Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 36 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 28 reviews)

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, perks, benefits, year end party, training, continued education, amazing leadership, friendly atmosphere. If you work hard and put in the work and strive to be a great leader, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and flourish. Paycom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling. I have never worked for a company that has so much growth opportunity and truly values their employees.

Cons

No cons in my eyes. A lot of people complain about work however, that is your job and it is so exciting to see how much a paycom is growing. Yes, there will be long days and stressful situations that will come up but that is just part of it and that is at any workplace. Every company will have times like this. We are a growing company and are going to continue to grow and improve. Paycom has the best leaders to help guide and support you and the training department is amazing!

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing leadership, sharing the vision and empowering your employees.

Oct 21, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Paycom experience with others. We're glad you're a part of the Paycom family!

"Transition Specialist Representative"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule.
    Everyday is different.
    Fun , challenging work.
    Clear raise structure.

Cons

Holiday season is very busy

Advice to Management

Continue hiring.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We hope you keep working hard and having fun.

"Opperations- Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

$4 lunches. That's really the only pro. I'd like to put the $1 insurance, but if you take into consideration our HR dept. lying to expecting mothers about their FMLA and short term disability coverages while off of work caring for their babies, the $1 insurance loses credibility really fast. I have over 5 years experience in the insurance/benefits dept... trust me, there are better policies to cover your employees on if you really cared about them.

Cons

I feel like I am back in high school. We have a typical cubical style layout and other teams seem to have no respect for those around them. You see this the most in the PSD department.. grow up and have some respect for those around you that are actually trying to work. I have to put an earplug in one ear because I honestly can't hear my client or my own thoughts over the immature people around me. Don't sing, yell, chant, talk loudly, etc. in a so called "professional" environment.

Advice to Management

1- Tell your PSD teams to grow up and be respectful of others and actually enforce this, or simply stop hiring 20 year olds that don't know how to be mature or professional. They are still babies and they act like it. 2- Have the courage to tell Chad that the system is going to break at any moment. Quit trying to impress him with the latest and greatest "release" when we can't even fix what was wrong with last months update, or 12 months before that. You are putting a bandaid over the problem and someone needs to say something before it is too late. It's too bad that HR encourages you to come on here and write a good review, and upper management requires you to once you are a TL or in a leadership position. I'm sure this review will get lost in the shuffle of all of those reviews very fast.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Paycom is proud of the health insurance options we offer to employees and their families. Additionally, we routinely survey our employees that have been on FMLA to learn... More

"Growing Pains!"

Current Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is sort of fun, the building is really nice. They hire great people to work with. Lots of swag, free t-shirts and monthly luncheons are fun.

Cons

Development department management is a joke. Lots of finger pointing about the problems, very little effective leadership. I worked overtime often for months to try to improve my performance, but I may as well have not shown up for all that my manager noticed. They only care about surface results and short-term goals being met. 'Long-Term' is still a totally foreign concept, and having no longer-term direction is frustrating for someone as ambitious as myself.

Advice to Management

For the development department, get a defined, pre-calculable method for evaluating performance. The 3-month lag on development deliverables is ridiculous.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy working with your fellow employees. As a current employee, we encourage you to share any constructive feedback through the appropriate channels... More

5. "software developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good experience, and I loved the company. Sometimes it may be tedious but always worthful.

Cons

I don't think there is any because everything is good out there including collegues and my managers.

Advice to Management

keep up the spirit its been always fun to work with paycom

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We noticed you only put 3-stars. Please let us know how we can make working at Paycom at 5-star experience.

"Outside Sales Rep (B2B, SaaS)"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial reward, training process, autonomy within a structured system

Cons

Trial by fire, high stress, long hours

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

7. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The on-going education we receive from the executive level is the best asset. From the executives who started this company, to the new employee that recently started, all management and executives will take huge amounts of time to invest all of their resources to developing the best environment for every employee. The people that work at Paycom know that they are apart of a special culture and family on a daily basis.

Cons

I have not come across any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing since Day 1. You invest so much resources and time, and because of that, it is the reasons for huge success for the company on a national scale.

"Great first job."

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of younger people and is a great job right out of college. Some cool benefits like $1 healthcare, catered meals, nice gym. Raises are marked by clearly defined goals and you can make good money once you become a senior specialist. They seem to understand that there is more work to do for the job than you can get done in 40 hours so they don't get on to you when you work overtime. It is a good job and I really like all the people I work with.

Cons

Starting pay is pretty low and it takes about a year before you really know what you are doing. If you want to have a chance to stay on top of your projects then you will be working at least 5-10 hours of OT a week. This is good for people without families but I don't see how people with children do it.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay scale.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"Most rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the current industry trends and enhanced my industry and legal knowledge tremendously. I felt like I took a crash masters degree in HR management. Secondly, I needed a challenge and wanted to be around inspiring people who pushed me to be a better version of myself. I found those things in Paycom. Every day is new and exciting as a Transition Specialist because I'm working with multiple companies from various different industries at once. I get to drive around the Bay Area meeting with my clients face to face on a daily basis. I truly recommend this job for anyone who is seeking to build their interpersonal, organizational, and business skills. And not to mention that the company/department is growing like crazy so they promote within and there is plenty of room for growth!

Cons

Not really a con if you are a hard worker, but this is not an hourly job where you can clock out after 8 hours sharp - as a project manager you are responsible for the success of your clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within and innovate our processes/product. The culture at Paycom is great - continue to encourage your employees to be innovative, think outside the box, and create lasting friendships with others within the company.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the human capital management industry! Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Transition Specialist - Project Manager"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

- You will have the opportunity to get involved with organizations to create efficiencies, drive progress & innovation, and make an impact on a daily basis. Very rewarding.
    - A lot of smart, dedicated, hardworking individuals in the department and organization.
    - Growing like crazy = tons of opportunities for movement & promotions.
    - Great new hire training program.
    - Great Benefits: $1 Heathcare, 401k w/ Match, Stock Purchase Plan (up 44% in last 6 months).
    - Cell Phone & Car Allowance.
    - Reimbursed Expenses.
    Just to name a few...

Cons

- You will take the blame for things that are out of your control. If considering this position, be prepared to take it on the chin and press on.
    - You will have some long days every now and then. Not a punch the clock 9-5 gig if that is what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

- Continue to take feedback and implement change.
    - Invest in development of new tools to aid process improvements.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback!