Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

1. "Hard Work Pays Off"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Growing company, lots of upward mobility

Cons

No cons to speak of

Apr 5, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Mediocre company. Certainly not the best."

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They're always hiring. Truely think about why a company is always hiring. Growth? Yes, some of it is. Turnover? Yes, the majority. The CEO bragged at the year end party in 2016 about how more than half the company had been employed less than a year.
    They do have small perks such as a monthly gift worth $1-3 and luke warm catered lunches for $4, as well as decent benefits.
    The team atmosphere is truly unlike any other. You go through a lot of hardship and micromanagement together.
    The first year you will love, due to being blinded by the wool over your eyes.
    The pay is decent if you put in the work, but certainly not competitive.

Cons

There are blackout periods in some departments due to the company not having standards and processes in place to prevent this, but if you are in good with upper management you can get away with not working the required days.
    When you see the "best place to work" awards, just know that it isn't communicated to the whole company to go vote, only certain departments and those in a leadership role.
    The continuing education you hear of is only "Paycom Knowledge," there is a minimal amount you will take with you elsewhere.
    If this is your last resort for employment, I say go for it and trust no one fully. You will meet some great people and get a paycheck to help you along the way with your job search.

Advice to Management

There are a few manager titles in place that definitely shouldn't be, especially in the service department. The morale would definitely improve and especially the turnover.
    I know it is not always possible, but the C-Level team needs to be more involved and rely on real feedback from employees, not direct reports or a local newspaper saying how great they are.

Apr 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Yes, we’re hiring and we’re hiring aggressively as Paycom grew its revenue by over 46 percent from the previous year, which is significant and exciting for the company and its employees. Turnover and ... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High base salary that's it

Cons

This company is a gimmick. The further I am removed the more I realize how I was tricked into thinking it was a good place to work. It's almost cult like the way they indoctrinate you to make you feel like paycom is the best job YOU will ever have. Choose happiness not the deceitful promise of making lots of money.

Apr 6, 2017 – Paycom Representative

As you indicated, we do have a very competitive compensation program, which gives our sales representatives excellent earning potential. We communicate the compensation opportunities clearly during ... More

5. "Best Career Choice!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities, talented co-workers, and focus on personal and professional development

Cons

High growth company comes with challenges and lots of change.

Apr 4, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm!

"Half the reviews on here are fake"

Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They think extremely highly of themselves and believe they are probably the greatest company in existence. Reality: Status quo corporate hive-mind. You will do well here if you like overwhelming workload, endless rhetoric, shameless self-promoting, and ethical grey areas when dealing with your clients.

You get some OK $4 lunches and some industry minimum healthcare for $1 per paycheck!

You'll learn how to deal with pressure and nonsense in a stressful-by-design work environment to put on your resume for your next job.

Cons

As a Paycom specialist you will service upwards of 150 clients. You are sold to the client as a "dedicated specialist" and they expect you to be such. Good luck giving your personal attention to 150 different organizations.

Every day that you drag yourself out of bed begrudgingly to go to your next day of dealing with issues that you can't do anything about because the software is so flawed. In house development is nice if you actually fix the issues and give what the clients want rather than creating a new buggy product to push to the clients by salespeople who know nothing of what happens after they shine up the turd and get their commission check.

Really, they claim ADP is their biggest competition when they aren't even in the same category. ADP is an industry giant, Paycom is an industry bottom feeder that is experiencing exponential growth that they cannot keep up with from a staffing/retention standpoint.

Advice to Management

I realize focus is on the bottom line and you intentionally create corporate drones because questioning leadership is bad business. In that area you are being successful. Is it sustainable? I doubt it. Don't tell your employees that they are client advocates and that they need to act in the best interest of the client. This is simply untrue.

Apr 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Paycom is committed to continuous improvement, employee engagement and developing the best solutions in the HR technology space. We want to be the best company we can be. We are committed to ... More

"HCM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is cheap. 4 dollar lunches are great.

Cons

The parking was bad when I was there. Bonus structures are lacking for HCM department.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more for input.

Mar 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re happy to share we recently opened our new parking garage. Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Outside Sales"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

Strict PTO policy and some micromanaging

Mar 28, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great proprietary product, great training, ability to make solid money, and a good team of people to work with.

Cons

They let go of skilled and all around great people for stupid reasons, micromanage 24/7, sales managers will put their interests before the rest of their office, and due to growth everyone is ridiculously spread thin and sales employees get dragged into doing the jobs of other departments and cannot deliver and what was promised to client during the sales process.

Advice to Management

Just look at my cons

Apr 3, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for acknowledging the strength of the Paycom solution, our training program, employees and earning opportunities. Due to the success you mentioned, Paycom is experiencing tremendous growth ... More

10. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - New Client Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Given Opportunity to grow. Also provided training that I still use today!

Cons

Mid-level managers tend to micro manage (not entirely their fault). Their goals set by leadership are ambitious

Advice to Management

They are actively pursuing solutions to this problem. However, they could allow more flexibility for talented/productive employees

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy we helped develop your career skills while at Paycom. We appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continuous improvement and wish you the best.

11. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earnings potential with base and commissions!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Paycom.

Advice to Management

Ad more fun to sales cycle to increase sales.

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!