Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • PTO first year, work life balance (in 42 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 25 reviews)

"Client Relations Representative Review"

Current Employee - Client Relations Representative
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

Pros

A lot of companies use the phrase "work hard, play hard" but there is no better company to put this into practice than Paycom. Yes, there are long hours and stressful days but your hard work is always rewarded by not only a great paycheck but the support and recognition from teammates, managers, and even upper level management. Paycom invests a lot of resources in their employees and they really give you every opportunity to succeed both professionally and personally.

Cons

Some long and stressful days but it pays off. If you are looking for a normal 9-5 "desk job" this is not for you.

Advice to Management

keep investing in your employees and don't change!

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the generous review! We appreciate our employees and it's their spirit that brings "work hard, play hard" to life!

"Such a valuable place!"

Pros

Working at Paycom I feel like a very valued and appreciated employee! We are rewarded with amazing benefits, great lunches, fun days, casual Fridays, an on site gym and so much more. I strongly believe that all of these things are provided because they know everyone is a piece to the puzzle of the success Paycom has and they want to show their appreciation for that. People will be more willing to work hard if they are happy and I strongly believe that is the case here!

Cons

The only con I can think of is people who come to work for Paycom because they want to be apart of a fantastic company but are in a position that is not suited for them and do not enjoy it.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and insight. We do our best to find the right fit for employees and the organization. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of our employees.

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate is absolutely amazing. The executive staff are lovely people who I do believe truly care about their company.

Cons

Lower level management behavior borders on abusive. I left this company with a horrible taste in my mouth because of how miserable I was coming to work each day. The sad part is that I was exceeding my quota the entire time I was there. I truly believe this is due only to one individual, who I happened to work directly under.

Advice to Management

Please for the sake of the future of your company---get to know who you are promoting to Sales Manager positions. This is a company with awesome values and executives who care, but I am sad to say I left because I wasn't being treated fairly while I was there.

Oct 26, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. Paycom strives to provide a constructive and supportive work environment for all our employees. We hope you took the opportunity while you were with us to use the anonymous ... More

"This place is a joke"

Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not really very many pros that I can think of. The 4.00 lunches are ok, but it's still way cheaper to bring your lunch.

Cons

They act like working for them is a privilege and an honor. They demand for most Jobs that you have a degree but these aren't degree caliber positions. The job that I applied for they put me through the ringer for a measly 15.00 am hour. 711 pays more than that. This place is a joke. As much as a BA or BS costs these days, to be offered cat food for compensation would be a insult! 40,000.00 please!

Advice to Management

Your not Google and your not Apple so quit acting like your gods gift to OKC, your basically a glorified telemarketing company.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that working at Paycom isn't for everyone, but those who do put in the effort, reap the rewards. Our compensation structure is highly ... More

"Opperations- Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

$4 lunches. That's really the only pro. I'd like to put the $1 insurance, but if you take into consideration our HR dept. lying to expecting mothers about their FMLA and short term disability coverages while off of work caring for their babies, the $1 insurance loses credibility really fast. I have over 5 years experience in the insurance/benefits dept... trust me, there are better policies to cover your employees on if you really cared about them.

Cons

I feel like I am back in high school. We have a typical cubical style layout and other teams seem to have no respect for those around them. You see this the most in the PSD department.. grow up and have some respect for those around you that are actually trying to work. I have to put an earplug in one ear because I honestly can't hear my client or my own thoughts over the immature people around me. Don't sing, yell, chant, talk loudly, etc. in a so called "professional" environment.

Advice to Management

1- Tell your PSD teams to grow up and be respectful of others and actually enforce this, or simply stop hiring 20 year olds that don't know how to be mature or professional. They are still babies and they act like it. 2- Have the courage to tell Chad that the system is going to break at any moment. Quit trying to impress him with the latest and greatest "release" when we can't even fix what was wrong with last months update, or 12 months before that. You are putting a bandaid over the problem and someone needs to say something before it is too late. It's too bad that HR encourages you to come on here and write a good review, and upper management requires you to once you are a TL or in a leadership position. I'm sure this review will get lost in the shuffle of all of those reviews very fast.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Paycom is proud of the health insurance options we offer to employees and their families. Additionally, we routinely survey our employees that have been on FMLA to learn ... More

"Paycom"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is filled with great people and has good compensation. I like almost everyone at the company. The culture is unique.

Cons

Maturing software development organization that requires some handholding to mature. Processes can be dated and difficult to change, but things are moving in the right direction.

Oct 4, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! Your feedback helps us to continuously improve as a company and an employer. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Transition Specialist Representative"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule.
    Everyday is different.
    Fun , challenging work.
    Clear raise structure.

Cons

Holiday season is very busy

Advice to Management

Continue hiring.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We hope you keep working hard and having fun.

"NCS"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Good corporate culture. Fun environment

Cons

No work life balance. Burns you out quick. Very low starting pay.

Advice to Management

None

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We understand that Paycom challenges and stretches its employees. Fortunately, those challenges come with the opportunity for career growth. We work diligently to make sure ... More

10. "software developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good experience, and I loved the company. Sometimes it may be tedious but always worthful.

Cons

I don't think there is any because everything is good out there including collegues and my managers.

Advice to Management

keep up the spirit its been always fun to work with paycom

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We noticed you only put 3-stars. Please let us know how we can make working at Paycom at 5-star experience.

11. "Very little but there is some"

Pros

Team work with the group your assigned to

Cons

Drama, A lot of people not getting along

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review. If you have any detailed feedback or concerns, as a current employee you are welcome to use the employee hotline.