Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated December 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 41 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for growth (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

"Paycom invests in their employees."

Current Employee - Client Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Client Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the best company I have ever worked for. They will invest in you more than any other company will.

Cons

I have no cons. If you want an amazing company to be apart of and are willing to work hard, Paycom will give you the world.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We love hearing Paycom is the best company you have ever worked for.

"Best opportunity"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Right from day 1, I feel like I can make a difference in the organization. Paycom takes pride in taking care of their employees by rewarding them with some of the nicest dinners, developing their potential by expensing leadership books, and providing the resources they need to be successful. They're proactive with change and take feedback on a regular basis from their employees about everything, and take action in a quick and timely manner. I fully believe in the product itself truly helps different businesses, as well as the service we provide. With that being said, I understand why we are growing faster than Amazon and Facebook according to Forbes. It's also motivating to be a part of a team that has drive and works so hard. This is one of the greatest opportunities and so glad I'm a part of it!

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. They're very proactive and responsive in case there is any feedback so thanks Paycom!

Advice to Management

On the right track. Keep it up!

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience!

"Good"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Work Culture, Good Technology to learn

Cons

No Fun at work place other than work. No flexible work hours

Advice to Management

Please make sure that employees are given flexible work hours.

Nov 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re glad you enjoyed the work culture and technology. Paycom does embrace a work hard, play hard mentality in our culture. While “work” is definitely the bulk of the job, we do like to have fun... More

"My Paycom Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Paycom three years as of December, one of my college classmates referred me to Paycom. I was working at a bank and just couldn't see any growth opportunity. Paycom offers so many growth opportunities in every department. As well as personal growth, I joined a company that wanted to not only see me grow professional, but personal too. I have been a part of our LEAD program and learn more about the company and about myself as Leader. The culture as Paycom is different from any company I have every worked for. Our culture is what makes us different from everyone in business. We strive on helping our customers, and serving each other.

Cons

Honestly, Paycom is truly remarkable.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're so happy that your college classmate referred you to us.

"PAYCOM WORK PLACE #1"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is such an amazing company to work for. The Culture, Atmosphere and growth potential is substantial. I wake up every day with drive and excitement to get to work. I would highly recommend this as a Career for any person I run across.

Cons

The only thing I can put here is the Child care option. It would be amazing if PAYCOM had a child care center on campus.

Advice to Management

Constant feedback whether good or bad is crucial.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear how excited you are to work at Paycom and will share your feedback with the management team.

"Love working for Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot of leadership skills that helps boost my career

Cons

Very fast paced environment. Be prepared to learn fast.

Nov 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Best Company Culture"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

In the short time since I joined the company, I have learned so much. I am consistently learning every day. Paycom does a great job of investing in its employees and enhancing their professional growth. On top of that, the company culture is one you can't beat. Great benefits, lunch and campus amenities. Paycom takes care of its employees' needs while inspiring them to be the best they can be.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Nov 2, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it.

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Pacyom is very fast-paced, so work is never boring. The compensation is fair and senior leadership invests in the growth of employees! There is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Because it is very fast-paced, it's not a fit for everyone!

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Honestly a real great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Really listen to their employees
    - Its not perfect but they are always trying to find ways to be better
    - Young and full of growth. I've been here for a year and a half and everyone from my original team has been promoted... besides me. I have moved around on teams finding more and more opportunities to grow.
    -At the end of the day life isn't perfect

Cons

Growing pains, like I said above its not perfect so there are a few growing pains

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Paycom Employment Review"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom, as a whole, values innovation and hard work. For anyone looking to find a solid place to work in the OKC Metro area, you won't find a place with more opportunity to grow in an ever-changing environment. The potential for longterm financial success is very feasible for those willing to go after it.

Cons

While some executive leaders are truly good as gold, it is apparent that other executive leaders are in the wrong position. This can be seen by how they use their subordinates to accomplish projects that make the leader appear to be creating value for the company. It lays a foundation for a lack of creativity and stifles well-equipped subordinates from advancement in the name of self-preservation. This also contributes to a culture that does not value input, but execution and frowns on honesty from the employee perspective since it could damage leaders' appearances. Additionally, the lengths that leadership goes to protect other leaders in the wrong position is detrimental to those in the departments they lead and ultimately the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to seek outside hires with advanced experience in upper management roles since promoting inexperienced leaders too fast leads to dissatisfied/overworked employees and poor employee retention/high employee turnover.

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. Constructive feedback is important to Paycom's continued growth, innovation and success and select departments are developing new feedback methods. We will... More