Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 28 reviews)

"Great Company Great Pay"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay salary is very competitive coming out of college. It is $50,000 per year plus commission. The company is also very competitive in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of other then the typical cons of any sales job such as continuous cold calling.

"Working for Paycom, has been an rewarding process, not only as a team, but as an individual as well."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro's for working for Paycom is that this company gives you the tools in order for you to be successful! Therefore, with their team atmosphere, and team oriented model, a person is bound to be successful from their drive and determination from within!

Cons

As for me, I have not seen any flaws while working at Paycom. This company is well developed, giving one another, advice or help along the way. No job is going to be easy, therefore as a dedicated person who wants to be successful; Paycom is the company for you! The Training, the managers, everything is well developed helping you as person become better by making sure you are equipped with what you need to exceed!

Advice to Management

Overall, I believe our management team is excellent! If it was not for them and their advice along the way, it would be hard to really grow as a company unlike we have today. They have set the standards and goals with in each office, giving us as sales representatives the drive and determination we need in order to succeed and be successful within the company.

"Paycom is a great company based in OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

Cons

Family health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically.
    Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management.
    The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Advice to Management

Be honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

"Hard work pays off here!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I decide how much money I make!
    - Great environment, management, and benefits!
    - We have an amazing product!
    - Love it!

Cons

- Long interview process.
    - Hard work, but it pays off big time $$$

Advice to Management

Please continue to be support and amazing!

"Opportunity and Career Growth"

Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Paycom has been a blessing as Paycom is a company on the move. Paycom recently broke ground on an addition to its state-of-the-art headquarters and is a seven year Inc. 500 honoree - awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the country.

Personally, I have grown by leaps and bounds as a professional during my seven month career and know there is unlimited career mobility with Paycom so long as I continue to work hard and add value to the company.

The management team at Paycom is exceptional. They do a wonderful job of bench-marking the success of their employees and showing everyone the big picture. At meetings management details how its employees are vital to the success of the company and with everyone working together Paycom can and will continue to be the fastest-growing Payroll and Human Capital company in the nation.

Additionally, there are a number of great leaders that are passionate about making the company culture the envy of the state. The company's annual Year End Party - thrown to honor the hard work of employees and success of the company - distinguishes Paycom from any other business. It is experience that will never be forgotten.

Cons

It takes time to accrue vacation and sick time.

"It Keeps Getting Better"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere at Paycom is amazing. It feels like I am truly appreciated for the work I do, and I'm not just a number. I honestly love what I do because I have a variety of duties that are all different, so it's not the same thing everyday! Paycom allows so mych opportunity for advancement. Since I have been at Paycom, I have been privelaged enough to see many people receive promotions, even within my own department. Lastly, Paycom has an amazing training program that allows you to tremendously grow as a professional.

Cons

It takes a little while to build up vacation time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your support allows not only individuals but also the company to grow each and every day.

"Amazing work environment!!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom has a phenomenal work environment. Every one within the company is determined to make Paycom the best in our industry and each employee thrives to be better than the day before. The training department offers various classes each week to help you not only grow as a professional, but as a person. There are also four dollar lunches daily that are catered in from a restaurant... How could you not love that?

Cons

It takes a while to build up sick days and vacation.

"Challenging but worth it"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible earning potential, mentally challenging, constantly learning and growing. The environment has become very supportive as the company has grown. The company continues to develop great systems that serve real needs in the business community.

Cons

Like anything worth accomplishing in life success here does not come without difficulty, challenges, and its fair share of disappointments. Not for you if you aren't mentally tough.

Advice to Management

Keep driving development. Keep supporting and growing your reps.

"Great company and fantastic culture!"

Pros

I have worked in the public sector and private sector, in small government and with the Fortune 100 and I can honestly say that Paycom has one of the best corporate cultures I have ever seen. Leadership is always present and supportive, there is a competitive nature in a positive way, and everyone from the janitor to the CFO is encouraged to come to work each day to produce and "Play like a Champion". To add to this there are fantastic benefits and pay for those who are willing to put in the time and come in each day with their game face on.

Cons

At times the parking situation at corporate HQ is cramped...but since it is due to company growth I will take it over the opposite any day of the week.

Advice to Management

None this is a great corporate structure

"I smile every time I look at my paycheck."

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to be a 'recognized' part of a rapidly growing company that has the infrastructure in place to be the best that I can be. My skills are improved, I have the support of the company and most importantly, I smile every time I look at my paycheck. I am part of a young, fast moving, energetic, & innovative business model. If you want to reach the stars, all you need to do is apply yourself. Great training, marketing support, all the resources an aspiring sales person needs to be successful.

Cons

The onsite gym is at our headquarters location in Oklahoma

Advice to Management

Make some room, I am climbing the corporate ladder!

Paycom Response

Aug 20, 2013 – Representative

Thank you for telling others about your experience. You are testament that hard work pays big dividends at Paycom.