Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated December 5, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 41 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for growth (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

"Paycom #Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Paycom for 5 years now. Paycom offers a very rewarding career with endless opportunities, good pay, and benefit options. It is fun to be part of a company that is fast paced and growing so quickly. This place is more than just corporate, concrete buildings; it’s a home away from home. Paycom excels at treating their employees like family. They host many employee and family events that keep you excited to wake up and come to work. I am truly Paycom proud.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Nov 21, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and for being a part of the Paycom team!

2. "Amazing Internship Program"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Paycom as an intern

Pros

Working at Paycom as a sales intern over the last 6 months was the best decision I have made as an aspiring young profesional. If you are interested in pursuing a career in sales, the Paycom internship program will serve as the best training you could ever recieve.

The people are great. The culture is second to none. I would recomend this internship to anybody who is higly motivated and results driven.

Cons

No cons- but if you are not highly motivated, you will not succeed in this sales role.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Best opportunity"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Right from day 1, I feel like I can make a difference in the organization. Paycom takes pride in taking care of their employees by rewarding them with some of the nicest dinners, developing their potential by expensing leadership books, and providing the resources they need to be successful. They're proactive with change and take feedback on a regular basis from their employees about everything, and take action in a quick and timely manner. I fully believe in the product itself truly helps different businesses, as well as the service we provide. With that being said, I understand why we are growing faster than Amazon and Facebook according to Forbes. It's also motivating to be a part of a team that has drive and works so hard. This is one of the greatest opportunities and so glad I'm a part of it!

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. They're very proactive and responsive in case there is any feedback so thanks Paycom!

Advice to Management

On the right track. Keep it up!

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience!

"Paycom's Internship program/New Sales Rep"

Current Intern - Intern in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Intern - Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycom as an intern

Pros

There is so much that I can personally write here. The bottom line: If you get offered the chance to do this internship, TAKE IT. I learned more in the 8 weeks with paycom than I did in over 2.5 years with the several other companies I interned/CoOp for. If you work hard, you will get acknowledged, you are appreciated. I love how Paycom has a team environment, but is still very competitive. The internship program contains a weekly competition that helps you develop skills, and provides you a platform to create a name for yourself.
    I can't recommend this internship program enough. I would take this internship over P&G, Apple, Amazon, any company, you name it. Paycom showed that they valued me, and I see that they value others constantly. During the internship training you will get to do Q&A's with top executives. My regional and city manager made themselves readily available to me. At any time I could ask anyone a question and assistance would be offered. They truly care about the success of you as a person. Don't waste an opportunity to work for the 2nd fastest growing company in 2017!

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con, but there is A LOT of cold calling. You will find out right away if this is a career you want or not. However the key here is to just have thick skin and trust the process.

Also you will be calling upon high level executives. It takes a bit of time to put together the knowledge and understanding of Paycoms system and how it helps specific roles such as CFO's, COO's, and HR directors. Again just trust the process, sponge it up, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Also if you happen to find out sales isn't for you, I know they have helped transition people into other roles that were more suited for them.

Truly the only negative that isn't a growing/learning pain: For being such a high level technology company, reps should really be provided with iPads.

Advice to Management

Keep improving boardroom Friday! It's already great but maybe get some more role plays in, Q/A's, etc.

Nov 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the enthusiastic and thoughtful review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed it and learned from it. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the management team.

"Paycom Part-Time Internship Program"

Current Intern - Junior Executive Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Intern - Junior Executive Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my semester as a Paycom Junior Executive Sales Intern. Being able to get relative sales experience while going to school is amazing. I have had several internships but I have not learned nearly as much at those places compared to Paycom. I feel like my plate is always full as an intern, as there is always relevant and productive work to complete that helps the team. I have really enjoyed the new "Boardroom Friday" intern competition where you present a topic against several other intern teams to the higher ups in Paycom.

The positivity within the office, atleast in the Cincinnati office is unbelievable. Everyone is pushing each other to do their best and sell their next deal in a competitive but friendly manner.

The experience you get is exactly what you want from a sales internship. The daily routines ranged from prospecting, to calling on prospects, to shadowing sales calls, to making creative gifts to send to prospects, and working as a team with other interns for "Boardroom Friday."

Cons

One thing that I would like to see in the internship going forward is having a little more time in the first week to learn more about the sales process, and the software. It is something that is definitely learned throughout the process, but the first few weeks I felt confused when talking about the software.

I also think it would be incredibly beneficial to have laptops / tablets instead of just the desktop computer. After all, Paycom is a technology company and utilizing technology in sales calls would help us stand out from the competition as well as the obvious benefits of being able to have information on the go.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing Board Room Friday! This is the perfect form of intercompany competition. After all, this is a sales internship and being able to present and sell against other interns to upper management is a valuable skill all interns can benefit from.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your positive and constructive review! We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with the management team.

"Sales Intern"

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is amazing, all of the reps are so friendly and fun. Very lively, positive office. Management is extremely invested in creating an internship program that emphasizes growth, and learning. Lots of room for growth and opportunities for post internship employment. Such a fun office that also pushes you to work hard and improve as a salesperson!

Cons

High expectations can sometimes make balancing school and work difficult

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback. We definitely believe in a work hard, play hard culture.

"Paycom Perks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have worked at Paycom for 5+ years and have enjoyed every minute! It's a great family and a positive atmosphere. I have witnessed much growth for sales and service associates alike. It's amazing to watch them become amazing representatives for the company.
    We have great benefits, a gym (with basketball courts, ping pong tables, exercise equipment, bootcamp, Zumba and yoga), $1 healthcare and catered lunches with a healthy option for a great cost.

Cons

traffic coming in and leaving campus

Aug 14, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"PAYCOM WORK PLACE #1"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is such an amazing company to work for. The Culture, Atmosphere and growth potential is substantial. I wake up every day with drive and excitement to get to work. I would highly recommend this as a Career for any person I run across.

Cons

The only thing I can put here is the Child care option. It would be amazing if PAYCOM had a child care center on campus.

Advice to Management

Constant feedback whether good or bad is crucial.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear how excited you are to work at Paycom and will share your feedback with the management team.

"My Paycom Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Paycom three years as of December, one of my college classmates referred me to Paycom. I was working at a bank and just couldn't see any growth opportunity. Paycom offers so many growth opportunities in every department. As well as personal growth, I joined a company that wanted to not only see me grow professional, but personal too. I have been a part of our LEAD program and learn more about the company and about myself as Leader. The culture as Paycom is different from any company I have every worked for. Our culture is what makes us different from everyone in business. We strive on helping our customers, and serving each other.

Cons

Honestly, Paycom is truly remarkable.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're so happy that your college classmate referred you to us.

10. "Paycom Intern Review"

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere
    High speed work environment
    Excellent leadership
    Compensation

Cons

Work-life balance
    Paycom is not for those who are not willing to put in the time, but it does pay off ten fold

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience!