Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 50 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Grateful for success and stability"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom has seen tremendous, continuous success. Regardless what is happening in the economy or the labor market, there will always be employers that need technology to manage their workforce and get their people paid. Paycom has a great product in a recession-proof industry so it has been on an incredible upward growth track for years. For employees, it is exciting and provides a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Growing pains but they should be expected. Hiring, training, promoting is a constant challenge as is the ever-present construction at headquarters. But it's all happening for the betterment of the organization, its customers and employees.

Advice to Management

Manager training at all levels is more important than ever. There is a great program for would-be managers in LEAD but team leaders, directors, supervisors still need training and development opportunities as well to keep everyone rowing in the same direction.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback. We really do appreciate it!

"Paycom can give you a thriving career"

Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- TONS of room for growth. Paycom is huge on promoting from within, which is a major plus. For anyone who wants to achieve a lot in life and in their career, Paycom is the place to be.

- Our recruiters know how to hire great people! You'll find yourself surrounded by hard working, dedicated individuals. You know anyone you work with across all departments is going to pull their weight. You work with people who value a good work ethic.

- Leadership makes difficult decisions and takes action. It gets exhausting working for companies that don't trim necessary fat - Paycom is growing too quickly to keep individuals who are not major contributors.

- The community. Hard working, passionate people who care about their jobs = an incredible work environment like I've never seen before.

- Great benefits, learning opportunities, training, good PTO, monthly lunches, regular recognition, team building activities... I could go on!

- Leadership really listens to feedback (recently added another week of vacation time)

Cons

- Change is a constant. When you work for one of the fastest growing companies in the country, you have to continually grow and evolve. You have to work hard and think on your feet. The solution six months ago may not be the same today. But that's also why I love working for Paycom because I never stop learning and growing. Change can be hard, but it's also been the best thing for my career.

- Flexible schedules are much needed with the amount of congestion we cause at 8am and 5pm. Flexibility of just an hour will go a long way to accommodate employee's lifestyles and relieve the traffic burden.

- We do tend to hire younger people who haven't worked for very many companies. They're often young and hungry with big ideas (which is fantastic), but some run into sticker shock going from college to an 8-5. I think anyone entering the workforce for the first time is surprised by how much any employer expects from you. That problem is compounded by Paycom's rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Try flexible schedules. Test it with a 30 minute swing.

Hire more experienced/older individuals.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review, feedback and ideas!

"Paycom is great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom is a great company. The leadership is forward thinking and always encouraging us to stay on the cutting edge of the industry. There is ample training opportunity and new ideas are always welcome.

Cons

Parking and traffic sucks at the busy times, but that's any company in any decent size city. Get there a little early to beat the crowd and get a good spot.

Advice to Management

Some of the reviews on here have been bashing new direction and new processes, but that's business. The only constant in business is change. We trust your vision for the company, so keep on leading where you know Paycom needs to go.

"Get on the Green Rocket!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Accelerated career growth like no other
    • Learn from incredible leadership
    • Surround yourself with likeminded top notch professionals
    • Best in class product
    • Best in class comp plan
    • Stock Rewards
    • Presidents Club

Cons

• May not be a good fit for everyone
    • Not everybody gets a cookie
    • You will max out your 401K
    • You will max out your FICA Tax limit

Advice to Management

Keep the Rocket Ship fueled!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback with us.

"Been around"

Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at numerous places, have no college degree and have never been able to have the opportunities I've had here. Pay potential for someone like me isn't available unless you wanna be a roughneck. Culture is awesome. Benefits are great.

Cons

They hire a lot of young kids who are spoiled and complain and gossip. Wish they would hire more mature people.

Advice to Management

Hire more professional people and not 22 year olds that complain about EVERYTHING!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your are excited about the opportunities at Paycom. We hope you'll help us develop our younger professionals through your continued enthusiasm and... More

"Winning"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

From the people and culture to the benefits, Paycom is truly the best. This is an organization that thrives on a work-hard, play-hard atmosphere. If Paycom isn't the best at something, then the leadership team and employees come together to figure out how to be the best. Whether it is the software, processes development or earnings, Paycom has a strong history of winning. As a sales organization, they win and win with truth. Many competitors try to win business over us by slandering Paycom, but in the end that never works out well for the end consumer. I am proud to work for a company that is built on a foundation of winning with truth.

It is rewarding to work for a strong and profitable technology company that has supported me personally and professionally.

Cons

While the $1 healthcare is great for single coverage, it would be amazing if Paycom would subsidize more of the family healthcare aspect, but I understand this is a business and a profitable one at that.

Advice to Management

Continue to make changes when necessary and win with the truth. Never succumb those who take cheap shots. Continue transparent communication with your employees.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're happy to say that in the competitive HR tech industry, Paycom is focused on being the best we can be and supporting the success of our clients and... More

"Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time at Paycom so far. They really invest in and care for their employees, provide great benefits and work hard to maintain an outstanding company culture. I've worked multiple places and none of them come close to Paycom's culture. I especially love my department and co-workers. We make a great team and support one another. I'm very thankful to work here.

Cons

It's hard to think of any major cons. A recommendation for a future benefit is an on-site daycare. That would be a huge value add for employees!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We have excellent management that really puts their hearts into Paycom and it's truly inspiring.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and input! We appreciate it.

"NCS Specialist"

Current Employee - NCS Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - NCS Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, thorough training, great benefits.

Cons

Pay is low to start.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Listen to your staff"

Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - PSD in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lunch is cheap, benefits are cheap if you're single , and Compensation is the only thing keeping employees around for the year that people spend here on average before finding a more sane position elsewhere.

Cons

This place will induce daily panic attacks. Constantly micromanaged, they do not give you the tools and training to succeed. Almost every employee is completely burned out, and management is in the dark about day to day processes which leads to people leaving when they finally hit their breaking point. Or worse, you get canned for not hitting all of the impossible expectations.The processes change every two weeks, and the roll outs to the products once a month always break the system. For every development release, the phones goes insane with client calls complaining about said releases and how they do nothing but cause more problems and constant IT tickets. Get it? The clients are frustrated.

Client turnover and specialist turnover should be a sign that something is wrong. The expectation that the management has for the PSD department in particular is outlandish. No one can possibly reach the goals that are set, and we all know that if we hold off on a new process that it will eventually just dissipate. New hires are given clients off the bat, without adequate training which only results in clients that continually ask for someone who knows what they are doing and ultimately results in the clients lack of trust in Paycom. If a client ask for billing information on what they are actually purchasing, you get bombarded about why they need to know that and it can take a week to provide a client with a simple billing agreement. What are we hiding here?

This year end will be the worst one that I have encountered thus far. With the managements inability to lead, the lack of knowledge across all departments, and the CEOs vision of Paycom left in the dust.

I've heard about the days where this really was the best place to work, and yet now I dread working my 45+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They cannot take much more of this. This isn't growing pains, this is your company feeling as though they have to post anonymously on a third party website to be heard. What happened to when Chad would speak at company meetings? Why are company meetings now going to just be live streamed. Is it because you no longer want to put a face to the employees who work here?

"Paycom Perks"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have worked at Paycom for 5+ years and have enjoyed every minute! It's a great family and a positive atmosphere. I have witnessed much growth for sales and service associates alike. It's amazing to watch them become amazing representatives for the company.
    We have great benefits, a gym (with basketball courts, ping pong tables, exercise equipment, bootcamp, Zumba and yoga), $1 healthcare and catered lunches with a healthy option for a great cost.

Cons

traffic coming in and leaving campus

Aug 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!