Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 41 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for growth (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a ton and develop professional and interpersonal skills that will be of value in all of your future ventures, work with a lot of very smart people, be challenged far beyond your comfort zone, make lifelong friends, and make great money!

Cons

Work-life balance isn't really a thing at Paycom - if you want to use your vacation time, you'll definitely be made to feel guilty about it and feel like you're somehow doing Paycom wrong by putting anything above the company for a few days. The company unfortunately has not evolved to the point to be able to manage different levels of employees in the appropriate fashion - you can sell for 10 years and exceed quota and you will still be micro-managed like a 3 month employee. No opportunity for advancing your career unless you're willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Your hiring process is incredibly diligent, ensuring you are getting the right caliber of employee, so trust the people in each role to deliver their piece of the overall goal/vision. Allow managers to manage without fear and to maintain a positive culture in their offices. The culture is diminishing, but can still be recovered.

Dec 11, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. It's important to us and we will share it with the management team.

2. "A Good Place to be"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The environment and everyone's willingness to work hard and push one another.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of so far

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

Nov 29, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

3. "Great place to work in this department (Quality Assurance)"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free monthly luncheons, $4 lunch catered (2 options each day, dairy free and vegetarian options also available), great relationship with management, respect between coworkers and those in leadership positions, excellent environment to grow and work in your own style (but standard hours), promotion opportunities abound (particularly at this time)

Cons

Secrecy in terms of salaries and bonuses, implied risk associated with sharing how much money you make, traffic leaving work adds at least 15 min to travel time, if not 30

Advice to Management

Promote black women. There are several black women within the company who have years of experience, lead projects, and demonstrate their value to the company, but have been passed over for promotion in favor of white men (who do not have the same, or appropriate experience or abilities or relationships to obtain management roles). It implies that promotions are not merit-based.

Dec 1, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. Paycom is an EEO employer and believes in developing its people and compensating all of its employees fairly and competitively. If you... More

4. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Not a stressful work environment
    Pay is good

Cons

Work can sometimes be boring

"Paycom Employment Review"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom, as a whole, values innovation and hard work. For anyone looking to find a solid place to work in the OKC Metro area, you won't find a place with more opportunity to grow in an ever-changing environment. The potential for longterm financial success is very feasible for those willing to go after it.

Cons

While some executive leaders are truly good as gold, it is apparent that other executive leaders are in the wrong position. This can be seen by how they use their subordinates to accomplish projects that make the leader appear to be creating value for the company. It lays a foundation for a lack of creativity and stifles well-equipped subordinates from advancement in the name of self-preservation. This also contributes to a culture that does not value input, but execution and frowns on honesty from the employee perspective since it could damage leaders' appearances. Additionally, the lengths that leadership goes to protect other leaders in the wrong position is detrimental to those in the departments they lead and ultimately the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to seek outside hires with advanced experience in upper management roles since promoting inexperienced leaders too fast leads to dissatisfied/overworked employees and poor employee retention/high employee turnover.

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. Constructive feedback is important to Paycom's continued growth, innovation and success and select departments are developing new feedback methods. We will... More

"CULTURE IS EVERYTHING!"

Pros

One of the absolute best reasons to work at Paycom is the $1 healthcare. Paycom is always giving backs to its employees whether that be fairs/carnivals to just simply saying thank you by catering breakfast from Chic-Fil-A. We work hard, but we also have fun.

Cons

Parking is he main challenge, especially with its location on Memorial if you leave at 5 pm. The other thing is they do not offer flex time so you are REQUIRED to use your sick/vacation time even if you stay late to make up for it. Also, the PTO accrual COULD be better, they just recently increased it, but I’ve always had more.

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. We will share it with management team.

"Great Company with Great Culture"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Benefits are great. Cost for individuals is low with a decent deductible.
    -Company culture is phenomenal.
    -Great perks like free lunches, company paid outings, and swag.
    -Amazing leadership team. Everyone in leadership is approachable and friendly.

Cons

-Work/life balance is challenging since almost every position requires overtime.
    -Communication between offices and departments is poor.
    -No paid maternity/paternity leave.
    - Nowhere to grow in the Dallas office.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or HR about growth opportunities at Paycom. We will share your feedback with the management team.

8. "Great place for first job"

Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, Good pay, good benefits, friendly culture, catered food, awesome break room, time off

Cons

Toxic atmosphere, bullying, gossip, depending on team.

Advice to Management

Address the gossiping because it was very harmful at times.

Oct 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We’re glad that you believe the company has a positive outlook and would recommend us as an employer. We do value the friendly culture you described and are sorry you felt... More

"Great Place to Start Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Paycom straight out of college, and I have been thankful to have been given SO many opportunities here. I have grown so much, and provided training in leadership, professional and personal development. I learn something new every day working here. I work with some of the greatest people as well, and they make it the best to come to work each day. Also - great perks working here, like the health insurance benefits!

Cons

Need to invest more in providing leveling systems to all roles in company, not just specialists.

Advice to Management

The leveling systems would truly be nice across all departments and roles, specifically in the administrative role. Annual reviews are not always the best way to judge a person's role, since it's just once a year. Leveling provides a path for employees in these roles, and a way to potentially move to bigger and better roles!

Oct 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We will share your feedback with the management team.

10. "Paycom Review"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and opportunity to grow professionally are great takeaways from Paycom.

Cons

While the culture is amazing, specific department's treatment and support of employees is lacking greatly. Communication between departments and management also needs a lot of improvement.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Get feedback on proposed process updates and changes from those who are going to be directly affected by those changes.

Oct 12, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. Paycom is always open to feedback and some departments have or are developing improved processes for employee feedback and suggestions. We will share your feedback with the... More