Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 40 reviews)

• They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 63 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 34 reviews)

"Very pleased with working for Paycom"

Current Employee - Tax in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working for Paycom, I have been here 5 years and have never loved a company more. The work we do is hard but the overall appreciation for their employees that Paycom shows is completely worth the hard work. I thoroughly enjoy the work I do, the value I am able to add on a daily basis and the friendships I have made. The company is 1 team working for a common goal, I would highly recommend Paycom and agree with the #1 best place to work.

Cons

No cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on internal growth and promotions. I believe management does a great job at providing opportunities and seeing strengths in employees.

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience at Paycom!

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture and the people here are something I couldn't explain. You would have to work here to truly know how amazing it is. The benefits are amazing and the work is good. I feel very confident in my career here.

Cons

Stressful at times but manageable!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The improvements that have been made are working.

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many good reasons to work at this company, but the best reason is how it changes you. You learn so many things that improve who you are as a person and it affects all aspects of your life. I have never been so challenged...and so rewarded.

Cons

We work hard...is that a pro or a con? This is not a place for a lazy person.

Advice to Management

Try to find time to visit each team every now and then. Just a few friendly minutes can make a big difference.

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad to find you have found both the challenge and reward at Paycom!

"High impact, people impacting, enjoyable job"

Current Employee - Tax Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People, always something to do, rewarding, fun job, great environment, encouraging people and management. Always something new to learn. Constant communication

Cons

Overtime, but it’s worth it. This is a high demand job. Constant change, not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes takes getting used to.

Advice to Management

I think we have a great management team. Always visible and willing to talk to whoever wants to talk

Oct 19, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your adaptability to change as Paycom continues to grow!

"Current full time Paycom employee"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Paycom for 4 years and still enjoy coming to work. We do work hard and stay busy, but I would much rather be busy and have that job security than not. They reward us for our hard work by making sure we have a fun culture, and they do a great job at it. We have an onsite gym where they bring in professional fitness companies to run classes, $4 catered lunches, $1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more. They also invest a lot in learning and growing their employees professionally. I have pushed myself harder than I ever thought I would here, and have been rewarded for it. The management in my department gives clear goals and vision, and we know exactly what we need to do to further our career here.

Cons

We do work a lot of overtime in my department during certain parts of the year, and it's like that in other departments as well. However, they make this clear in your interview so it's not a surprise and honestly I don't really mind it because I like to work and enjoy the extra money every few months!

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you sharing your experience and enthusiasm with Paycom.

"The company has a lot of good benefits just not actually when it comes to employment."

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of gifts and events that is nice. I also liked having the meal plan option.

Cons

I didn't like being told what to put in employee surveys or self evaluations. Management was also best friends with other employees and there was a lot of favoritism.

Advice to Management

I believe Paycom needs quality assurance.

Oct 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We’re sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Paycom. We believe the value, experience and professional relationships employees gain far exceed any of the perks or events the company. Regarding... More

"Great Company with Great Culture"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Benefits are great. Cost for individuals is low with a decent deductible.
    -Company culture is phenomenal.
    -Great perks like free lunches, company paid outings, and swag.
    -Amazing leadership team. Everyone in leadership is approachable and friendly.

Cons

-Work/life balance is challenging since almost every position requires overtime.
    -Communication between offices and departments is poor.
    -No paid maternity/paternity leave.
    - Nowhere to grow in the Dallas office.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or HR about growth opportunities at Paycom. We will share your feedback with the management team.

8. "Outside Sales Rep"

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to move up

Cons

They slave you to work

Advice to Management

Do not tell employees that their accent is too thick and that they need to enunciate properly. If it was that bad you shouldn’t have hired them.

Oct 23, 2017 – Paycom Representative

It’s no secret that the role of sales representative is fast-paced, competitive and greatly rewarding. We do our best to clearly communicate the expectations during the interview process. While many... More

9. "Great place for first job"

Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, Good pay, good benefits, friendly culture, catered food, awesome break room, time off

Cons

Toxic atmosphere, bullying, gossip, depending on team.

Advice to Management

Address the gossiping because it was very harmful at times.

Oct 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We’re glad that you believe the company has a positive outlook and would recommend us as an employer. We do value the friendly culture you described and are sorry you felt... More

"A great place to grow"

Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one Paycom has challenged me to reach for my full potential professionally. I love how there are always opportunities to grow and excel at the job you do. During the application process, the recruiters worked personally with me to ensure I interviewed for a position that best fit my skill set and passions.

Cons

A con is having to sit for prolonged periods. There is the option to request a stand up desk with a doctor's note. I plan to get this arranged in the near future.

Advice to Management

I am thankful to have such a great group of people to work with daily that challenge me to continue to grow and develop professionally in my career. Thank you for making this a reality. I came from working as a teacher and was nervous I would struggle with not feeling like I belong in the corporate world. Paycom has a place for everyone and is constantly growing in nearly every department.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback. Please contact HR regarding your work station and standing desk. We will share your feedback with the management team.