Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

1. "software developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good experience, and I loved the company. Sometimes it may be tedious but always worthful.

Cons

I don't think there is any because everything is good out there including collegues and my managers.

Advice to Management

keep up the spirit its been always fun to work with paycom

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We noticed you only put 3-stars. Please let us know how we can make working at Paycom at 5-star experience.

"Outside Sales Rep (B2B, SaaS)"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial reward, training process, autonomy within a structured system

Cons

Trial by fire, high stress, long hours

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

3. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The on-going education we receive from the executive level is the best asset. From the executives who started this company, to the new employee that recently started, all management and executives will take huge amounts of time to invest all of their resources to developing the best environment for every employee. The people that work at Paycom know that they are apart of a special culture and family on a daily basis.

Cons

I have not come across any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing since Day 1. You invest so much resources and time, and because of that, it is the reasons for huge success for the company on a national scale.

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, perks, benefits, year end party, training, continued education, amazing leadership, friendly atmosphere. If you work hard and put in the work and strive to be a great leader, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and flourish. Paycom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling. I have never worked for a company that has so much growth opportunity and truly values their employees.

Cons

No cons in my eyes. A lot of people complain about work however, that is your job and it is so exciting to see how much a paycom is growing. Yes, there will be long days and stressful situations that will come up but that is just part of it and that is at any workplace. Every company will have times like this. We are a growing company and are going to continue to grow and improve. Paycom has the best leaders to help guide and support you and the training department is amazing!

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing leadership, sharing the vision and empowering your employees.

Oct 21, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Paycom experience with others. We're glad you're a part of the Paycom family!

"Great first job."

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of younger people and is a great job right out of college. Some cool benefits like $1 healthcare, catered meals, nice gym. Raises are marked by clearly defined goals and you can make good money once you become a senior specialist. They seem to understand that there is more work to do for the job than you can get done in 40 hours so they don't get on to you when you work overtime. It is a good job and I really like all the people I work with.

Cons

Starting pay is pretty low and it takes about a year before you really know what you are doing. If you want to have a chance to stay on top of your projects then you will be working at least 5-10 hours of OT a week. This is good for people without families but I don't see how people with children do it.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay scale.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"Most rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the current industry trends and enhanced my industry and legal knowledge tremendously. I felt like I took a crash masters degree in HR management. Secondly, I needed a challenge and wanted to be around inspiring people who pushed me to be a better version of myself. I found those things in Paycom. Every day is new and exciting as a Transition Specialist because I'm working with multiple companies from various different industries at once. I get to drive around the Bay Area meeting with my clients face to face on a daily basis. I truly recommend this job for anyone who is seeking to build their interpersonal, organizational, and business skills. And not to mention that the company/department is growing like crazy so they promote within and there is plenty of room for growth!

Cons

Not really a con if you are a hard worker, but this is not an hourly job where you can clock out after 8 hours sharp - as a project manager you are responsible for the success of your clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within and innovate our processes/product. The culture at Paycom is great - continue to encourage your employees to be innovative, think outside the box, and create lasting friendships with others within the company.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the human capital management industry! Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Transition Specialist - Project Manager"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

- You will have the opportunity to get involved with organizations to create efficiencies, drive progress & innovation, and make an impact on a daily basis. Very rewarding.
    - A lot of smart, dedicated, hardworking individuals in the department and organization.
    - Growing like crazy = tons of opportunities for movement & promotions.
    - Great new hire training program.
    - Great Benefits: $1 Heathcare, 401k w/ Match, Stock Purchase Plan (up 44% in last 6 months).
    - Cell Phone & Car Allowance.
    - Reimbursed Expenses.
    Just to name a few...

Cons

- You will take the blame for things that are out of your control. If considering this position, be prepared to take it on the chin and press on.
    - You will have some long days every now and then. Not a punch the clock 9-5 gig if that is what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

- Continue to take feedback and implement change.
    - Invest in development of new tools to aid process improvements.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback!

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Computer Operator Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Computer Operator Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great atmosphere, good growth opportunities,

Cons

There's far too many sweets available for free

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

No more sweets. Got it. ;-) Thank you for the review and feedback!

10. "NCS Admin"

Current Employee - NCS Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - NCS Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, job description was apt, workplace atmosphere is very comfortable and easy. Hiring process was very streamlined from recruiting to interview everything was fast paced and I always felt like I could reach out for help if needed. I went from applying to interviewing to getting the job all within two weeks.

Cons

Only downside is its a bit far from home and ita easy to get turned around when you're new

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

"Security"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Couldn't have been a better place to find myself. Great community , challenging environment and a wonderful leadership team! Win win

Cons

Not much at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep up the work at making this place amazing.

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!