Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 50 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Honeymoon Phase"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Paycom for almost 3 years now and I can say that I still enjoy coming to work everyday. The excitement for my job is still there. That's almost unheard of. You usually have the "honeymoon phase" with a job where you are blind to the warts. I have to say, the honeymoon phase here isnt a phase. This company is incredible. If you work hard and do your job, the sky is limit.

Cons

the Benefits aren't the greatest and the Healthcare is expensive for what you actually get

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you enjoy coming to work everyday. We will be sure to share your feedback with the management team.

"So glad I took this job"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I feel safe inside the gates of Paycom. The people are friendly and professional, the security staff are helpful and the traffic isn't as bad I had anticipated. Each department is different, but I have only had positive experiences here. I feel I have job security, room for growth and my opinions are valued and appreciated. The company seems to value all of their employees opinions, as they doubled our paid vacation time! The gym is really nice, and the classes they offer for free are also great.

Cons

The company is still going through some growing pains, but it's all moving in the right direction! I wish they would give out holiday bonuses, profit shares, and have healthier food options.

Advice to Management

In modeling after some of the best companies in the country, it would be nice to see Paycom pay more attention to their environmental impact and implement a recycling program and replace the Styrofoam products with biodegradable products.

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We're glad you took the job too! Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience and we will be sure to share your feedback with the management team.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have witnessed Paycom's growth over the past several years and I'm very impressed with the company and the opportunities. I have seen many people quickly promoted in their current roles and many others promoted into leadership positions. If you want the opportunity to grow with a company that is growing, then Paycom is the answer.

Cons

A fast paced growth environment is not for everyone. However, the best and brightest thrive here.

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience!

"Paycom is a great, stable and forward-thinking place to work with room to become even better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thanks to the company's emphasis on building an employee first culture, the work environment is empowering.

The health insurance plan options are a nice perk.

The people at Paycom are genuinely great to work with.

The organization is stable and appears to be on track to become an industry leader in the HR Tech industry. The jobs security feels great.

Cons

Despite pushing for an employee-first culture, there's a notable lack of PTO and flexible work options.

Even though leadership is generally supportive of taking ideas, there are notable limitations. Senior leadership can sometimes be slow to address the feedback or ideas voiced by employees.

Advice to Management

There are employees at Paycom who like it so much that they want to make it better. Don't burn out those employees. Continue offering more flexible time off options and work opportunities.

For senior leadership, when issues or concerns are brought to light by your people, especially your experts who bring years of outside experience to their role, give them a platform to voice their concerns and take their ideas seriously. Don't be afraid to identify an area of weakness within the organization in order to overcome it and grow.

Continue to challenge yourself to learn more about this industry than just what your competitors are doing.

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your solution oriented feedback and will be sure to share it with the management team.

"My team is my family"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is such an exciting place to work! We have amazing opportunities, great perks and wonderful community. We re doing beneficial and meaningful work that helps businesses across the nation succeed. I love Paycom and I look forward to continuing to build my career here.

Cons

Traffic at 8 and 5 is rough but I think that shows that we are hiring!

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are definitely growing and hiring.

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture here is second to none and we work with absolutely incredible people! There is a huge amount of opportunity for growth - including professional development, personal development, and financial/title growth as well. We also take a lot of pride in helping others and giving back to the community, which I love! You will never be bored as every day brings a new challenge. We are very fast paced, but offer the help and training resources so that everyone is prepared. Upper management is very visible and truly cares about the happiness and success of all employees. Every job here is important, and our leaders make an effort to make sure we feel important. There is definitely a work hard/play hard mentality. To be successful here you will definitely need to put in some effort, but it's so worth it!

Cons

I really can't think of any cons if you are willing to work hard and have a good attitude! If you do those two things, you will be successful here!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We love your enthusiasm.

"Unmatched opportunity & people"

Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is truly a unique company from the stellar service, product offering and usability of our software as a user. I highly value the fast pace and continual growth model because I have seen firsthand how it changes you as a professional and a person. I have grown more at Paycom than any other company and I believe that can be attributed to the incredible leadership of my leader and our executive management.

Cons

Being fast paced and high growth is amazing for me but for some people it's not the right fit and that's okay.

Advice to Management

Continue believing in our mission and leading us to greatness.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and perspective!

"Still happy to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

$4 catered lunches with multiple options (including a healthy option daily), $1 health benefits, gym, wonderful culture, coworkers who care about you and your well being, work/life balance and a leadership team dedicated to learning what their employees want. Multiple surveys are conducted each year regarding leadership and overall satisfaction and decisions are made based on what employees are saying. It may not be an instant change, but they are listening. Recently the vacation policy was updated to include more days for everyone. This was a direct result of employee feedback. The same goes for the healthy lunch option.

Cons

It's a very busy atmosphere and feedback comes daily. If someone is not able to adjust to the pace or able to receive feedback, they may struggle. I came from a previous company where the work was incredibly slow, and I was often bored. I can say that I enjoy being busy and that I have a department that supports a work hard/play hard mentality and rewards its people.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and acting on survey results.

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We're happy that you're happy! Thank you for the review and for acknowledging that the company is listening.

"Love Working Here!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

- Excellent benefits package ($1 health insurance)
    - Comprehensive on-site training
    - Unparalleled company and career growth
    - Fun cultural events
    - Amazing co-workers
    - State-of-the-art facility

I've worked at Paycom for several years and couldn't be happier where I'm at in my career. Paycom is growing at such a phenomenal rate. I can't wait to see where it's at in 10 years!

Cons

- Some overtime (due to high growth)
    - Changes in procedures can make it difficult to find context

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employee's feedback, as recently demonstrated with increased PTO. Also, make sure to implement strategic, well-planned decisions and set realistic goals. Keep up the good work!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"A great place for a career"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom takes care of their employees with great benefits like $1 health care, $4 catered lunches every day, many different clubs to join, a free gym, and a safe work environment. The people I work with are all very talented and helpful. I was welcomed on my first day with a great orientation and given a lot guidance before I even started. I don't have a laptop so I'm not expected to work from home ever.

Cons

Sometimes getting out of the building is stressful because there are so many employees.

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and feedback!