Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 40 reviews)

• They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

"Paycom Part-Time Internship Program"

Current Intern - Junior Executive Sales in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Intern - Junior Executive Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my semester as a Paycom Junior Executive Sales Intern. Being able to get relative sales experience while going to school is amazing. I have had several internships but I have not learned nearly as much at those places compared to Paycom. I feel like my plate is always full as an intern, as there is always relevant and productive work to complete that helps the team. I have really enjoyed the new "Boardroom Friday" intern competition where you present a topic against several other intern teams to the higher ups in Paycom.

The positivity within the office, atleast in the Cincinnati office is unbelievable. Everyone is pushing each other to do their best and sell their next deal in a competitive but friendly manner.

The experience you get is exactly what you want from a sales internship. The daily routines ranged from prospecting, to calling on prospects, to shadowing sales calls, to making creative gifts to send to prospects, and working as a team with other interns for "Boardroom Friday."

Cons

One thing that I would like to see in the internship going forward is having a little more time in the first week to learn more about the sales process, and the software. It is something that is definitely learned throughout the process, but the first few weeks I felt confused when talking about the software.

I also think it would be incredibly beneficial to have laptops / tablets instead of just the desktop computer. After all, Paycom is a technology company and utilizing technology in sales calls would help us stand out from the competition as well as the obvious benefits of being able to have information on the go.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing Board Room Friday! This is the perfect form of intercompany competition. After all, this is a sales internship and being able to present and sell against other interns to upper management is a valuable skill all interns can benefit from.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your positive and constructive review! We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with the management team.

"Sales Intern"

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is amazing, all of the reps are so friendly and fun. Very lively, positive office. Management is extremely invested in creating an internship program that emphasizes growth, and learning. Lots of room for growth and opportunities for post internship employment. Such a fun office that also pushes you to work hard and improve as a salesperson!

Cons

High expectations can sometimes make balancing school and work difficult

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback. We definitely believe in a work hard, play hard culture.

"PAYCOM WORK PLACE #1"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom is such an amazing company to work for. The Culture, Atmosphere and growth potential is substantial. I wake up every day with drive and excitement to get to work. I would highly recommend this as a Career for any person I run across.

Cons

The only thing I can put here is the Child care option. It would be amazing if PAYCOM had a child care center on campus.

Advice to Management

Constant feedback whether good or bad is crucial.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear how excited you are to work at Paycom and will share your feedback with the management team.

"My Paycom Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Paycom three years as of December, one of my college classmates referred me to Paycom. I was working at a bank and just couldn't see any growth opportunity. Paycom offers so many growth opportunities in every department. As well as personal growth, I joined a company that wanted to not only see me grow professional, but personal too. I have been a part of our LEAD program and learn more about the company and about myself as Leader. The culture as Paycom is different from any company I have every worked for. Our culture is what makes us different from everyone in business. We strive on helping our customers, and serving each other.

Cons

Honestly, Paycom is truly remarkable.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're so happy that your college classmate referred you to us.

5. "Paycom Intern Review"

I have been working at Paycom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere
    High speed work environment
    Excellent leadership
    Compensation

Cons

Work-life balance
    Paycom is not for those who are not willing to put in the time, but it does pay off ten fold

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience!

6. "Work hard, play hard"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at Paycom as an intern

Pros

The office culture is very team oriented and fun. Each rep genuinely wants to see you grow and learn.

Cons

Really, just know that this internship is a lot of work and learning. It can be a little overwhelming at first, but you have so much support to get you into the swing of things quickly!

7. "Great place to work in this department (Quality Assurance)"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free monthly luncheons, $4 lunch catered (2 options each day, dairy free and vegetarian options also available), great relationship with management, respect between coworkers and those in leadership positions, excellent environment to grow and work in your own style (but standard hours), promotion opportunities abound (particularly at this time)

Cons

Secrecy in terms of salaries and bonuses, implied risk associated with sharing how much money you make, traffic leaving work adds at least 15 min to travel time, if not 30

Advice to Management

Promote black women. There are several black women within the company who have years of experience, lead projects, and demonstrate their value to the company, but have been passed over for promotion in favor of white men (who do not have the same, or appropriate experience or abilities or relationships to obtain management roles). It implies that promotions are not merit-based.

Dec 1, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. Paycom is an EEO employer and believes in developing its people and compensating all of its employees fairly and competitively. If you... More

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Pacyom is very fast-paced, so work is never boring. The compensation is fair and senior leadership invests in the growth of employees! There is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Because it is very fast-paced, it's not a fit for everyone!

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Love working for Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot of leadership skills that helps boost my career

Cons

Very fast paced environment. Be prepared to learn fast.

Nov 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"You are Boarding a Rocket Ship"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Can growth be the pro and the con? I've been personally challenged and my life has changed in many ways. Figuring out how to ride a rocket ship is scary, difficult and challenging, but is the reward worth it? That is for the individual to decide. But what is the alternative? Stagnation or decline? I'll go with the rocket ship. I believe top talent chooses the rocket ship too!

-They provide a very competitive salary and overall compensation. The CEO is a capitalist and gives stock equity deep into the organization. Which it has done very well by the way. Look it up PAYC.
    -Incredible people work here.
    -A beautiful campus and environment.
    -The support is endless to help one another. If your not getting it, you should tell someone as it must a be a rogue manager.
    -There is a clear vision where the company is headed.
    -Growth and development is a personal mission of theirs.
    -They work very hard to accomplish the mission. (Is this a con?)
    -They care deeply about their customers and employees.
    -They listen and try to make adjustments when they can. For example, they just expanded time off.

Cons

I don't think they pretend to have all the answers especially with as much growth and change as they have seen. However, they need to be transparent, genuine, and real.

They need to stick to a strategy and initiative in specific departments. There sometimes is to much change with the breeze and it is difficult to understand and stay focused on what one needs to accomplish.

Advice to Management

We know your success is going to continue. Accomplishing big challenges isn't for everyone. Just make sure you continue to listen and adjust. But once their is a strategy from the top, stick to it to get it accomplished!

Aug 10, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for your feedback. We appreciate the rocket ship analogy!