Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, great friends, etc (in 43 reviews)

• From the gym to catered lunches everyday, really get an experience that most workplaces can never replicate (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance can be difficult during busy seasons (in 70 reviews)

• Hard work and late hours, but beyond worth the money that comes with the (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "Quality Assurance Specialist"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal benefits, employee-focused management style, vertical/horizontal growth opportunities, team driven, employee-focused business model

Cons

Cubical environment (but there's a gym on campus that all employees can use)

3. "Love it so far"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay.
    Potential for growth

Cons

Continuously growing working environment where you have to keep up with the growth

Advice to Management

Wish there would be an option to work from home sometimes

"Transition Specialist"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, investment in employees, benefits, culture is amazing, growing successful company that is surrounded by like minded go getters.

Cons

It just takes time to get up and running, very difficult to speed up this process to feeling comfortable in the role. But hard work is rewarded!

May 22, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback!

"Software Developer"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good place to grow for the people who are about to begin their career
    * Excellent work environment
    * $1 health insurance
    * Friendly coworkers and superiors
    * $4 Meal
    * Events, games, National Payroll week etc
    * Excellent gym with boot camp and Yoga Trainers
    * Basket ball league, Ping pong league, Volley ball league, Corporate Rowing league etc

Cons

More work pressure causes problems in work life balance.

May 22, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Great place for new software developer"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Superiors are interested in helping you succeed. You will not be micromanaged but will be guided if you need it. The resulting sense of autonomy leads to more satisfaction when completing tasks.
    Paycom tries to foster a positive environment with department-wide team building nights, an annual Code-a-thon with prizes, and events like a fair with rides and games.
    Compensation is great for an entry level dev in the Oklahoma City market.
    Opportunities for promotion are all over the place since the company is growing at a high rate.

Cons

On occasion a project/timeline may be ill-conceived which leads to pressure on the devs in order to finish on time.
    As the company grows, it will likely have to become more of an impersonal machine than it has been.

May 18, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and experience with us! We love to see what you value at Paycom and will share your feedback with the leadership team.

"Great place to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Paycom! It offers great benefits and has a wonderful culture!

Cons

I don't see any Cons.

May 18, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review!

"Best place to start your career."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first job of my field in my career and i think it is the best place to work. All the coworker's are really helpful. If you are new to the Industry, your coworker helps you to understand the problem and get the work done in easiest way. The pay and benefits over here is really good as a entry level.

Cons

There is a lot of tasks needs to be done and there are deadlines like weekly and monthly. But you usually get a lot of time to finish your tasks. If you don't understand the problem, then try to get help your collegue.

Advice to Management

I think there should be monthly task because if there is going to be weekly task, there could be a chance of mistake because in hurry, you can make mistakes.

May 18, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the leadership team.

"Dream Job for Web Developers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is fantastic. Paycom makes you feel valued. If you have a passion for web development, you will never be bored with your work. Once you've settled in, even crunch time feels low stress. The community is so inviting and friendly.

Cons

Paycom improves massively every day, but it still has a few diminishing remnants of its old, clunkier past. If you like modernizing, maybe this is a pro!

May 18, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! There's nothing better than feeling valued and passionate in your job role and we are thrilled to see you feel this way. Keep up the great work!

"I greatly enjoy the challenging projects and learning opportunities that I'm provided at Paycom."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company and there is a wide variety of people to learn from.

Cons

The work schedule is not very flexible as far as being able to work remotely or having a more dynamic schedule.

Advice to Management

Look into ways to provide more shift options or staggered shifts to fix traffic congestion.

May 18, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We love to see employees rising to the challenge! Thank you for your feedback!