Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated May 6, 2017

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Really enjoyed working there"

Former Employee - Development Setup Specialist in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Development Setup Specialist in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, company focuses on the value of each employee, management is communicative and friendly.

Cons

PTO is slow to earn

Advice to Management

Allow more upper management positions in the Lewisville office.

Feb 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback.

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the most amazing company with exceptional leaders. There is plenty of growth opportunity and they compensate you very highly. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Paycom. I am unbelievably grateful to work here.

Cons

I do not have anything even remotely negative to say about Paycom.

Advice to Management

None.

Feb 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Paycom.

"Eleven years of greatness"

Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have consulted and worked at 4 other payroll/HCM firms before being at Paycom, and consulted at numerous other financial firms in the mortgage and insurance industry as well. Once I met the ownership and leadership years ago, I knew this was the place I'd want to work for while building a life and building a family.

In 11 years now, both in Dallas and Oklahoma City, Paycom leadership has never let me down. Not once. There's something to be said for that.

The opportunities both to grow and to wear different "hats" inside the organization continually come. Those with a good work ethic and a good business sense are rewarded well, and rewarded on many fronts. I can actually and fully respect my peers here... and fully respect those in high leadership.

The environment is one of collaboration, hearing out ideas, making work fun, encouraging/rewarding innovation, and celebrating diversity.

Cons

Overall, none. Sometimes it seems as though there are a lot of younger hires that get upset that they cannot be promoted numerous times in their first year or two - that is just not realistic.

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're so happy you're happy!

"Life changing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible training and continued opportunity for development, average income for sales rep is 289k, inspiring leadership, overall great environment for those willing to work very, very hard.

Cons

Very challenging job and not a lot of time off your first year but it's all worth it for the insane amounts of money we make and the career experience we gain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work!

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Best place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Team Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Team Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom devotes so many resources to bettering their employees
    Awesome $4 lunches (sometimes free)
    Amazing coworkers and community
    Tons of events and fun activities
    Growing company, and enjoyable work

I am a former Paycom employee, and only left because I moved to Arizona. Every day I think about how the thing I miss most about Oklahoma was my amazing job, working for a company that actually cared about me.

Cons

Overtime at year end
    Work can be challenging (I don't really see either of these as cons)
    I have nothing negative to say about Paycom - truly a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. And hire me back when I eventually move back to Oklahoma :)

Dec 19, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We wish you success in your future endeavors.

"Talented Recruiting Team"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation package, I am making more now than I did in sales for my last company! The leadership truly cares for the people and will invest in them both personally and professionally. With that being said sometimes changes must be made if someone isn't pulling their weight. This is taken very seriously but should never be a surprise because everyone knows their goals and required metrics. The leaders teach us how to find talent, they provide the tools we need, they jump in whenever we need them to and most importantly they are high energy, positive and motivating because Paycom recruiting is very challenging. We have amazingly high standards when it comes to an entry point and multi-step interview processes - this is both a pro and a con. Paycom is growing at a rate of 40% so it can get a bit crazy at times but I am very thankful that is our problem rather than layoffs. I am very proud to be on the Paycom team, we accomplish more in one week than most recruiting teams accomplish in two months! If you want to up your game and really learn how to acquire talent consider joining our team I would definitely recommend this career to anyone.

Cons

We work really hard often times I log in from home because there is a lot to do. BUT I am paid more the more hires I make so it is worth the extra time I put in! We have high standards and are growing like crazy - both are pros and cons. It can be challenging to keep up with the growth at times and some managers are better prepared than others to handle the growth but ultimately we get it done.

Advice to Management

Continue pouring into the employees with trainings, perks, positive encouragement and never stop pushing us all to better. Also never stop pushing out those that either are not willing or are not capable of helping us reach the ultimate goal of being #1.

Dec 12, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience.

"Banking Specialist"

Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits, on campus dining option, gym

Cons

Busy days followed by very slow days, monotonous work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, its working.

Dec 12, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Hands down the best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After spending almost a decade in the military and a decade in the service industry, my first experience in the corporate world gave me the mindset shared by most Americans that my job was just a necessary evil, an ends to a means. My former employers seemed to do their best to wrench every ounce of work out of me with little regard for my professional development and well-being short of how it affected their bottom line. With Paycom I can honestly say they have shown me what a great employer can do to empower its workforce and inspire its workers to not only succeed but to be committed to their work as they are rewarded as Paycom continues to rise. I can’t imagine working anywhere else. Thank you Paycom.

Cons

Look, success isn’t easy. If you want to the easy way look elsewhere, if you are coming to Paycom expect to work hard.

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Advice to Management

Please never forget that it is the people and the way that you have treated them that makes Paycom great.

Nov 28, 2016 – Paycom Representative

First, thank you for your service to our country and bringing that sense of commitment and dedication to Paycom. We're happy to learn you find your career with us rewarding. Thank you for your ... More

"The best place to work"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a completely different professional world to payroll and HR, Paycom goes above and beyond to provide you with world class training that you feel like you have been doing this your whole life! The atmosphere is amazing and everyone here is so nice and willing to help you grow personally AND professionally!

Cons

There are no cons to this job at all! This place is just pure amazing! Everyone loves their job and it reflects to everything!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 22, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review to share your experience!

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, great environment, growth opportunity.

Cons

I have found none so far

Nov 11, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We look forward to a great future together.