Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"I would recommend Paycom!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is one of the only companies I have worked for that really treats their employees well in all aspects. Compensation is amazing, affordable benefits and the training is awesome. The management in the Cleveland office is very good and they really want their employees to succeed and are willing to assist in anyway possible. Another thing that really attracted me was the future that a rep can have with the company....Stock options, increase in base pay and the commission structure is crazy good. The Cleveland office has a team culture and each rep in the office is willing to stop what their doing to assist new reps get acclimated to the job. The only reason I am not with the company is because I had the opportunity of starting my dream business with family otherwise I would still be at Paycom. I would highly recommend Paycom!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I really cannot think of anything, they have done a good job with everything. Keep it up!

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gym,Year end party,customer service week, a stable job, insurance. The leadership program is great. You have some negative people, complainers and people who are in the program that want to move up the ladder quick. Observe those employees whos not taking it seriously. Look at the person as a whole. See what kind of person they are and how they handle life.

Cons

Horrible vacation policy, over worked underpaid, turn over rate is high. Yes the company is growing, but I've seen quite of employees. Quit, get fired or demoted. Lack of diversity. Paycom only hires certain type of employees right out of college, No transferring to a new position in certain departments. A lot of leaders don't need to leaders. They need to be closely examined. No career paths for certain departments. Unequal work load with certain teams. You get the same pay with more work depending on what team you are on. The women and their short dresses and skirts are ridiculous, office drama. Low pay. Please work on the lunch menu. It was better when we had Savannah . Office drama and departments don't work too well with others.

Advice to Management

Be genuine

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (More than 5 years)

Pros

•Coworkers
    •The opportunity to have a job
    •The gym and classes
    •Cheap insurance
    •The $4 dollar lunches would be a pro. They bring the same disgusting lunches over and over.
    •The leadership program is AWESOME, but you guys have employees that are doing the leadership program and still have a very negative mindset, complainers, people who gossip and just unprofessional people who don't need to be leaders.
    •When a leader is promoted you should look at the person as a whole and not just certain qualities.
    •Depending on what department you work in, it could be a true win for you.

Cons

•There is absolutely no diversity here at Paycom. They prefer to hire a certain age group right out of college.
    •Alot of the leaders need more leadership training. Just because you give them the materials doesn't mean it will last. You need to see how all team leaders interact with their teams.
    •The turn over rate is extremely high. I've seen hundreds of employees quit and get fired. The company is growing but the turn over rate is extremely high!!!!
    •The work load is unequal. Certain teams have more revenue and more work while others have less. So the pay is the same for more work.
    •In some departments it's hard to transfer. Management doesn't like it.
    • A lot of high school drama
    •Very low pay for a lot of positions
    •Paycom does get new employees to write reviews when they haven't even been employeed long enough to know about what's going on or what has been going on with the company.
    •There are no career paths for some employees
    •All departments need better communication
    • Some teams and departments get to have more "fun" than others

Advice to Management

Really pay attention to all your leaders throughout Paycom and have a group of more diverse employees. Make opportunities and career paths fair for everyone. Just because a employee has a "lower position" than others. Doesn't mean they won't be a great leader or long term employee for Paycom.

"Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Catered lunch, cheap healthcare if all you care about is yourself

Cons

Pay is not competitive anymore for all the specialists have to do now. New processes are implemented without making sure they are working and they can't even fix the things already wrong. Forcing clients to participate in best practices and payroll grid which they don't want.

Advice to Management

Review pay dincevyou have completely changed the job of a specialist. Listen to the people actually doing the work

"Love/hate relationship with this place"

Current Employee - Garnishment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Garnishment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company puts a big emphasis on culture. The perks of working here are great, and the benefits are nearly impossible to beat.

Cons

As for my department in particular, we are very understaffed and overworked. The company is also very inconsistent with the way new processes are implemented, and if you're not one for change, run for the hills. Change is almost a daily occurrence.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and pay your Team Leads what they deserve. Don't put a temporary bandaid on problems, try to genuinely fix the issues.

Jun 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re glad to hear you appreciate the culture and benefits of working at Paycom. As you have indicated, change is common at Paycom – and it will likely continue as we are a high-growth company that ... More

6. "Great so far!"

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are honestly so great! Everyone is very friendly and helpfully. $4 lunches are huge and the security here is top notch.

Cons

Not much paid time off, especially for the first few years.

Jun 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Just a quick reminder that employees earn additional PTO with years of service in addition to floating holidays, holidays and sick time. If you have any questions, please ... More

"Things you NEED to know before you take this job"

Pros

Good base salary, they will hire you with little to no experience, potential to earn good commission-- if you make it through training without being fired.

Cons

-NO work life balance and constant micromanaging. Only 5 vacation days for the whole year!!
    -They provide you with no laptop or internet but expect you to demo their product with clients and stay organized. They will try to talk you into buying a $1500 iPad Pro however. One girl actually said to buy several...
    -Technology in the office is incredibly outdated- desktop computers running on windows 2000 and a printers that never work so you have to pay for printing. Very disappointing for a company that prides itself on innovative and modern tech.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with tools to be successful and don't micromanage, we are adults!!

"Love Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great food, great people, and good work.

Cons

High stress if you don't know how to handle it.

Advice to Management

More time saving processes.

May 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We also hope you'll share any ideas or suggestions to help us help our employees manage any job-related stress.

"Great Opportunities. Not worth the bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Lot's of financial investment in their employees.

Cons

In my experience, management was unrealistic and unfair. There were times I worked 60 hours a week, because my manager was bad at managing our projects.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs. You don't need to micromanage every little thing.

May 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Our investment in our employees goes beyond financial rewards. We are also committed to developing them professionally and have invested in a variety of training programs for both established and ... More

10. "Great Place to Work!!!"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Besides the obivious benefits such as $1 per paycheck employee healthcare, subsidized lunches, fair pay, and gym. Paycom invests in its employees. They do train there employees quite well and probably have one of the best training departments out there. They are constantly growing which means opportunities.

Cons

It's work. I read multiple reviews where people complain about the amount of hours. Yes there is long hours during specific times of the year and is not a government job. So be ready to work. However they reward you for the hard work ethic.
    It's growing. Growing causes "growing pains" with the company. Specifically with leadership and the client facing employees. Sometimes new leaders aren't ready for the role they have attained. I see this as a good problem.
    In house development. This is also a pro but sometimes items take a minute to be addressed.

Advice to Management

This is meant to be candid feedback but a lot of the problems and undue stress with some clients and therefore employees have to do with the sales process. Truly make sales rep soley responsible for setting up the client instead of passing the buck to the TSR. Make the CRR a trainer and sales person instead of just a sales person. New development is awesome but focus on current systems. This will help plug holes in the your bucket. You guys are awesome!!!

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback.