Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work-life balance can be difficult during busy seasons (in 71 reviews)

• Hard work and late hours, but beyond worth the money that comes with the (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "TSR Review"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started at Paycom and overall, it has been a great experience! The interview and on-boarding process was efficient and moved quickly - the whole process took about 3 weeks. Since starting with Paycom, the training has been phenomenal! There are 4-8 weeks of training (depending on when you start & the training schedules), which includes shadowing, training classes, and then going to corporate for a week-long of training. They really care about their employees and make an effort to train and prepare them to set them up for success. The people that work here are ambitious, smart, career-minded individuals. Somebody is always willing to help you out if needed, and the company atmosphere is amazing - it's a work hard, play hard environment. The company is growing very quickly, so there are a lot of great opportunities within the company!

Cons

The job is challenging! There are a lot of things that you need to learn in order to be successful in this role. So, if you're not driven and willing to put in the work, this job may not be for you!

Advice to Management

Continue spending time developing your employees!

Apr 20, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you're finding Paycom to be rewarding and challenging! Keep up the great work!

"Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility of large commissions, attainable presidents club measurements, great foot in the door career building block. Promote from within typically.

Cons

Absolutely insane amount of micromanaging. Young, attractive people who doesn’t know any better are their ideal candidate. Be prepared to simply cold call 10-30 hours a week. Way too old school in their approach, manager is probably going to be a former rep that sold 1-2 solid deals. The lies fed from the top (especially during trainings led by executives) will start with the lines “you can’t ever get a better job and nobody has left here with a better job”. Insane, right winged company that boarders on unethical.

Apr 23, 2018 – Paycom Representative

You’re right that the benefits of working with our sales teams are industry leading and come after a lot of hard work. It’s always important to know that these positions are not easy and Paycom makes... More

4. "Quality Assurance Specialist"

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at with great benefits and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Not exactly con but very high competition.

Apr 20, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

5. "Promotion"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started in October and got my first Promotion! I'm a Paycom Specialist 2 now! This place is amazing. They treat their employees really well. We work hard but we play hard too.

Cons

Parking can be rough lol.

Apr 13, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Congratulations on your promotion! That's very exciting and we're thrilled to see your review and feedback.

6. "Re-imagining the HR and Payroll industry"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard, follow the process and you can be wildly successful.
    You truly can impact companies in huge ways
    7 figure compensation is within your reach if your good
    Growth potential is huge
    They love to promote from within
    the culture in each office is like family
    each day is a challenge, but if you can master the training and soak everything up like a sponge your knowledge accumulates and gives you an advantage in every new opportunity you get yourself into
    If you aren't incredibly driven this may not be for you, but if you understand the sales industry and are willing to grind especially hard when you are getting started, the opportunities are endless

Cons

not for the feint of heart, you have to work hard, put yourself out there, be strategic, be efficient with your time, spend time learning outside of regular business hours through a plethora of training provided on the products, how to analyze, industry backgrounds, et.
    Most sales reps work long hours, but some have mastered their craft and achieve an impressive work life balance, but it isn't easy.

Advice to Management

Our technology clearly speaks for itself and the success we are achieving in engagement is unparalleled, so I believe we are on track to redefine the standard of excellence in our space. With that said, I believe we could achieve our goals faster with a greater emphasis placed in our marketing campaigns since our top competition that shouldn't hold a flame to us is out spending us and doing better than they should. If our brand awareness was marketed equally, coupled with our easier implementations, far more agile, proprietary software, easier transitions,, etc, our competition would be laughed out of the room and we could spread our wings.

Apr 10, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your detailed review and feedback. You're right that it takes grit and determination to be successful on the sales team, but the rewards gleaned from the hard work can truly pay off... More

7. "Bright Young Company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is rapidly growing. This allows for a lot of opportunity to gain new skills and allows for rapid upward movement. The company expects you to learn your job and constantly improve, but does not expect you to know your job day one. This allows for an open pathway for personal and professional improvement.
    I have yet to meet a mean person working here in the two years I have been here. We all work hard but there is a comradery to it since most positions are in a team structure there is always someone to go to for help when learning a new skill or part of the system.

