Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 45 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 25 reviews)

"Worst company I have ever worked for!!"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive part of this job was my manager. She was an amazing mentor and was a top sales person for the company for 4 years. I learned a lot from her but in the end they fired her and our entire sales team.

Cons

No work/life balance. No job security. The upper management really doesn't care about you as a person and you're looked at as just a number. The way they came in and fired the entire office was appalling, especially since most of the sellers they fired had sold a substantial amount for the company.

Advice to Management

Understand that your sales people are human and not robots.

Mar 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re happy to hear that you connected positively with your manager. Our leadership team at Paycom is deeply committed to the organization and its employees. As ... More

"Avoid this company if you want an employer who values you"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gave them 2 stars because the technology is really good and proprietary. There are some nice people who work there and the base salary is good.

Cons

This company will lure you in with big money talks and a great base salary. They will tell you that you have to work your butt off for the payoff and they will constantly spit 6 figure salary and huge commission check stories down your throat. However, WARNING: they do not value you as an employee at all and they will fire you for any reason. I was fired with no notice and no options after I chose to be honest about a personal issue, and offered no options though I feel quite strongly the issue could have been resolved and I could have contributed a LOT to the team as a salesperson with a fantastic track record. I was offered no severance. Honestly, it was probably for the best because I could smell fishy all over that office... from the company conference calls trashing people who leave and mocking people who get fired to the office mysteriously needing to change the alarm code all the time because of people "leaving". I'm sure the longer I was there the more red flags would have come up... seriously, at every turn there was some kind of comment about someone getting fired or quitting... Just be aware that they will fire you for any reason--and this does include your sales performance. They want you to make $100k deals and if you don't... boy bye. Trust me, the $70K base salary and the pep talks are NOT worth it.

Advice to Management

You are so pumped up about your product and the opportunity, so how about you value employees? Surely you'll make more money if you actually developed talent and improved retention. Oh, and let go of your grudge with ADP. Capitalism = competition and Paycom would not even exist if it weren't for ADP.

Feb 9, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback. It’s unfortunate that your experience with Paycom is not what you hoped it would be. While we can’t speak specifically to your situation, we do value our employees and ... More

"Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Just working there in general is a pro. Everyone is positive and helpful all of the time. They care very much about their employees and go out of their way to make them want to come to work. If you want to be promoted 9 times out of 10 your TL will help you get to where you want to be. Nothing but good things to say.

Cons

There is not a thing that is bad.

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

"Eleven years of greatness"

Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have consulted and worked at 4 other payroll/HCM firms before being at Paycom, and consulted at numerous other financial firms in the mortgage and insurance industry as well. Once I met the ownership and leadership years ago, I knew this was the place I'd want to work for while building a life and building a family.

In 11 years now, both in Dallas and Oklahoma City, Paycom leadership has never let me down. Not once. There's something to be said for that.

The opportunities both to grow and to wear different "hats" inside the organization continually come. Those with a good work ethic and a good business sense are rewarded well, and rewarded on many fronts. I can actually and fully respect my peers here... and fully respect those in high leadership.

The environment is one of collaboration, hearing out ideas, making work fun, encouraging/rewarding innovation, and celebrating diversity.

Cons

Overall, none. Sometimes it seems as though there are a lot of younger hires that get upset that they cannot be promoted numerous times in their first year or two - that is just not realistic.

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're so happy you're happy!

"Life changing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible training and continued opportunity for development, average income for sales rep is 289k, inspiring leadership, overall great environment for those willing to work very, very hard.

Cons

Very challenging job and not a lot of time off your first year but it's all worth it for the insane amounts of money we make and the career experience we gain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work!

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Too good to be true"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay listen up people. If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is. In order to make the hundreds of thousands of dollars the recruiter and manager tell you about, you'll have to sell your soul first.

On to the pros...
    I had some really great coworkers.
    The culture is not for most people, but if you fit in then you can succeed and do very well for yourself.
    The product itself is great.

Cons

Where do I begin...
    - Micromanagement, constant texts/ emails/ calls from managers about progress every morning, afternoon, and evening
    - Inexperienced middle management - they promote people that aren't ready to be managers and then just fire them when they're not performing. My FIRST WEEK my manager tried to catch me in a lie and accused me of gossiping about coworkers - which was not true. When I said it wasn't true, my manager tried to get me to throw other coworkers under the bus. I felt like I was in high school again.
    - If a sales person isn't performing they treat you like actual garbage and borderline verbal abuse. I honestly don't know how they get away with treating people the way they do.
    - There is no work life balance. It is only work. You will work long hours and you will not get vacation time. Working 60 hours was expected - you will eventually be fired if you don't comply. I've seen them respond to reviews saying that this isn't an expectation, but I assure you it 100% is. I was working 12+ hour days.
    - Sales people regularly cry in the office or have anxiety attacks.
    - They "encourage" sales people to write good reviews about the job. I was asked multiple times to write a good review, but couldn't do it with a good conscience.
    - They aren't trying to invest in long-term employees. They are turn and burn. If you underperform once, you're out. If you say 'hi' to the egotistical upper management the wrong way, you're out.
    - No job security. Management uses scare tactics to motivate.
    - If you go back and read reviews from literally YEARS ago (2010), sales people have been saying the exact same thing and NOTHING has changed. That should be an indicator of how well this company takes feedback.

Advice to Management

Join the 21st century. Treat people like people.

Mar 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate you took the time to share your feedback with us. We’re proud of the successful culture we have established at Paycom, which is committed to innovation and best-in-class technology and ... More

8. "Overall great place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Welcoming environment, love their employees, lunch on site, dedicated to helping everyone reach success, great benefits offered

Cons

Would have preferred a job description when starting out, less pay than some estimates project, small annual raises, lack of communication from management

Advice to Management

Communication is key. lack of availability to your staff is an issue. Return emails when you can, and show up to scheduled meetings- or at least decline your invites

Feb 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. Every position at Paycom has a job description on our website when the job opening is posted and we definitely want people to know what their job duties are. We wish you the ... More

"Great company, long work days"

Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - ACA Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great people, TONS of opportunity to grow

Cons

Very corporate environment, you can get fired at the drop of a hat with no reprimand first, high stress environment

Jan 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We would like to clarify that while the circumstances around an employee termination may vary, Paycom believes in working with employees who may be struggling. Employee ... More

"Its an okay company."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If i show up and do my job, I receive a paycheck.

Cons

The culture is very cult like so anything negative said will get you a write up or cause you to be an outcast.

Alot of the time you do more than your are compensated (pay is terrible compared to stress level)

Advice to Management

It would be nice if paycom was more accepting of criticism. Its not a perfect company. My job shouldn't be on the line for voicing faults with the company.

Feb 9, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your candor. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are disappointed that you don’t feel as if your voice is heard. We strive to be an company open to constructive feedback ... More

"Exceptional if you work hard"

Pros

Fantastic opportunities financially especially compared to what young people normally get shortly out of school. Really great coworkers who channel their competiveness outside of the company and foster collaboration with their team.

Cons

Long hours because you project manage the implementation as well as holding all sales responsibilities, but you're compensated fairly for the time you put in, particularly as you progress upwards.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing in regards to how you treat your employees, but make sure you are market aware. You're now a generation off of being new and need to continue to innovate to block the next generation of competition.

Jan 10, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback!