Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 59 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 32 reviews)

"Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On campus dining, large on campus gym, excellent benefits including: PTO, health insurance and retirement plans

Cons

The work is challenging, but you are rewarded for your efforts.

Sep 12, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Great place to call home."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Paycom is great. Everyone feels valued for the work they do because the company goes out of their way to create an environment that is very employee-centric. Between the leadership building and constant training everyone has the opportunity to be their best selves everyday and they are rewarded for it. The culture here is second-to-none and coming to work every day is something I look forward to.

The work itself is pretty straightforward and if you're willing to learn and follow the process, you'll do very well here! Also, they really love getting feedback. If you have an idea to make something better or easier and/or have constructive criticism, they love to hear it.

Cons

The hours can be a challenge if you're not prepared for them. There are certain times when there is more work than can be accomplished by the number of people on hand and you will find your plate very full. You will need to find a work/life balance that works for you. Also, be prepared to hit the gym (we have one on campus!) because it's easy to gain a few pounds with all the events and activities on top of sitting 8+ hours a day.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback from your employees! You're doing a great job and we appreciate the culture and opportunity to grow personally and professionally. One way to do this might be to reevaluate the compensation structure so that all the departments are on a more even level.

Oct 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and your feedback!

"Great place to work, with an amazing enviornment!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has incredible benefits. Not only does it have great medical, dental, stock options, etc., it also gives you the ability to work up quickly within the company. Within 8 months of working here, I was promoted, which goes to show how your hard work, and their growth, goes a long way.

The people here are amazing, and Paycom does many things to ensure that our morale is high, and their people are taken care of. I highly recommend working here!

I forgot to mention, there are $4.00 catered lunches, and a free gym membership at our Paycom gym!!!!

Cons

The gym could use some powerlifting equipment, but ultimately, who can complain about a free gym membership?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and fighting for your people! You're doing a great job!

Oct 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're glad to know you enjoy the gym and please be sure to share your feedback about the equipment with HR.

"The Truth"

Current Employee - Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management cares and invests in me both "personally" and professionally. They help me grow and be better.

Leadership passes recognition to me for the work I do. Thanks for not taking the credit. =o)

Paycom offers me the opportunity to advance based on "performance", not seniority. I like that I can be what I want based on the value I create.

Cons

Everyone moves at a fast pace. There's constant growth which requires "change". Change is sometimes hard, but necessary to accomplish BIG goals. You have to be open to change.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. It's working and thank you.

Aug 10, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience!

"High Growth Potential for the Taking"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After having worked in the oil and gas industry for a number of years, I love working for a company with true job stability and growth potential. As an organization, Paycom’s executive team has high expectations and with those comes great benefits. My department has overseen a number of changes since I joined the organization and I understand how change can be challenging for some, but as an organization that is growing at 30-plus percent, change is imminent. With change comes opportunity. Opportunity to enhance our internal and external technology. Opportunity to create new departments or improve processes. Those who rise to the occasion when life is challenging are typically those you see at the top. It takes perseverance and determination to be successful and Paycom is quick to reward employees who demonstrate these characteristics.

With a market cap of over $4 billion, Paycom is also quick to give back to its employees, allowing my family to travel the country on vacation and pay off vehicles.The gym, catered lunches, perks and benefits are all top-notch and something you’d expect from a technology company on the west coast.

Cons

I appreciate the $1 health care for myself, but would love to have subsidized insurance for my dependents.

Sep 12, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

6. "Current full time Paycom employee"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Paycom for 4 years and still enjoy coming to work. We do work hard and stay busy, but I would much rather be busy and have that job security than not. They reward us for our hard work by making sure we have a fun culture, and they do a great job at it. We have an onsite gym where they bring in professional fitness companies to run classes, $4 catered lunches, $1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more. They also invest a lot in learning and growing their employees professionally. I have pushed myself harder than I ever thought I would here, and have been rewarded for it. The management in my department gives clear goals and vision, and we know exactly what we need to do to further our career here.

Cons

We do work a lot of overtime in my department during certain parts of the year, and it's like that in other departments as well. However, they make this clear in your interview so it's not a surprise and honestly I don't really mind it because I like to work and enjoy the extra money every few months!

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Attorney
    Current Employee - Compliance Attorney

I have been working at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

In such a fast growing company, the opportunities are endless. Within 1.5 years of being at Paycom, I’ve been promoted to the leader of a team.

Cons

I have no cons for Paycom

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 employee contribution to heath care plan , great culture, leadership development. inexpensive lunch with a healthy option

Cons

No Flextime, daytime hours only.

Advice to Management

Investigate staggering shift and flextime

"Amazing company!!!"

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel appreciated. The job can be stressful, but not once have I woke up dreading going to work. I have been with the company for 4 years. That is how I know the environment at Paycom is worth doing the required work.

Cons

I live very far away and sometimes when I get home its so late I do not get to spend time with my kids. But I chose to move there after working at Paycom, so it is not really considered a con...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I know the company is getting larger and some things have had to change to accommodate that, but that is okay! If the morale stays as positive as it always has been, then that is all that matters.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your positive attitude!

"A great place to grow"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one Paycom has challenged me to reach for my full potential professionally. I love how there are always opportunities to grow and excel at the job you do. During the application process, the recruiters worked personally with me to ensure I interviewed for a position that best fit my skill set and passions.

Cons

A con is having to sit for prolonged periods. There is the option to request a stand up desk with a doctor's note. I plan to get this arranged in the near future.

Advice to Management

I am thankful to have such a great group of people to work with daily that challenge me to continue to grow and develop professionally in my career. Thank you for making this a reality. I came from working as a teacher and was nervous I would struggle with not feeling like I belong in the corporate world. Paycom has a place for everyone and is constantly growing in nearly every department.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. Please contact HR regarding your work station and standing desk. We will share your feedback with the management team.