Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 55 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 30 reviews)

"Exciting place to be"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at PAYCOM for a couple of months now, but I am highly impressed with how it compares to all the places I've worked in my 20-year career. It's exciting to be part of a company that's not just successful, but experiencing such incredible growth at an unbelievable rate. It appears the ceiling isn't even in view yet. With my oldest child not too far away from starting college, finding a job at a stable, well-positioned company was of utmost importance to me.

Co-workers are friendly and -- this is a huge plus -- slackers are not tolerated. If you don't work, you don't work here. That's refreshing coming from places where so many work so hard to do only the bare minimum.

The culture is fun, especially for a corporation of this size. I expected one far more buttoned-up and strict than it actually is.

Cons

The cons are very few, starting with vacation days. For the first year, they pale compared to most organizations. That could be improved.

Parking is an issue since the company is growing so fast. You have to get here early to get a spot still within state lines.

Still, I look at what we get out of the job -- $1 health insurance, $4 catered lunches every day, an on-site gym -- and it's too difficult to complain.

Advice to Management

Be genuine.

"Amazing opportunity at an amazing company!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's start with the most exciting...the pay! :) I started working for the company when I was 22 years old. Although it was a very difficult job, the compensation more than made up for it. I started with a base of 30k, which it significantly increased to 45k within 2 months. Then again about a year later, the starting base went to 50k. After a little over a year of selling, my base went to 80k and eventually made it to over 100k+. This doesn't even include commissions.

Money isn't the only thing that is amazing. So is the opportunity for advancement. If you want to be in management, you have the ability to do so within 2 years (sometimes even less!). Reps and managers get to travel once a quarter to executive rep training in Dallas and stay at the Grand Hyatt. We do dinners, trainings, and stay at an amazing hotel.

President's Club is the most fun I have ever had. We have opportunities to go to Maui, Puerto Rico, Naples, New York, Sedona, etc. The company pays for the trip and allows you to not use vacation time while you're there.

Overall, it's an AMAZING company and I wouldn't trade my experience for the world!!!

Cons

I wish I would have received a little more vacation time during my first year of employment.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do! :)

"My experience at Paycom has provided me with tremendous creative opportunities and exponential professional growth."

Current Employee - Operations Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Operations Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has an amazing company culture which includes affordable catered meals every day, a free on-site gym with boot camp and Zumba classes, and monthly themed luncheons celebrating employee anniversaries. There are also numerous company activities such as the Year End Party (which is above and beyond any other company's holiday parties), National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week and Wellness Week.

As part of the Training Department, I can speak confidently about the amazing training classes offered daily to help employees grow personally and professionally. The trainers make themselves available to help employees with any questions they may have about the Paycom products and the best ways to continue to offer the best customer service.

I am personally excited about my future at Paycom. Paycom is one of the fastest growing companies in Oklahoma City and you can tell by the number of new hires on a weekly basis. Paycom is currently working on a new building and the expansion plans are amazing and exciting.

Paycom has allowed me to use and expand my creative abilities and grow as a professional. I get to create and develop new training materials, newsletters and bulletins on a daily basis and work on projects that best communicate our new product developments with customers so they immediately know the most exciting things happening with the Paycom products.

Cons

Because Paycom is so customer focused and its number one priority is taking care of them, Paycom employees are, at times, working some holidays others companies may have off.

Advice to Management

Paycom has a great environment and I feel lucky to be able to see so many upper management employees on a daily basis and feel so welcome to go to any one of them and express any new ideas or concerns I may have. My advice to any manager at Paycom would be to keep up the great environment/culture and continue to be an available source and open door for employees and a great example on how to be a great leader.

"Amazing People, Great Technology, Game Changing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Paycom for 6 years. From day one this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. While my friends struggled to find something they were passionate about I started to advance my career. Over the past 6 years, I have been about to grow as a sales person and a manager. With most companies you have to wait 10-15 year to make the money and have the impact I have today! It has been hard work but nothing in life worth having is easy. Paycom has the best product, service and overall value in the industry.

Cons

I really don't have any thing bad to say. It's a great fit for me. If you are driven, smart and hard working you will love it!

Advice to Management

Continue to build the best management and sales team in America.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom is growing so quickly and there is so much room for growth. There is an EXCELLENT culture and all of the sales reps are like a big family. I feel professionally challenged everyday and I have grown so much through Paycom.

Cons

The first year is very intense because you have to learn so many aspects of a company but after you build that foundation, then it gets so much easier.

"Excellent Company"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, creating my own schedule, sense of ownership over my territory, personal and professional growth

Cons

Hard work; however, it pays off

"Paycom is a wonderful company, providing terrific opportunities for both personal and professional growth."

Pros

Paycom encourages personal growth and gives you the tools to become an outstanding salesperson. With an extremely generous benefit plan, they are interested in attracting and retaining top talent.

Cons

You might say that I've drank the kool-aide, but I can't think of any cons for the company. In the early month of working you need to put a lot of energy into the position. But like any other high-paying position, if you want to be successful you have to put the time in.

"Endless Opportunity, Focus on Development & Growth, Very Competitive Compensation Plan"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the great things about working for Paycom is the opportunity you are given here. I never thought I would have an opportunity to make a six figure salary at the age of 24. The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly. Compensation is the highest in the industry and they provide a great benefits package. The company invests so much time and $ into each reps personal growth and development both personal and professional.

Cons

You have to be a very driven and self-motivated person to be successful here. If you are willing to commit and put in the extra effort and hard work, it will be extremely worth it. If you are just looking for the cushy salary but are not an overachiever, this might not be the job for you. Mediocrity is just not acceptable at this company. Every day is very busy and it can be stressful at times but its all worth it!

"Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not any that I would say

"I have worked as a full-time outside sales rep for over four years."

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paycom sincerely cares about the people that make up their organization! Everything they do is backed by integrity and is designed to develop business acumen, grow individuals personally and professionally, and provide financial security that is uncapped!

Cons

The structure at Paycom is very clearly defined and management of processes and schedules is very tight. You must be willing to conform to a more rigid set of rules and standards in comparison to that of most other outside sales positions.