Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 56 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 31 reviews)

"Great company, co-workers, and income."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Uncapped commissions, promotions are based upon performance. Product updates released on a monthly basis, top notch management team.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. You must be willing to give 100%. It is not a job, but a career commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the increasing incentive plans, training, and product enhancements. Give us more stock and equity plans. Continue the radio advertisements.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

"Growth to be excited about!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Good working environment. Respect among peers. Good communication through senior management. Growing at a phenominal rate that will lead to tremendous opportunity for ambitious employees.

Cons

Heavy deadlines to meet customer needs. Growth has led to a lot of hiring. This has posed communication challenges to newer recruits.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction. Dynamic growth company. Continue to work hard to bring in team players to ensure we maintain a level of service to our client.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback.

"Incredible; I'm years ahead in experience and income from any of my college friends that are in sales. (5 1/2 yrs out)"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Been here 3 1/2 years. Its a very professional environment where people are committed and driven to succeed. Income in the second + year is very strong 6 figures. (higher than you are imagining) Training is way beyond just "how to sell".. goes deep into high level business and is weekly in office and travel to Quarterly. President's club, start contests, team / mgt support is all top notch. Clients love us and stay. No debt, cash rich, stable and stock shares. Year 2 and beyond is awesome..Gets much easier and much more income.

Cons

Not the place for salespeople without REAL goals... first of all, It is hard to get hired here. (perfect background checks, hard interviews etc) They are very clear about how hard the job is (especially first year).. b/c there is a HUGE amount to learn and while they are patient, they definitely don't tolerate negativity, or people who don't want to do the job; I had two senior reps my first year pull me aside and tell me to quit whining or get-out. (we're close friends now). There is some turnover of first year people, but much less than my previous job.. My manager IS young but very supportive and very experienced (4 successful years at the company)

Advice to Management

President's Club in Maui again PLEASE! Seriously, things are going great so keep it up. please continue the national radio spots on Satellite radio.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience!

"The best team atmosphere I've ever work in!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Chicago, IL

Pros

I had worked in corporate America for 4 year previous to joining Paycom. I was not unhappy at my previous job but just found myself in a dead end opportunity. I have been so pleased with my choice to join the Paycom family. The team here is so close and supportive. It is not an easy job but the training is very good. This is an organization I can see myself with for a long time.

Cons

The first year is challenging. Paycom hires the best reps so it is very competitive nation wide.
    You have to be on your game every week to be at the top.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you guys are doing. I love working at Paycom and the Chicago office is one of the best in the company!!!

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Paycom was the only place I have worked that had the potential for success."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Great leadership
    Employees are enthusiastic and motivated
    Interviewing process was incredible
    Multiple career opportunities

Cons

I did not enjoy the cold calling, but that is because I am not meant for a job within sales.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to work with such a successful and prominent leader within the payroll industry. I only hope you can find someone who is truly right for this position and has the enthusiasm and drive to excel with your company.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We wish you the best in your endeavors.

"Paycom has been an amazing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

I have been able to accomplish so much more here than I ever thought I could in all my years working. Paycom continues to grow my business knowledge and create new opportunities for me to get excited about! The management truly cares about my growth as an overall business person, not just about numbers I can produce.

Cons

At Paycom, you will work hard but rest assured you will be VERY well rewarded for your efforts! It is not an 8:00-5:00 job but no job worth doing ever is. And as always, sales is never an easy job.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Paycom is a fast growing company - it's where you want to be!"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is a great company to work for - we're growing fast and we're very cutting edge in everything we do. Paycom values teamwork, rewards hard work and has great career advancement opportunities. Our work culture is second to none - an on site cafe with delicious catered lunches which employees can purchase at a discounted rate, a full service gym to work off all those yummy lunches and a fantastic benefits package.

Cons

Paycom is fast paced - if that's not how you operate, look for an opportunity somewhere else.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"I LOVE MY JOB"

Current Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advancement Opportunity
    Competitive Salary
    $4 Lunches
    Free Gym
    Great Training
    $1 Health Care for Employees
    Management Support
    Great Culture
    Employee's Have A Voice

Cons

Health Care for Families Could Be Better

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. It's awesome to see how much we've grown in the short time that I have been here. I appreciate all of the time and effort put forth for the employees. It's a great thing knowing that I work for such an amazing company.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We love that you love your job!

"Paycom is a great company to work for!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is such a fun company to work for. They care about their employees. The atmosphere is overall very positive and everyone seems to enjoy their job.

Cons

The one con about Paycom is the interviewing process to get in. The application is lengthy and then you have to go through several different tests and interviews before the final decision is made.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Amazing Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative Database Management in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has a beautiful, new headquarters in OKC where I live and work. Getting a job with Paycom over a year ago has been the best thing for me. I have great co-workers, awesome benefits and an important job that makes me feel like I'm part of the team. These are some of the great things you can look forward to when working for Paycom; health benefits are THE BEST, vacation, sick leave, FMLA and company celebrations along with giveaways.

Cons

I have worked here for over a year now and I have no cons to working for this company. They have worked along with me to make sure this is a good fit for myself as well as for them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You have made this a wonderful place to work and I enjoy being a Paycom employee!

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience!