Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 49 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"PSD Management Soiling CEOs Vision"

Current Employee - PSD
    Current Employee - PSD

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 health insurance
    High pay if you put in the time.
    Recently revamped accruals- more PTO
    $4 catered lunches
    Year End Party
    On-site employee appreciation events

Cons

-Management in PSD department. We are led with a “trail and error” approach. Processes are often rolled out and then rolled back when the irrationality becomes apparent. Every week brings and even poorer thought out plan than the previous. This is the result of promoting people who incur favor from upper management as opposed to earning their promotions based on merit.
    -Unrealistic expectations of client facing roles.
    -Increased workload with no accompanying support from management.
    -Reactive process changes and job functionalities. Something has to go very wrong to initiate any kind of change.
    -Decline in quality of product. Massive IT problems.
    -Continuous set-up issues for new clients
    -No accountability from supporting departments- specialist told to take ownership of every error.

Advice to Management

Listen to and shadow your subordinates to accurately gauge what their daily duties truly entail. No manager who truly has their employees’ interests at heart would continue to pile on additional duties with impossibly high expectations then turn around and hand out write-ups like candy for the mistakes that take place. PSD is set up to fail and then penalized for doing so.

Paycom does not provide an avenue for employees to voice concerns and log complaints that provides actionable change. You will see Paycom respond to other negative reviews and suggest the HR hotline or talking to their immediate supervisor. Nothing seems to initiate change like a glassdoor review so until Paycom starts listening to their staff they will see an influx of reviews on glassdoor and other sites. If you have your manager’s support, you do not feel the need to get on glassdoor in the first place.

Paycom also does a major disservice to its clients with the monthly updates. These updates are not thoroughly vetted, break other system functions, and drive clients away. Several major clients have noticed this pattern and are now on an internal list to be exempted from certain updates. This is a great example of Paycom recognizing a problem and taking no action. Every solution is a temporary fix- the root causes continue to fester in the system and cause larger IT issues. Many clients leave because the product they pay for often glitches out and causes additional work for the client. Our IT department sacrifices quality for quantity- every month brings more than 20 updates and each could cause numerous additional problems. These problems will likely not be fixed until the next month’s updates.

Every job brings stress. Paycom may be the only company who puts more stress on its workforce than the customers they service. My advice to Chad Richison would be to replace his PSD management staff. Many of them come in to collect a paycheck instead of properly rolling out new processes to team leaders, saving clients who may leave for another payroll company, or taking action on any feedback they get- UNLESS that feedback gives them a chance to write someone up. Promote people who truly understand the company, the clients, and the employees instead of whoever is most popular at the time. Chad, I believe in your vision which is why I continue to work at Paycom. There is a huge chasm between your vision and its execution. I implore you to find the root cause and make a change. As a whole- we are a profitable and functioning company. Can you imagine how much more productive we would be if we were happy?

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Cheap insurance offering
    - Great training program
    - Earnings potential

Cons

As a company that markets their software as an instrument to improve employee satisfaction and culture for their prospects and clients, they have a hard time cultivating a healthy work environment of their own.
    Office leaders micromanage every activity their subordinates make and create a very stressful work environment. With zero autonomy in the sales role, management ends up suffocating their employees while devaluing the hours of work employees put into preparation and everyday achievements.
    While long hours are to be expected in every sales position, there is truly zero work life balance. With only seven days of time off built into the first year of employment, they still expect employees to request time off for necessary doctor appointments or even having to leave the office thirty minutes early.
    Management views you as a number and devalues you as a person. If you are behind on your quota or activity levels, prepare yourself for difficult conversations and even more added pressure.
    At the end of the day, Paycom does not offer a solution that is superior to anything on the market already. Not only does the software fail to deliver on promises, services issues and problems with implementation compound the struggle for the sales representatives.
    The previous turnover of so many representatives created further prospect concern after being contacted by a new sales representative every year. During my time of employment, the office experienced turnover of four representatives out of a seven person team.

Advice to Management

Let your sales representatives operate with some level of autonomy. The interview process is thorough enough to know that you've hired a trustworthy and accomplished professional. Also, create ways to enable a work environment where success is not a byproduct of fear.

3. "Paycom specialist"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the culture is very inviting

Cons

Only way to get raises is based on revenue and they have too many employees now not enough clients

Advice to Management

Slow down on hiring people

Jul 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Since your new to the company, we’d like to clarify some information regarding your con. HR technology is a significant investment for businesses, thus, that process can... More

4. "1st Week"

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just finished my first week at Paycom as a New Client Setup Specialist and have enjoyed it so far!

Cons

The amount of information you need to know can be overwhelming at first but should become easier after completing training.

Jul 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We believe in investing in our employees through training. We hope you have a long and successful career with us!

5. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, training, culture, perks, presidents club

Cons

Micromanaged by managers, strict weekly schedule that must be followed. Not a lot of freedom

Advice to Management

Give more freedom to your sales reps!

Jul 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We'll be sure to share your feedback with management team.

"Administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and fast pace with energetic employees

Cons

Not great at communication all the time

Jun 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"I would recommend Paycom!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is one of the only companies I have worked for that really treats their employees well in all aspects. Compensation is amazing, affordable benefits and the training is awesome. The management in the Cleveland office is very good and they really want their employees to succeed and are willing to assist in anyway possible. Another thing that really attracted me was the future that a rep can have with the company....Stock options, increase in base pay and the commission structure is crazy good. The Cleveland office has a team culture and each rep in the office is willing to stop what their doing to assist new reps get acclimated to the job. The only reason I am not with the company is because I had the opportunity of starting my dream business with family otherwise I would still be at Paycom. I would highly recommend Paycom!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I really cannot think of anything, they have done a good job with everything. Keep it up!

Jun 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We wish you success in your future endeavors.

8. "Great Place to Work with Opportunities to Learn and Advance your Career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycom invests a lot of time and energy into developing sales professionals. From a lengthy paid training course, a week with our CSO at our corporate headquarter, to follow up training throughout your tenure, you will have every possible tool to be successful at Paycom.

The culture in the sales offices is terrific and once you make the annual President's Club Award trip you will never want to miss it again.

Cons

Thi s position is not for everyone as it is a true outside sales position that requires a thick skin, a can-do attitude, and resilience.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to support your top-tier reps so they can continue to sell more each year.

Jun 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you sharing your experience as a tenured sales representative at Paycom.

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic... More

"GOING DOWNHILL...AND FAST IN PSD!!!!!"

Current Employee - PSD Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - PSD Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$4 meals, $1 benefits for employee.

Cons

PSD is the slave shop for Paycom. If you dont want to be a specialist any longer they will REFUSE to move you to another department and force you to quit. They have added tons of responsibility on to the specialists making it almost impossible to get anything down. I worry about my job every other day because now all they do is threaten to write people up day in and day out if we dont get things done but they dont realize we dont have the time. They are not replacing TSS's which makes it that much harder for teams with only one TSS to get caught up because they are too busy taking care of their payrolls. TL's have to listen to our calls every week and if they dont find a call that we did bad on, they are told to keep looking for a call thats bd so they can tell us horrible we are doing, because doing your job correctly and having a good call apparently is a crime with Paycom. Its kind of funny that a company who refuses to let you rate yourself a 4 or a 5 on the review because they say you cant be perfect or almost perfect will turn around in the same breath and say we need to be perfect or we will get written up. This is the worst I have ever seen in the department and I expect turnover to be HIGH at year end. They throw these parties and events like carnivals, meet and greets, take a picture with the camel day however the ones who do most of the work and provide the long term service like the specialists never get to participate because we arent allowed to be on DND and we have to stay on the phones. Theytake our TLs away from us multiple days a week for hours at a time and we have no one to rely on for help. I dont get why a TL would be able to take a 2 hour lunch multiple times a week when there is a whole team they are supposed to be supporting. Paycom is known for making adjustments that fit every other departments needs and then just throw everything on the specialist. the workload is no longer worth the pay. A senior specialist carrying over 2.7 mill in revenue should not be making less than $30/hr period. The only time you will move out of PSD to another department is if you suck really bad, your husband works there or if your mentor is a higher up manager that can make things happen. Other than that you are pretty much stuck. Oh, and good luck spending time with your family because you will live there unless you want to get written up or fired for forgetting stuff.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your specialists. It seems that no one cares how we feel, what we say but we are the ones on the main line every single day getting yelled at, cussed at and breaking bad news to customers when you cant live up to your promises. Stop implementing changes without proper testing. You have a million things broken but will keep pushing out new things. The training department needs an overhaul and yo really need to think about offering legimitate continuing learning courses. Sending us a quiz at 4pm that you require us to complete by 5 with 2 random questions that we will obviously not retain is not on the job training.

Jul 21, 2017 – Representative

We challenge our employees, and with those challenges come career opportunities. We do want to take a moment to clarify a few things you mentioned. First, our compensation structure is highly... More