Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 55 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 30 reviews)

"Come Join Us!"

Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The investment the Leaders have in the company reflect with every achievement Paycom has received plus the hard work the employees have dedicated to their clients and company as a whole. It is great to know that there is opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

The environment and community at Paycom is incredible. The people I work with day-to-day are my family. I do life with them outside of work. Aslo, the company knows how to treat us by doing fun things such as: competitions, monthly luncheons, National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week, Wellness Week and so much more.

Plus benefits and $4 meals cannot be beat.

Come Join Us!

Cons

The work we do here is a challenge, but honestly it is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by staying focus on the mission. Continue to stay invested in your teams, employees and community. It all makes a difference. If anything, stay encouraged.

"Future Millionaires Club"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This was my first job out of college and the opportunities have been remarkable. I went from having an entry level sales position in a start up market, making executive rep status and being promoted to one of the most influential roles in our sales organization in a very short period of time. Because I have gone through the Paycom journey myself and continue to work with hundreds of reps year after year, I feel qualified to say this company is truly a place that fosters and gives so much to those willing to learn and execute our processes & values. Our leadership team is dedicated to development and promoting top talent making our culture strong. If leadership is in your heart, and you're eager to move up quickly, this is the place to do it!

Don't let reviews about people who failed or didn't have the work ethic rob you of taking a great opportunity that could change your life. At the end of the day, we have the best leadership, product, people and growth in the industry (that's a fact), you want to be a part of this. Timing is everything, and we're in a great place so if you're driven, positive and willing to be a student of the business there is an opportunity for you to be very successful here.

Cons

Anything I list here would be a quality problem.

For example, our product changes all the time and there's a lot of learning to do. Do I love this? Not always. But I'm grateful for that because it means we are getting better every month, better serving our clients and creating new opportunities for our salesforce to get into new accounts. No company is perfect but all the problems I see at Paycom are quality problems you would want to have in a high growth company with an ever soaring price stock :)

#MoreMoneyMoreProblems
    #QualityProblems

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and recognize your top talent! Our people are everything

Sep 22, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review, your positive attitude and enthusiasm!

"Software dev"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Friendly environment
    Very talented people
    Growing company

Cons

Not that I can think of

Sep 21, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"An Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The culture at Paycom is great. Paycom truly cares about the happiness and well being of their employees. It is because of this that we get such good benefit options to choose from. Management at Paycom also cares about the personal and professional growth of their employees.

Cons

Depending on the department a person gets placed in it takes longer to be promoted than what the recruiters say.

Sep 21, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for review and sharing your experience!

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycom has one of the best cultures around for a company! The management really does care for the employees here and if you show you're willing to do the work, they are more than happy to invest a lot in your career! The $1 health insurance is an amazing benefit, as is the on campus gym with boot camp classes!

Cons

No real cons if you're not opposed to hard work and potentially long hours.

Sep 22, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"5 Stars"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continuing education. Christian culture. Employee appreciation.

Cons

My drive to get to work.

Advice to Management

Continuing education is critical.

"It's all about the People"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Employee focused
    - Great Benefits
    - Onsite Gym
    - Employee Incentives
    - Family Feel
    - Dedicated Leaders
    - Education programs
    - Ethical company

I started as an entry level employee but was quickly singled out for my potential and now lead my own team. This company looks at you for what you bring to the table, wants their employees to be part of the innovations and growth of the company. They encourage you to think outside the box and promote from within. I feel like a person, not a number. Upper management tries to get to know the people who work under them and are approachable. I continue to receive more and more opportunities to grow and better my leadership skills while making life long relationships with my co workers. I can't say enough good things about Paycom, their ethics, and their dedication to their people.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say. Paycom expects excellence from their people and sometimes that means putting in extra hours but that comes with the territory and Paycom rewards that hard work with $1 insurance, $4 lunches, and a variety of other surprises throughout the year to thank their employees for their time and work.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see a daycare connection of some sort. So many people have children that work here and onsite daycare would be a huge load lifter for many of the employees.

Sep 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm. We'll share your suggestion with the management team.

"Incredible place to grow a career in OKC"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The benefits like the gym, the $1/paycheck employee insurance, and catered lunches are well-documented.

However, what makes Paycom a great place to work are the people ... everyone here is driven; you have to be to be successful here. Some of the brightest people in the state are employed by Paycom, and the standards to be hired here are high.

Fun is allowed and encouraged ... we are in the middle of "National Payroll Week" with contests and special events ... but hard work is expected as well.

The CEO has always had high expectations of his employees, and the results show in one of the greatest success stories in Oklahoma business history. He is tough but fair, and is focused in his singular vision to dominate the industry.

Paycom has created the best collection of software in the HCM/Payroll industry, it is currently building the fourth office building on campus (sixth counting the gym and parking garage), and yet there is still the feeling company-wide that there is room to grow. We are still in just the early phases of an enterprise that eventually will be the market leader in terms of revenue and market-cap metrics.

Cons

If you don't like change, you do not need to work here. The workpace is fast and you need to have the ability to adjust to what the day presents. Constant growth can create some challenges. But if you can handle change and adapt to new challenges on a daily basis, it is definitely rewarding to be a part of something as exciting as what is going on here.

Advice to Management

Keep instilling the values that got this company to the place it is, continue to listen to the input of the employees, and keep the focus on providing the incentives for your workforce to continue to push the envelope!

Sep 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience!

"A company you can retire with"

Current Employee - TAx Researcher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - TAx Researcher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Paycom you will constantly be working with intellectual/knowledge driven individuals that strive to be the best they can in their careers and personal lives. In addition, you will never feel like your being ignored by management as they truly do listen to their employees and care about what their employees think.

Cons

Like any other business that experiences dramatic acceleration in growth one of the most difficult things to over come is making sure communication is properly distributed accurately to all employees. (e.g. the telephone exercise if you've ever heard of it)

Sep 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We hope you have a long and successful career with us.

"I have a great career with many opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working at Paycom. I look forward to going to work everyday. Great pay, great benefits, great coworkers. We have one of the best software in the industry. It's built in-house and it's well integrated so it is easy to use. We also have top of the line training and we are always encouraged to focus on our career growth and help is always there any time we need it.

There is well defined process for making suggestions and upper management always looks for our feedback to make our jobs better.

We also have a state of the art gym. It has two full size basketball courts, weights, yoga!

I can truly compare Paycom with all the best company's in the country and I'm proud to say it's one of the best places to work. #1 in Oklahoma.

Cons

There are no complains from me.

Sep 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience!