Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 28 reviews)

"Overall, great company to work for!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at Paycom long, but it really is a great place to learn and grow. They really make an effort to make sure that you never feel bored in your position. There are constantly training classes and opportunities for you to grow in both your personal and professional life. The lunch, freebies, and benefits are all great as well.

Cons

In my department, it seems as though they do more outside hiring, rather than hiring from within. They want everyone to stay in their specific position for a given amount of time. If they are over qualified for the position, and others open up that they have been told they would be a good fit for, instead of hiring from within, with people that know the positions well, they hire under qualified people from the outside. Though I'm sure they have their reasons for doing this, it seems flawed.

Advice to Management

Perhaps the hiring and recruiting people should communicate more with departments that they are hiring for. If there are several people that are overqualified and would be a good fit for the position, why not go ahead and move them?

May 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Regarding other opportunities within the company, employees may view those through the Employee Self-Service portal under Internal Job Postings.

"Paycom is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Paycom for more than 3 years. The HR activities, swag, free gym, leadership and continued education are all perks at Paycom. They really care about the happiness of their employees and it shows through the various activities throughout the year.

Cons

The time off and sick leave are lacking.The healthcare is only $1 a pay period, but I'd rather pay more and have better coverage.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and readjust leaders where needed.

Apr 25, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the management team.

"This company takes care of employees."

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in El Reno, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in El Reno, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion, they have the best trainers and learning software. Employees seem very kind and helpful. They work hard. The buildings are very modern and updated. Top notch security. Free coffee drinks and hot chocolate. Fountain drinks are free during lunch and all day during special days. They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only $4. There's the hearty meal or you can choose the healthier option. They have a beautiful courtyard. Huge gym with workout equipment, yoga, basketball, volleyball, Zumba, and ping pong. They dress professionally but jeans are allowed on jean week and on Fridays. They are always doing things to make employees happy. It is a fun and positive work environment. They have several parties a year. They have been known to be one of the best places to work in Oklahoma.

Cons

None yet, but a child care facility might be a good idea for them. Everyone is very upbeat and organized.

Apr 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing more about what we offer employees!

"Not a chance I would ever reveal that information unless I wanted to look for another job immediately."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cheap insurance, nice gym. Some Directors. If you are C-suite bonuses are terrific! Wish I could truthfully write 20 words or more.

Cons

Horrible Team Leaders and supervisors but what can you expect from people who's only other employment was at minimum wage jobs or fresh out of college. Don't get me wrong I am all for boosting employment rates but do you really think anyone with any corporate, life or management experience would respect those choices. I will acknowledge there is probably some great potential at Paycom but currently there is so much discord, constant chaos and zero transparency. Seriously most days I am not sure who supervises me. The only constant is change, which can be good but in this case your change is a downward spiral. Paycom has gone from a decent place to work to a breeding ground for acceptable bad behavior. Great workers are looking, mediocre workers will stay because they think they have no other choice and the Managers will continue to strut around like they are something special and are untouchable. Well we've all witnessed this can only last for a while until you too become disposable. Can you say demotion, termination? You have turned what could have been truly one of the premier companies in the industry to a building full of mistrust, micromanaging minions. I am not a disgruntled employee but a truthful, honest, hardworking employee who still has some hope, ethics and integrity left.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Start to build a better, stronger and ethical company. Your reward will be loyalty, support and a company you and your employees can be proud of. Start by knocking the chip off some of the managers shoulders, it really doesn't promote respect. Rise to the challenge and do the right thing. HR please don't send a canned response because unfortunately your department and hotline are the last place anyone would turn to. I get that you want cheap labor and are concerned about the bottom line, not to mention the excess funds help line your pockets very nicely but that sometimes comes at an even higher price. Do you want Cadillacs or Kia's? Right now you've got some serious car trouble.

Apr 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Your candid feedback has been received and sent to members of our senior management team. You mentioned your reluctance to use the anonymous hotline and we wish we had the opportunity to learn why... More

"Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Capital Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

great salary, constant development, surrounded by motivated individuals

Cons

You get what you give-- hours may be longer than most sales jobs, but the end result is worth it

Advice to Management

none- great career

Mar 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Worst place to work in OKC"

Current Employee - Paycom Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, catered lunch, on sight gym

Cons

hours, oversight by management, horrible training, horrible leaders

Advice to Management

stop looking over your employees shoulders and stop expecting the world out of your young staff

Apr 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re committed to making the company an employer of choice and invest considerable resources into employee training and development as well as fostering a work hard, play hard culture. As a current... More

"What an awesome first day!!"

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Today was my first day and i can already tell I am going to have a great career and future here. When i arrived i had a special parking spot just for me. When i was brought into the orientation room i had a spot at a table with my name on it. The reason i feel comfortable with Paycom is i can tell that this company values it's employees which in turn means their clients/customers will be given top notch customer service and a smooth payroll processing system. I am very blessed and fortunate to be apart of this great workforce and can't wait to become an asset!

Cons

I did not encounter any issues and do not plan to, from what i have been told by current and former employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Everything was thorough and well organized.

Feb 28, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience at Paycom! We hope you will continue to share your feedback and are excited to have you as a member of the team.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good company to start your career as a software developer. Teams as efficiently managed by skilled managers and people really have great subject knowledge here.

Cons

Work hours are strict, would appreciate if they were flexible.

Advice to Management

None

Mar 8, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your review and the feedback!

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the most amazing company with exceptional leaders. There is plenty of growth opportunity and they compensate you very highly. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Paycom. I am unbelievably grateful to work here.

Cons

I do not have anything even remotely negative to say about Paycom.

Advice to Management

None.

Feb 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Paycom.

"Eleven years of greatness"

Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager - Programming & Data Sciences in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have consulted and worked at 4 other payroll/HCM firms before being at Paycom, and consulted at numerous other financial firms in the mortgage and insurance industry as well. Once I met the ownership and leadership years ago, I knew this was the place I'd want to work for while building a life and building a family.

In 11 years now, both in Dallas and Oklahoma City, Paycom leadership has never let me down. Not once. There's something to be said for that.

The opportunities both to grow and to wear different "hats" inside the organization continually come. Those with a good work ethic and a good business sense are rewarded well, and rewarded on many fronts. I can actually and fully respect my peers here... and fully respect those in high leadership.

The environment is one of collaboration, hearing out ideas, making work fun, encouraging/rewarding innovation, and celebrating diversity.

Cons

Overall, none. Sometimes it seems as though there are a lot of younger hires that get upset that they cannot be promoted numerous times in their first year or two - that is just not realistic.

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're so happy you're happy!