Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated July 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 28 reviews)

1. "Paycom specialist"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the culture is very inviting

Cons

Only way to get raises is based on revenue and they have too many employees now not enough clients

Advice to Management

Slow down on hiring people

Jul 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Since your new to the company, we’d like to clarify some information regarding your con. HR technology is a significant investment for businesses, thus, that process can... More

2. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, training, culture, perks, presidents club

Cons

Micromanaged by managers, strict weekly schedule that must be followed. Not a lot of freedom

Advice to Management

Give more freedom to your sales reps!

Jul 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We'll be sure to share your feedback with management team.

3. "1st Week"

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just finished my first week at Paycom as a New Client Setup Specialist and have enjoyed it so far!

Cons

The amount of information you need to know can be overwhelming at first but should become easier after completing training.

Jul 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We believe in investing in our employees through training. We hope you have a long and successful career with us!

"Executive Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits offered. There are no other pros. Difficult to meet the 20 word minimum for this review. Terrible.

Cons

You'll reach a point where you will realize the money you make there does not outweigh the emotional strain this job puts on you, your friends and your family.

Outside sales representatives should be given flexibility to dictate their own schedules - not micromanaged.

Leadership is verbally abusive and not supportive. This company will legitimately brainwash you. So thankful I was strong enough to get out.

Advice to Management

Just change ASAP

Jul 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

It’s unfortunate you did not appreciate your time at Paycom. With hard work comes great rewards. During your time with us, we hope you took the opportunity to address your experience and concerns... More

"Administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and fast pace with energetic employees

Cons

Not great at communication all the time

Jun 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

6. "Great Place to Work with Opportunities to Learn and Advance your Career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycom invests a lot of time and energy into developing sales professionals. From a lengthy paid training course, a week with our CSO at our corporate headquarter, to follow up training throughout your tenure, you will have every possible tool to be successful at Paycom.

The culture in the sales offices is terrific and once you make the annual President's Club Award trip you will never want to miss it again.

Cons

Thi s position is not for everyone as it is a true outside sales position that requires a thick skin, a can-do attitude, and resilience.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to support your top-tier reps so they can continue to sell more each year.

Jun 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you sharing your experience as a tenured sales representative at Paycom.

"Don't Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 health care
    $4 catered lunches
    Your team turns into your family.
    Elaborate parties and theme weeks.
    Free gym on site if you actually use it.
    Fun company and culture.
    Recreational sports and leagues.

Cons

The compensation is less than sub par.
    If you are struggling at all you will start to drown because management or supervisors haven't properly trained you.
    You won't ever feel job security because of how high the turnover rate is.
    The way the management motivates is isn't exactly motivating.

Jul 7, 2017 – Representative

We strive to be an employer of choice, which means we are committed to the success of our employees, as their success ultimately drives our organization. Our compensation structure is highly... More

"I would recommend Paycom!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom is one of the only companies I have worked for that really treats their employees well in all aspects. Compensation is amazing, affordable benefits and the training is awesome. The management in the Cleveland office is very good and they really want their employees to succeed and are willing to assist in anyway possible. Another thing that really attracted me was the future that a rep can have with the company....Stock options, increase in base pay and the commission structure is crazy good. The Cleveland office has a team culture and each rep in the office is willing to stop what their doing to assist new reps get acclimated to the job. The only reason I am not with the company is because I had the opportunity of starting my dream business with family otherwise I would still be at Paycom. I would highly recommend Paycom!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I really cannot think of anything, they have done a good job with everything. Keep it up!

Jun 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We wish you success in your future endeavors.

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gym,Year end party,customer service week, a stable job, insurance. The leadership program is great. You have some negative people, complainers and people who are in the program that want to move up the ladder quick. Observe those employees whos not taking it seriously. Look at the person as a whole. See what kind of person they are and how they handle life.

Cons

Horrible vacation policy, over worked underpaid, turn over rate is high. Yes the company is growing, but I've seen quite of employees. Quit, get fired or demoted. Lack of diversity. Paycom only hires certain type of employees right out of college, No transferring to a new position in certain departments. A lot of leaders don't need to leaders. They need to be closely examined. No career paths for certain departments. Unequal work load with certain teams. You get the same pay with more work depending on what team you are on. The women and their short dresses and skirts are ridiculous, office drama. Low pay. Please work on the lunch menu. It was better when we had Savannah . Office drama and departments don't work too well with others.

Advice to Management

Be genuine

"Bitter/sweet"

Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - NCS in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (More than 5 years)

Pros

•Coworkers
    •The opportunity to have a job
    •The gym and classes
    •Cheap insurance
    •The $4 dollar lunches would be a pro. They bring the same disgusting lunches over and over.
    •The leadership program is AWESOME, but you guys have employees that are doing the leadership program and still have a very negative mindset, complainers, people who gossip and just unprofessional people who don't need to be leaders.
    •When a leader is promoted you should look at the person as a whole and not just certain qualities.
    •Depending on what department you work in, it could be a true win for you.

Cons

•There is absolutely no diversity here at Paycom. They prefer to hire a certain age group right out of college.
    •Alot of the leaders need more leadership training. Just because you give them the materials doesn't mean it will last. You need to see how all team leaders interact with their teams.
    •The turn over rate is extremely high. I've seen hundreds of employees quit and get fired. The company is growing but the turn over rate is extremely high!!!!
    •The work load is unequal. Certain teams have more revenue and more work while others have less. So the pay is the same for more work.
    •In some departments it's hard to transfer. Management doesn't like it.
    • A lot of high school drama
    •Very low pay for a lot of positions
    •Paycom does get new employees to write reviews when they haven't even been employeed long enough to know about what's going on or what has been going on with the company.
    •There are no career paths for some employees
    •All departments need better communication
    • Some teams and departments get to have more "fun" than others

Advice to Management

Really pay attention to all your leaders throughout Paycom and have a group of more diverse employees. Make opportunities and career paths fair for everyone. Just because a employee has a "lower position" than others. Doesn't mean they won't be a great leader or long term employee for Paycom.

Jul 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

It’s unfortunate to hear you are unsatisfied with your role. Regarding compensation, we have leveling-up programs that enable employees to increase their compensation by adding various tasks and... More