Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 42 reviews)

• 4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Many departments have frequent periods of poor work/life balance (in 66 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

"Great company"

Pros

Great compensation! Hard work and results focused but it is a great job.

Cons

Not very good on vacation time. You accrue it over time and there are times in the year that you are not allowed to take vacation.
    Also, not very good as far as car allowance and cell phone allowance.

Advice to Management

Increase comp to cover car expenses and cell phone

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback.

"Churn & Burn"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lewisville, TX

Pros

Fair Commissions, Excellent benefits, definite ability to move up into management, lots of incentives like President's club trips etc.,

Cons

Young, unknowledgable management, growing pains, ridiculous amount of cold calling and burned territories, lots and lots and lots of turnover despite what they tell you in the ridiculous 5 step interview process

Advice to Management

Quit promoting people so quickly! They might be great at sales, and horrid at leadership... it only leads to their getting fired and their team getting screwed.

4. "Neutral"

Pros

Decent pay for people with little experience

Cons

Need better interviewing process for future employees

Advice to Management

Neutral

"Not bad for 21 year olds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Nice office, people are mostly friendly. The benefit package for single people without children is very nice.

Cons

The pay is minimal for college graduates. One can make more money at any retail store without a degree.

Advice to Management

Spend less money on snacks, and more money on employees.

"Paycom Is A Company You Want To Come Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Growing Company
    Cares For Its Employees
    Advancement Opportunity For Some Posiions
    Decent Health Care Coverage For Single Persons ($1)
    Exceptional Training for Sales and Most Operations Staff

Cons

Health Care for Dependents is High
    Some Departments Work Long Hours (Recruitment) and Do Not Get Compensated

Advice to Management

Keep On Doing What You're Doing! All in all this company is a great place to work. There is a great leader in charge. A couple of senior managers aren't really management material. Look at how you are compensating your employees. If it is required that an employee must work more than 40 hours a week they should be compensated in some way for the extra work that they are doing. Don't ever take your employees for granted and know that they are excited about the opportunity ahead for them and the company.

"Great company, co-workers, and income."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

Uncapped commissions, promotions are based upon performance. Product updates released on a monthly basis, top notch management team.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. You must be willing to give 100%. It is not a job, but a career commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the increasing incentive plans, training, and product enhancements. Give us more stock and equity plans. Continue the radio advertisements.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

"Growth to be excited about!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Good working environment. Respect among peers. Good communication through senior management. Growing at a phenominal rate that will lead to tremendous opportunity for ambitious employees.

Cons

Heavy deadlines to meet customer needs. Growth has led to a lot of hiring. This has posed communication challenges to newer recruits.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction. Dynamic growth company. Continue to work hard to bring in team players to ensure we maintain a level of service to our client.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback.

"FIRED for background check"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Room for growth, nice co-workers, good commission potential, good product, training was done well, i just don't know about the senior management.

Cons

Got FIRED for failing a background check one week after hire. I had a minor possession of alcohol ticket in college and a marijuana pipe conviction when I was 15 as a juvenile. In CO this is a petty offense. Give me a break HR, these are slap on the wrist crimes. People change from when they are 15. This is not the FBI. Senior management does not care about employees and would not even listen to an explanation. Sorry paycom but you missed out on a good employee. BAD senior management and corporate structure that screw you over for NO reason. Also, interview process is horrible, CANVASSING session??? horrible.

Advice to Management

Care for your employees as individuals not numbers. Look at how people do canvassing session, not just to see they hit 3 appointments or not. Look past the numbers senior management.

"Incredible; I'm years ahead in experience and income from any of my college friends that are in sales. (5 1/2 yrs out)"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Been here 3 1/2 years. Its a very professional environment where people are committed and driven to succeed. Income in the second + year is very strong 6 figures. (higher than you are imagining) Training is way beyond just "how to sell".. goes deep into high level business and is weekly in office and travel to Quarterly. President's club, start contests, team / mgt support is all top notch. Clients love us and stay. No debt, cash rich, stable and stock shares. Year 2 and beyond is awesome..Gets much easier and much more income.

Cons

Not the place for salespeople without REAL goals... first of all, It is hard to get hired here. (perfect background checks, hard interviews etc) They are very clear about how hard the job is (especially first year).. b/c there is a HUGE amount to learn and while they are patient, they definitely don't tolerate negativity, or people who don't want to do the job; I had two senior reps my first year pull me aside and tell me to quit whining or get-out. (we're close friends now). There is some turnover of first year people, but much less than my previous job.. My manager IS young but very supportive and very experienced (4 successful years at the company)

Advice to Management

President's Club in Maui again PLEASE! Seriously, things are going great so keep it up. please continue the national radio spots on Satellite radio.

Nov 30, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience!