Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 42 reviews)

• 4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Many departments have frequent periods of poor work/life balance (in 66 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This will be the best job you will get if you’re a hard worker"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is honestly the best job i think I’ll ever have. The benefits are amazing and the pay is more than i ever thought I could get. BE WARNED this job is hard. Never in my life have i had so much stress. That’s the reason why it pays so well. Be prepared to be stressed everyday and have heavy daily work loads and have new procedures constantly thrown at you from management. But guess what it’s your job so you either adapt or you don’t make it. You have to go into this job knowing it’s a potential career. You can’t wake up every day and barely slide through this and then complain that things aren’t fair. You have to be 100% everyday and you will be held accountable for every action you make. I took the job when i found out that my wife and I were having our first child and this job has provided so much for my family. The relationship you develop are amazing and the team atmosphere is very supportive. I’ve had issues with this position when i started to where I didn’t think was going to make it. But my team leader and supervisor stepped in and made sure that i felt wanted and supported.

Cons

This job is crazy hard. The stress you take home can really affect your outside of work relationships if you let it. Constantly trying to adapt.

Advice to Management

Get better at setting up specialist for success. Stop assigning extra projects that only prolong issues and make employees more stressed out.

Dec 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. As we've communicated in the past, Paycom is growing fast and we understand this can cause some stress as we continue to innovate and stretch to make sure... More

2. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture, events and everything they do for employees. From catered lunches daily, to the new micro market, a free gym the list goes on and on. Also my manager is great at helping me grow and excel in my role, which i think a lot of other leaders do for their teams across the company as well.

Cons

Traffic getting in and out of work.

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad you enjoy the culture we have here at Paycom and are happy to see that you are growing and excelling in your position with the help of your manager.
    We... More

3. "Junior Executive Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Paycom as an intern

Pros

I learned more in this internship regarding sales than most of my college classes. They do a great job with teaching interns, and then having the interns implement what they were taught into sales strategies.If you want an internship where you actually learn, and grow as a salesperson through rigorous training, apply for the internship! This company is also fantastic for women looking to go into business, loved the women empowerment within the company.

Cons

The company sort of prides itself on not having good work-life balance, which is realistic, but that's not how any company should sell a job to millennials. They give you metrics you must achieve in a minimal timeframe that is impossible for interns who are also college students. Also is very competitive in terms of transitioning from intern to full-time, so make sure to take on this job ONLY if you have the time for it/are mentally prepared. Most challenging and stressful semester of my life.

Advice to Management

Phenomenal job with training! Be more open to helping interns transition from an intern to full-time position. Maybe letting all interns know all available jobs? It would cost less for you as a company and be more beneficial to those wanting to work for you after college.

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. We're happy to hear you learned so much during your time as a sales intern. The sales role within our company and industry is high... More

"There is a reason everyone wants to work at Paycom..."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BENEFITS!
    - $1 HEALTH INSURANCE - this is so huge
    - On site gym/beautiful landscaping
    -Catered lunches everyday
    -Endless growth, training, leadership programs and opportunity
    -Employee stock purchase plan
    -401k, great match and super short vesting schedule
    -Parking garage for that Oklahoma hail
    -Interesting, challenging work
    -Employee events and giveaways
    -A Human Resources team that really cares about employees - designated HR rep for each department

Cons

It's hard work. If Paycom is just a job to you - you will not succeed. You need to think of this as a long term career in order to be successful.

Jan 22, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback about working at Paycom! We're thrilled you enjoy the many great benefits and appreciate the positive perspective.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, growth opportunities, compensation, market and industry

Cons

Long hours but they are worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your hard work.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Paycom has allowed me to achieve some of the most defining moments in my career. It has given me a platform to use my skills and experience to truly make a positive impact and contribute towards the success of the company. This is a fast growing company that embraces change and seeks to continually improve in all areas. This is attractive to me because I want to work for a company that is not only keeping up with change in the industry, but disrupting it by being the frontrunner of change.

Cons

This is not a company for everyone. We work very hard, play hard, and reap the rewards of both. We are passionate about what we do and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get the job done right. If you are a person who just wants a basic 9-5 job that doesn't require you to get out of your comfort zone, this is not your environment. But if you want to work at a place that is growing, continually adapting to change and always stretching their employees to be better tomorrow than they are today, then this is the place to be. To me, that is not really a "con". It is just a fact.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to management that they are not already doing. They already provide one of the best working environments in the country for their employees and give them substantial opportunities to grow on a professional level. They already listen (really listen) to their customers and make continual improvements to their product (which is already the best in the industry). And they have their priorities strait by giving back to the community in ways many do not even know about.

Jan 19, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and experience with Paycom. We're happy we could be part of the most defining moments of your career and look forward to more to come!

"Pretty good company, but has some growing to do."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is expanding rapidly and could become a powerhouse. You will work with far more good people than bad. Job feels relatively secure due to extreme demand for workers. Gym and catered lunches are convenient. Company likes to promote from within, so there is no lack of upward mobility if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

Paid Time Off could be much better. Many departments have frequent periods of poor work/life balance. If salaried, expect to stay late often, but don’t expect flextime in return. Getting in and out of the complex can often be a pain due to its location and a few other factors (add at least an extra 15 minutes to your commute).

Advice to Management

The scale feels tipped heavily on the side of quantity over quality. It’s important to beat competition to the punch, but many projects feel incomplete and lacking in polish. There is sometimes a frightening amount of reliance on reactionary problem solving. It would be nice to see the scale tip slightly over towards an emphasis on quality in the earlier stages.

Jan 23, 2018 – Paycom Representative

We’re glad to read that you recognize the value and upward mobility for our employees at Paycom. As someone who has been with the company for over a year, you are likely familiar with the tremendous... More

"Beyond my Expectations"

Current Employee - Technical Trainer Designer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer Designer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have always heard good things about Paycom, but I thought it was just an exaggeration. I now understand that words are not sufficient to explain how invigorating, positive, and encouraging this environment is. I feel honored to work here. If you are offered the chance to work here, you will notice really quick how honest the positive reviews are. I believe the culture here is so positive, because the leadership lead with humility and genuine care. The leaders push me to be better leader, just by the way they act.

Cons

It is difficult to foster relationships outside of the department an individual works in.

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for your review and about your experience at Paycom and appreciate your feedback that we can share with management. We wish you the best and glad you're a part of the team.

"Software Developer"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company Culture.
    Very supportive staff.
    Skilled leaders.
    We get great Paycom discounts in OKC properties and shops.

Cons

There are no cons of working here.

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and letting us know what you enjoy about working at Paycom.

"Working for a #1 work palce"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Friendly Environment: You'll be getting help not only from your team, department but also from any department.
    -Events: National payroll week(food trucks, games etc(
                       Code-a-thon (Awesome prizes)
    -Gym: Bootcamp, Yoga, Zumba (With Trainers; twice a day), Games and leagues
    -$4 Catering Lunch (Healthy options too)
    -Helpful and competitive work environment
    -$1 Health Insurance

Cons

Nothing on top my head

Jan 11, 2018 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your positive experience!