Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"It's a job... don't drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people!!! Most people here are the greatest you will ever meet. Freedom to take breaks and so much food because everyone here loves to eat. Lots of change so when you don't like something you just wait a few days til it changes again.

Cons

Lack of communication as the company has grown and no uniformity within departments. If one supervisor doesn't want something done one way, so be it. ISO certification is a joke and the lack of professionalism and accountability that has become culture is shocking.

Advice to Management

This is supposed to be a corporation but PSD runs like a high school with funding issues. Why do managers get to supervise their spouses? Why is sleeping your way up the ladder okay? How come it's acceptable to not know payroll basics and get promoted? We used to be better than this.

2. "Love Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great food, great people, and good work.

Cons

High stress if you don't know how to handle it.

Advice to Management

More time saving processes.

May 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We also hope you'll share any ideas or suggestions to help us help our employees manage any job-related stress.

3. "Incredible company, never worked for a company like this before"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great work culture, friendly employees, competitive pay, freedom to innovate.

Cons

Some employees that work here really shouldn't be here.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire like you do, but possibly focus less on reaching numbers and more on quality

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

""great place to start""

Current Employee - Deskop Amin in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Deskop Amin in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working at paycom this week and the training process has been amazing. they have been very thorough about explaining everything I should know and be prepared for. The employees for the most part are fairly young and incredibly friendly. they are all very willing to help any time they can which is great as I'm transitioning to a full time career.

Cons

I haven't ran into anything that I consider a con yet!

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

6. "Great atmosphere focused on growth"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, growing company, great benefits, well managed

Cons

Awful parking traffic if leaving at 5.

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Regarding the 5pm traffic, we do have police officers to help direct traffic and are open to any additional feedback you may have.

"Overall, great company to work for!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at Paycom long, but it really is a great place to learn and grow. They really make an effort to make sure that you never feel bored in your position. There are constantly training classes and opportunities for you to grow in both your personal and professional life. The lunch, freebies, and benefits are all great as well.

Cons

In my department, it seems as though they do more outside hiring, rather than hiring from within. They want everyone to stay in their specific position for a given amount of time. If they are over qualified for the position, and others open up that they have been told they would be a good fit for, instead of hiring from within, with people that know the positions well, they hire under qualified people from the outside. Though I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this, it seems flawed.

Advice to Management

Perhaps the hiring and recruiting people should communicate more with departments that they are hiring for. If there are several people that are overqualified and would be a good fit for the position, why not go ahead and move them?

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Regarding other opportunities within the company, employees may view those through the Employee Self-Service portal under Internal Job Postings.

"Work Hard Play Hard"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Benefits Package
    Amazing Training program (they really invest in their employees)
    Clubs/Leagues/Groups if you want to get involved
    GYM open before and after hours for employee use
    This company has grown Dramatically since it began in '98 and Keeps on growing, the growth potential is fantastic.

Cons

The only complaints I've heard are that someone didn't get along well with someone else(which will happen anywhere)
    You do have to multitask and learn a lot so if you are not wanting to learn and work Hard than this may not be the place for you.
    Interview process is intense, but they need to be picky with the amount of time they invest in their new employees.

Advice to Management

I think everything is being run well so far, I'm sure as the company grows make sure to keep the heart alive that's currently there.

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience with Paycom.

9. "A Great Internship"

I have been working at Paycom part-time

Pros

Paycom provides leaders in management positions, not just managers. Everyone is very close at Paycom and people are willing to drop what they're doing to help one another. They offer VERY competitive pay compared to other internships, and everyone makes sure you're a part of the team. My manager, Alex, was an outstanding leader who cared about the internship position. She would regularly ensure that I was being the best I could be and surpassing standards. Even the CSO, Jeff York, came into the Phoenix office and would ask how I was doing, and how the internship process was going for me. Paycom cares about their employees!!!! I was very lucky to have best leaders in any company surround me. Alex was a great person to work for and one of the best managers I've had. She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position. Compared to other Internships, no manager would sit down and talk to me about my performance and help me on a daily basis in areas I needed.

As an intern, you get to shadow reps on sales calls and get to dive into to the sales process. I would prospect and find new accounts for sales reps and do a lot of back-end/social prospecting. The internship has given me great skills and an excellent spot on my resume. Every interview I've had, sales professionals have been surprised about my Paycom experience and day to day duties. I was given freedom in the internship to work hard and help every single sales rep in the office. Outside Sales Reps in the office would regularly keep me involved and teach me new things.

Paycom gives you professional skills that you can't learn in the classroom. If you would like to be pushed and learn something in an internship, then apply to this company. Alex has provided a work environment that makes it easy to push yourself and to exceed expectations. I was lucky to have this experience with Paycom and working here has given me A LOT more skills than I came in with. I was taught the latest sales trends, hard work, and challenging, yet rewarding work feels like.

Thank you for the extraordinary experience.

Cons

Nothing Paycom was a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and recognizing people like Alex Pilon, Ryan Smith, and Blair Ward. The leaders in your company are by the far the best.

May 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you sharing your insight and experience with our internship program.

"Paycom Day One!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first day at Paycom, and all the reviews I researched before applying are true! This is a work hard- play hard environment, and Paycom truly takes care of its employees! Our benefits package is amazing, and there are $4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that! It's only day 1, but my expectations are already blown away! So excited to make this place my home!

Cons

I have found none!

May 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We wish you great success in your career with us. #lovewhereyouwork

11. "Excellent environment! Great place to grow as a software developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Earning potential is endless
    Great work environment.
    They have a massive gym.
    Love the high moral that is always present

Cons

A lot of growing pains.
    Communication is getting harder with how fast we are growing.

May 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and the feedback! Our communications and HR teams would love to hear any ideas you have for improving employee communication.