Cons

The company experiences some growing pains and is mostly under 30. There is a bit of a fresh out of college vibe. This isn't necessarily a con but it is nice to know before jumping in.

Apr 10, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! It's great to see you have found a strong team environment and the ability to grow in your career. We wish you continued success!

8. "Fantastic Technology Firm"

Current Employee - Manager/Supervisor
    Current Employee - Manager/Supervisor

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constantly evolving to become better, challenging work, incentivized compensation structure, great benefits (e.g. low cost-high quality health insurance, espp, etc.), plenty of opportunities for upward mobility at corporate

Cons

Not as many opportunities for promotion in field offices

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Apr 10, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback! We will share your comments with the leadership team.

9. "Life Changing Opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Surrounded by inspired and inspiring peers
    *Incredible culture
    *Sky is the limit - you can achieve whatever career progression or earnings you want regardless of your age
    *So easy to believe in the product you sell - no software or company is comparable
    *Paycom has the best Sales Force In America - the commitment to training is incredible
    *Your friends will be jealous of the opportunity you "stumbled into"

Cons

*First year is a grind- steep learning curve
    *Work life balance could be much better (but this is well worth the pros listed above)

Advice to Management

Allow sales representatives to work out of other sales offices on Fridays. This was a huge perk to working at Paycom and combatted a conservative vacation policy.

Apr 6, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We're so glad you stumbled into Paycom and love being a part of our winning team! We will share your feedback with the leadership team.

"Unfortunate outcome at what I thought was a good company."

Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Network Operations Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many pros for working at this company: Healthcare benefits, Training opportunities, opportunities to become a leader, working with cutting edge technology, and many more.

I can be a great place for a intelligent, hard working, dedicated person. But..

Cons

The major Con of working at this company is that there are very few strong leaders that provide good direction to subordinates.

If one is unlucky they could end up working under a manager that doesn't actually know what is going on with the team they are over.

Assumptions and perception become the way some leaders choose to make their decisions in handling people. They don't investigate as to why something may be occurring.

If you ever experience something that would be considered unethical, racially offensive, some sort of harassment; be mindful of whom you report it to. Reporting it to a Team Lead in the hopes that they will handle it correctly is not the best avenue, in my experience. Nothing was done to remedy the situation, and within two weeks I was fired after reporting that a team member made a racially offensive comment in the presence of myself and one other team member.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to take a deeper look at lower management and the team leads of the company. Ensuring that the handling of work place harassment issues are handled in the proper manner. Training for the whole company on the protocols of reporting, and who to report too to ensure there is no retaliation for reporting would be a good idea.

The method for which employees are terminated needs to be investigated as well. When a team lead asks to meet with someone to go over changes to a meeting early the next morning, and instead that next morning pulls the worker into the managers office and they fire them, ethics have gone out the door.

When I started at Paycom I was excited and eager to become a contributing team member. I felt I had done my part in doing so. There were things I greatly enjoyed while working for Paycom. There were many people that relied on me for my assistance and ability to be their go to guy when needed help the most.

Unfortunately, the experience I had with the leadership directly above me was not a good one. There was a deep lack of good communication and direction from my team lead. The manager did not seem to be aware of the work actually being done, or of the great appreciation that Paycom members had for the work that I had completed for them.

To anyone who cares about making Paycom a better place to work. Be sure to take care of your workers. Instead of immediately writing someone up based on a false perception, investigate and talk to the member, find out what is going on, find a solution, build your workers up, help them flourish, and don't let members who have sought out help and advice flounder.

If it wasn't due to my poor experience with my direct leadership I would have many great things to say about Paycom. It can be a great place, but it needs to polish off some very rough edges.

Apr 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate your detailed feedback and are alarmed to read your accusations. We take matters of this magnitude very serious and hold our team members to a very high standard to ensure a productive... More