Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 56 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 31 reviews)

"Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, Ideas are heard, Innovation is all around, Feeling of being a part of something great, phenomenal growth so opportunity for advancement is very high

Cons

Traffic at 8:00 and 5:00

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!

Sep 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Hardword DOES NOT Go Unnoticed"

Current Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like the following, then this place is for you:
    Enjoy and make life long friends with like minded individuals.
    Receiving value when you add value
    Receiving critical feedback to develop skills
    Making an impact across millions of people throughout the US
    Being part of historic growth

Paycom is about evolution, much like today's world and technology. We cannot stay the same, or we will get left in the dust. Paycom has a clear direction and understands that change and accountability will help achieve greatness for customers and employees. Paycom is not for people "OK" with the status quo. Paycom wants driven learners, that are willing to grow personally as fast as they will grow professionally.
    As hard as the work is, it's even more rewarded and Paycom does a great job recognizing employees. Whether it's all company lunches, giveaways, or a handwritten note from an Executive Leader, Paycom is all about the people.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Aug 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Hi! We're going to assume you meant "HardWORK does not go unnoticed," and you're correct. Thank you for your review and sharing your experience at Paycom!

"Tax Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, Beautiful Campus, Friendly and Driven Workforce, Outstanding Benefits, Healthcare for $1, Clean Cafe with Healthy Options, Top notch Fitness Center and Fitness Instructors, Excellent Training and Continued Education, Work-Life Balance Instruction, Family Friendly Functions and Celebrations, Generous Salary and Time Off, Various levels of promotions and tools to help you attain your goals! If you are a hard worker you will love it. Definitely the best place I have ever worked. Not to mention the product is incredible! It is a company with High Standards for its workforce and its product. I can't say enough about this company. I miss going to work everyday and seeing all my friends and co-workers. I look forward to the day I can start working again. I am glad to see they hiring. Most of the people I worked with are still there and that is always a good sign.

Cons

Covered Parking would be nice :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Aug 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience during your time at Paycom. We're sorry you missed out on the opportunity to use our new multi-level covered parking garage. We wish you the best... More

"Great place!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom was great to their employees, always going above and beyond to make sure they know they are valued. They expect good work and the rewards are great for the good work. Lots of opportunities for promotion.
    Great benefits.
    Good perks; gym, lunch catered in for a great price, year end party etc.
    Good environment and team atmosphere.

Cons

The busyness at the year end isn't fun. But the party they throw makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep communication lines open and let your employees know they are valued!

Aug 3, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We definitely value our employees. We wouldn't be successful without them. Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience!

"Tenured Employee"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think it's safe to say that Paycom is an extremely fast growing company. With that comes a great deal of challenges and opportunities to help our clients and fellow employees. I've been fortunate enough to contribute in a number of different roles over the years with Paycom and I always have been surrounded with fantastic people and resources. I've always been fairly compensated and have always worked for outstanding leaders. The sky is the limit at Paycom, it's just up to you how you fly the plane and the attitude you keep during your flight.

Cons

I used the words challenges and opportunities earlier and that is always how I have viewed the more difficult situations I've found myself in with Paycom over the years. All of the challenges I've been faced wiith have given me the ability to grow and the opportunity to help my clients and partners. I can't recall being put into a no win situation or ever being treated unfairly. If you don't want to stay busy helping and growing everyday then you probably won't enjoy Paycom. However, if that is your outlook you probably won't enjoy any job you ever have, so you should probably start playing the lotto a great deal.

Advice to Management

All of the leaders that I've worked for at Paycom have either performed my current job at a high level, or done a great job of looking to their employees for advice and feedback. A good idea at Paycom is a good idea and will be either implemented or thoroughly discussed. We don't allow ego to get in the way of progress which is refreshing. The only advice I would give "management" is to please continue to look toward your front line employees for feedback and advice.

Sep 12, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience. We appreciate your persistence and positive attitude when facing challenges and opportunities.

"Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation structure
    High level training and Accountability
    Great Culture

Cons

Long Hours
    High Stress Environment
    Large amount of productivity management

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep work life balance in focus

Aug 28, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Thank you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and all I can do is say thank you for continuing to allow me to provide for my family. The pay is great, benefits are great, culture is great, and job security is great as long as you do your job! I've been here for 7+ years now and would not want to have a career anywhere else.

Cons

There are no cons at Paycom as long as you see it for what it is...a job! Sure, I'm not on a beach relaxing so if you're expecting to get paid to coast and be lazy than you might have some cons to speak of, however, I expect to have to work at my place of employment. Because I have that real world expectation, it's hard to find any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving us forward the way you've been doing for 19 years now.

Aug 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience! The experience you bring to the organization is important.

"Come Join Us!"

Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The investment the Leaders have in the company reflect with every achievement Paycom has received plus the hard work the employees have dedicated to their clients and company as a whole. It is great to know that there is opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

The environment and community at Paycom is incredible. The people I work with day-to-day are my family. I do life with them outside of work. Aslo, the company knows how to treat us by doing fun things such as: competitions, monthly luncheons, National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week, Wellness Week and so much more.

Plus benefits and $4 meals cannot be beat.

Come Join Us!

Cons

The work we do here is a challenge, but honestly it is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by staying focus on the mission. Continue to stay invested in your teams, employees and community. It all makes a difference. If anything, stay encouraged.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

team atmosphere, employees are truly valued, free on campus gym, $1 per pay period health insurance

Cons

my commute, but that is a personal problem and something I knew before accepting the position.

Aug 17, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Great company? Awesome outlook!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture. A great work ethic and attitude is noticed, and rewarded. Great facilities, including awesome gym and cafeteria. Senior leadership has a great ability to formulate a winning strategy and execute it, as Paycom's performance in the marketplace indicates.

It's hard to understand the reviews on here about Paycom that aren't positive. If you are willing to come into a fast paced environment and contribute and bring value to the Paycom team, I don't see how you could have a bad experience. There's just too much potential.

Cons

There is so much good food available it's hard to stay in shape! Thank goodness the gym is open at lunchtime.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Aug 24, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience! We're happy to hear you are excited about the potential at Paycom.