Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The work-life balance can be difficult during busy seasons" (in 73 reviews)

• "Quite the learning curve but rewarded very well for the hard work" (in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "Great culture."

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom does excellent at providing a great culture. The majority of people here look forward to coming to work everyday and are enjoyable to be around.

Cons

You have to be good at working on a computer considering you do everything from it.

Advice to Management

Managers are good at showing their faces to their teams, could use a smoother introduction to new employees.

Jun 13, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate your feedback and would encourage you to speak with your HR business partner and team lead and share your ideas on how we can improve the onboarding process!

3. "Great Work Environment, Feels Like Home"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, catered meals, gym, laundry service for gym clothes, locker rental, great parking, flexible work hours (depends on your department), great staff all around.

Cons

None so far. Great Company

Advice to Management

No one cares about walking paths. Sorry, had to be said.

Jun 13, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We will share your comments with the leadership team.

4. "First impressions"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent teammates and IT support. Coworkers who hard-working and driven to make the product better.

Cons

Large company politics and inaccurate performance measures can sometimes hinder success.

Jun 13, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome your ideas on how to improve if you will share them with your supervisor or HR business partner.

"Hard work, Low Respect"

Former Employee - Tax Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Tax Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The health insurance is amazing and, if you appreciate quarterly trinkets, the employee appreciation is... consistent.

Cons

Especially in tax, management is more concerned with policy as well as company and personal image than they are with employee and department growth. Employees who autonomously send emails regarding suicide prevention resources provided by their healthcare provider are admonished for not asking permission (actual event). If they take initiative to improve workflow processes, they would be written up for not asking permission (actual event). Paycom does not value or advocate for employees beyond a superficial level. Authority figures (perhaps with low self esteem) will sabotage or, at best, flatly ignore employee input and innovation in order to maintain a facade of power and control. The company may respond to this review saying that they DO value their employees and their input, but they do not. Management has admitted to me that the job of a Team Leader (the step between entry-level employees and management) is to sell management ideas, which are not ideal in practice, to employees rather than employees (the people actually executing the mission) providing feedback and management implementing new processes accordingly. When an employee does provide feedback, leadership will inform the employee of company policy (the very thing the submitter is trying to change), but not make any effort to actually address their concerns. Informal feedback is seen as "negativity in the workplace" and will literally result in a write up is it is consistent enough. When employees express concerns regarding processes/procedures directly to the originator of said process/procedure, it is viewed as insubordination, which will result in a write up.

Bottom line: If you are passionate about your personal job performance, pride yourself on your ability to innovate and take initiative, and have enough of a spine to speak out to leadership, DO NOT work at Paycom. If you are looking for a job in which you can grind for 40-50 hours per week with your hand down and your nose brown, Paycom is for you.

Advice to Management

Relax. Nobody is out to undermine you. Show some humility and be open to change and feedback. Tax Department management (supervisors and TLs), be real with your team members. Nobody likes a sycophant we all know that you do not fully support common practices. Stop advocating for each other (TLs advocating for supervisors), start advocating for your team members. When it comes to executing the mission, they know more than you. They run the show, not you. Listen to them.

Jun 15, 2018 – Paycom Representative

While we regret to see your negative experience, we understand that it will not always be the right fit for everyone who works at Paycom. We have opened numerous channels of communication for... More

"CRR"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Co-Workers, talented people work here.

Cons

Clients mostly unhappy with Paycom

Jun 12, 2018 – Paycom Representative

The talented people you point out in your post are the same amazing people who have helped us post a 91% client retention rate for the past six years in a row. We are proud of our client review... More

7. "Great company"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Love the company and the people

Cons

Long hours and on the road for days. Tough product to sell but very rewarding getting businesses.

Jun 8, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review!

"Paycom's pay and benefits are competitive and I work on one of the best teams I've been on in my career."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. Other perks like special events the company holds and the on site gym are great for quality of work life. My position allows me the freedom to research what interests me and challenge myself to expand my skills.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as a con. The company is still growing and with that comes change (sometimes rapidly). While this can sometimes be disruptive to the routine, it is generally for the best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Even with recent leadership changes, I feel my role in the company is secure and that my team's function has a direct impact on our success.

Jun 4, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and insights about what you love about Paycom!

"Application Security Internship"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company (and this position specifically) is the opportunity that you are given to learn and grow as an individual. There is also: competitive pay, consistent hours/work, and fantastic benefits.

Just became full-time after completing a 6 month internship.

Cons

Honestly none. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working here.

Jun 4, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Transition Specialist Representative"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great pay
    Good benefits
    Because you work in a sales office in this role you get to occasionally bask in the sales office perks, celebrations etc.
    Corporate location has perks like a gym and cafeteria in OKC

Cons

No work-life balance
    High turnover
    Very little flexibility
    Micro-management on metrics
     Loads of pressure
    They preach culture but its all marketing

Advice to Management

Put in a legitimate CEO that hires and promotes the right people to leadership instead of just putting people who can sell in leadership positions.

Jun 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Paycom makes the demands and expectations of these positions as transparent as possible during the hiring process and we understand that it will not always be an ideal fit for all employees. While it... More