Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 26 reviews)

"Half the reviews on here are fake"

Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They think extremely highly of themselves and believe they are probably the greatest company in existence. Reality: Status quo corporate hive-mind. You will do well here if you like overwhelming workload, endless rhetoric, shameless self-promoting, and ethical grey areas when dealing with your clients.

You get some OK $4 lunches and some industry minimum healthcare for $1 per paycheck!

You'll learn how to deal with pressure and nonsense in a stressful-by-design work environment to put on your resume for your next job.

Cons

As a Paycom specialist you will service upwards of 150 clients. You are sold to the client as a "dedicated specialist" and they expect you to be such. Good luck giving your personal attention to 150 different organizations.

Every day that you drag yourself out of bed begrudgingly to go to your next day of dealing with issues that you can't do anything about because the software is so flawed. In house development is nice if you actually fix the issues and give what the clients want rather than creating a new buggy product to push to the clients by salespeople who know nothing of what happens after they shine up the turd and get their commission check.

Really, they claim ADP is their biggest competition when they aren't even in the same category. ADP is an industry giant, Paycom is an industry bottom feeder that is experiencing exponential growth that they cannot keep up with from a staffing/retention standpoint.

Advice to Management

I realize focus is on the bottom line and you intentionally create corporate drones because questioning leadership is bad business. In that area you are being successful. Is it sustainable? I doubt it. Don't tell your employees that they are client advocates and that they need to act in the best interest of the client. This is simply untrue.

Apr 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Paycom is committed to continuous improvement, employee engagement and developing the best solutions in the HR technology space. We want to be the best company we can be. We are committed to ... More

2. "HCM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is cheap. 4 dollar lunches are great.

Cons

The parking was bad when I was there. Bonus structures are lacking for HCM department.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more for input.

Mar 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re happy to share we recently opened our new parking garage. Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Outside Sales"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

Strict PTO policy and some micromanaging

Mar 28, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great proprietary product, great training, ability to make solid money, and a good team of people to work with.

Cons

They let go of skilled and all around great people for stupid reasons, micromanage 24/7, sales managers will put their interests before the rest of their office, and due to growth everyone is ridiculously spread thin and sales employees get dragged into doing the jobs of other departments and cannot deliver and what was promised to client during the sales process.

Advice to Management

Just look at my cons

Apr 3, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for acknowledging the strength of the Paycom solution, our training program, employees and earning opportunities. Due to the success you mentioned, Paycom is experiencing tremendous growth ... More

6. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given Opportunity to grow. Also provided training that I still use today!

Cons

Mid-level managers tend to micro manage (not entirely their fault). Their goals set by leadership are ambitious

Advice to Management

They are actively pursuing solutions to this problem. However, they could allow more flexibility for talented/productive employees

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy we helped develop your career skills while at Paycom. We appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement and wish you the best.

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earnings potential with base and commissions!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Paycom.

Advice to Management

Ad more fun to sales cycle to increase sales.

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Good"

I have been working at Paycom part-time

Pros

Fun company to work for!

Cons

Parking lot is a pain.

Mar 21, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We’re happy to report the new parking garage will be opening this Spring. In the meantime, we hope you’ve taken advantage of the shuttle service. Thanks for your patience as ... More

"Voted Top Place To Work In OKC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Overall a great place to work.
    $1 health insurance
    $4 catered lunches
    solid company culture
    "gym" onsite

I won't go into a lot of detail here because it really is a good company.

Cons

HUGE CON: 5 days PTO your first year. They will sugar coat it and say that you also get a couple personal days and a handful of sick days and that is true. But 5 days PTO is ridiculously low and you have to accrue them. So when you finally finish out that first year, congrats you just completed your 5th day of PTO!

They forget that they are a large companies and don't take time to revamp processes that were in place when they only had a few hundred employees.

Advice to Management

Seriously, bump up the PTO to at least 10 days. Start appreciating your employees financially, not just the sale people. Yes, they sell the product but maybe you should show some love to the people that keep it running. Especially since a lot of them stay late and come in on weekends to make sure the ship stays afloat and receive no extra benefit for it.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to read that you believe that Paycom is a good company. Regarding PTO, as with many organizations this increases with tenure at the company. As we’re a dynamic ... More

"Good money making potential if you can stick with it"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

- Great starting salary with great potential to earn

Cons

- Inconsistent support from team manager
    I was told several times after starting out that my manager would only go along on what they referred to as "good" appointments. While I understand where they were coming from, it was also frustrating as a new employee to not receive the support I felt was needed especially in the beginning.

- Office politics
    Office politics and gossip were common at my office and some of the more senior reps seemed to even take pride in being rude and unhelpful to new reps. I was even told by one "I don't even get to know new reps until they've made it six months." Not a supportive culture in my office by any means.

- Favoritism
    I was hired at the same time as another rep. During our time there, our manager accompanied this new rep on nearly 3x the number of appointments per capita than with me. This new rep was also given a much more lucrative, urban business district than I was.

Advice to Management

Ensure local managers are spending time to help the new reps succeed, there is a lot of frustration from the new hires in this regard.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Paycom provides significant resources and time on training and developing our sales team, which includes nearly two months of new hire training. We hope you took the opportunity to address these ... More

"Hard working company that loves spending time together"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Invests a lot of money on initial training of employees
    Frequently does employee appreciation gifts/surprises
    Plenty of opportunity for overtime

Cons

Still working out the kinks of extended training
    A lot of internal struggle for accountability
    Work-life balance is a struggle

Advice to Management

Redistribute responsibilities to allow positions to not feel obligated to several hours of OT each week.
    Improve continued education and growth of employee skills

Mar 16, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and hope you have had an opportunity to take advantage of the current internal training and development programs.