific! Wish I could truthfully write 20 words or more.

Cons

Horrible Team Leaders and supervisors but what can you expect from people who's only other employment was at minimum wage jobs or fresh out of college. Don't get me wrong I am all for boosting employment rates but do you really think anyone with any corporate, life or management experience would respect those choices. I will acknowledge there is probably some great potential at Paycom but currently there is so much discord, constant chaos and zero transparency. Seriously most days I am not sure who supervises me. The only constant is change, which can be good but in this case your change is a downward spiral. Paycom has gone from a decent place to work to a breeding ground for acceptable bad behavior. Great workers are looking, mediocre workers will stay because they think they have no other choice and the Managers will continue to strut around like they are something special and are untouchable. Well we've all witnessed this can only last for a while until you too become disposable. Can you say demotion, termination? You have turned what could have been truly one of the premier companies in the industry to a building full of mistrust, micromanaging minions. I am not a disgruntled employee but a truthful, honest, hardworking employee who still has some hope, ethics and integrity left.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Start to build a better, stronger and ethical company. Your reward will be loyalty, support and a company you and your employees can be proud of. Start by knocking the chip off some of the managers shoulders, it really doesn't promote respect. Rise to the challenge and do the right thing. HR please don't send a canned response because unfortunately your department and hotline are the last place anyone would turn to. I get that you want cheap labor and are concerned about the bottom line, not to mention the excess funds help line your pockets very nicely but that sometimes comes at an even higher price. Do you want Cadillacs or Kia's? Right now you've got some serious car trouble.

Apr 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Your candid feedback has been received and sent to members of our senior management team. You mentioned your reluctance to use the anonymous hotline and we wish we had the opportunity to learn why ... More