Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 26 reviews)

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic ... More

2. "HCM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is cheap. 4 dollar lunches are great.

Cons

The parking was bad when I was there. Bonus structures are lacking for HCM department.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more for input.

Mar 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re happy to share we recently opened our new parking garage. Thank you for the review and feedback!

3. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given Opportunity to grow. Also provided training that I still use today!

Cons

Mid-level managers tend to micro manage (not entirely their fault). Their goals set by leadership are ambitious

Advice to Management

They are actively pursuing solutions to this problem. However, they could allow more flexibility for talented/productive employees

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy we helped develop your career skills while at Paycom. We appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement and wish you the best.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good company to start your career as a software developer. Teams as efficiently managed by skilled managers and people really have great subject knowledge here.

Cons

Work hours are strict, would appreciate if they were flexible.

Advice to Management

None

Mar 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and the feedback!

"Great company, long work days"

Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great people, TONS of opportunity to grow

Cons

Very corporate environment, you can get fired at the drop of a hat with no reprimand first, high stress environment

Jan 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We would like to clarify that while the circumstances around an employee termination may vary, Paycom believes in working with employees who may be struggling. Employee ... More

"The Truth About Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

You won't find a workplace that does more to keep it's people happy: prizes, dress up days, gifts, parties, food...Paycom works very hard to be a fun place to work.

The opportunities for growth are endless, both in terms of moving up to new positions and for developing in your own role. There are very clear and reasonable promotions (including pay increases) within your position based on your performance.

The average person at Paycom is very smart, hardworking and most of all, genuinely cares about their fellow workers. I've seen countless examples of folks going above and beyond to have their coworkers backs, take opportunities to show kindness and generosity, and be encouraging when people are stressed.

The work itself is rarely dull. I am always learning new things and working on new problems.

The benefits are great: $1 healthcare, onsite gym, catered lunch in a nice cafeteria (though most employees work through lunch at their desks), stock options, lots of promotional swag

There is a lot of confidence that we are headed in the right direction, have strong leadership and are getting a lot of the top talent.

Diverse workforce including many women in leadership roles.

Paycom hires for culture fit most of all. There are many people here who don't come from a technology or banking background, and the robust training we receive is aware of that.

Cons

Explosive growth is exciting, but that does mean an enormous workload. And even though Paycom hires roughly 20 people a week, the workload is still unreasonable at times and many employees work large amounts of overtime and are stressed to an unhealthy degree.

Traffic getting off campus is quite the bottleneck. Just leaving the parking lot adds 15 minutes to your commute.

Starting pay is reasonable, but not in line with the usual Paycom values of beating out the competition and spoiling employees.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring, raise starting pay; access road to Council or 150th; Qdoba day every day.

Dec 27, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and ideas regarding improving the company.

"Good department"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Liked the people, fun environment

Cons

Expected to work long hours without additional compensation.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring more people just to get more bodies through the door and instead focus on improving the standards of the workplace and department. Too many people sit around bored.

Oct 27, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback as we're ALWAYS looking to improve our processes.

"Great first job."

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of younger people and is a great job right out of college. Some cool benefits like $1 healthcare, catered meals, nice gym. Raises are marked by clearly defined goals and you can make good money once you become a senior specialist. They seem to understand that there is more work to do for the job than you can get done in 40 hours so they don't get on to you when you work overtime. It is a good job and I really like all the people I work with.

Cons

Starting pay is pretty low and it takes about a year before you really know what you are doing. If you want to have a chance to stay on top of your projects then you will be working at least 5-10 hours of OT a week. This is good for people without families but I don't see how people with children do it.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay scale.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Friendly environment. $4 lunches. Growth. Opportunities. Paycom really takes good care of you!

Cons

It's my first full-time position since I just graduated college. I can't think of any but some overtime for the position that I have. There's busy periods, but that was notified to me several times before I accepted the position.

Advice to Management

Training for New Employees

Jun 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

"High Quality sort of work..."

Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training is extensive..and within the first year, expect to have more applied business knowledge than most MBA Grads

Cons

work life balance lacking, but it isn't for everyone.

May 9, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your time and service! We pride ourselves on our extensive sales training program and are glad you agree! Ensuring our employees strike a good work-life balance is important. Those who ... More