Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Great first job."

Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of younger people and is a great job right out of college. Some cool benefits like $1 healthcare, catered meals, nice gym. Raises are marked by clearly defined goals and you can make good money once you become a senior specialist. They seem to understand that there is more work to do for the job than you can get done in 40 hours so they don't get on to you when you work overtime. It is a good job and I really like all the people I work with.

Cons

Starting pay is pretty low and it takes about a year before you really know what you are doing. If you want to have a chance to stay on top of your projects then you will be working at least 5-10 hours of OT a week. This is good for people without families but I don't see how people with children do it.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay scale.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

"Outside Sales Rep (B2B, SaaS)"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial reward, training process, autonomy within a structured system

Cons

Trial by fire, high stress, long hours

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

3. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The on-going education we receive from the executive level is the best asset. From the executives who started this company, to the new employee that recently started, all management and executives will take huge amounts of time to invest all of their resources to developing the best environment for every employee. The people that work at Paycom know that they are apart of a special culture and family on a daily basis.

Cons

I have not come across any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing since Day 1. You invest so much resources and time, and because of that, it is the reasons for huge success for the company on a national scale.

"Lack of Leadership in Paycom / Client Specialist Role"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Great benefits, good culture, lots of free prizes and paycom gear. Not going to lie, they do have some great people and few great leaders in other depts/roles.

Cons

Leadership frowns upon growth when you're in Paycom Specialist role. If you have skills that you can contribute to another dept and that will help them grow even more, they don't encourage it. They tend to put you down rather than motivate you or help you reach your goals especially with Supervisor/TL randomly attacking you in one on one's every week. Numerous times I was personally attacked and mentally harassed by TL; encouraged to pursue other opportunities outside of paycom b/c she felt and judged that my commitment wasn't good enough. One time she said it out loud to the entire team that if you feel like you don't belong here and you're not cut out for this work then maybe Paycom isn't the place for you. I've never heard good leaders speak that way. Also I've never neglected my work, my responsibilities, nor my clients. Client were always happy and I had personally saved 2 of them that wanted to leave Paycom for ADP. Supervisor and TL weren't too happy with my eagerness to grow internally to another dept. TL would randomly take me into a room and question my commitment. Rather than advising me and encouraging me to grow in the role, she suggested that she would rather me pick an opportunity outside of paycom. What kind of a leader does that? If these are the leaders or the kind of leadership they offer, they need better guidance. I mentioned to her several times that my commitment is there and that I want to be goal driven and plugged in with Paycom for long term. Clearly that wasn't good enough either. TL has a lot of personal issues; very judgmental, and was always backed by the supervisor even if it was misleading or a wrong decision at the end of the day. They promote leadership and growth, but don't stand behind it. When issues were taken to senior members of HR, they did not care to find a solution or take action. Favoritism at its finest. I was sick for two days and had a doctors note. I did inform my TL; her advice was that shes sorry that Im not feeling well, but I need to come into work regardless because of their business needs and that I need to approve time-off before hand. How does that work? How do you notify your leader 24 hours prior that you're going to be sick and you need time-off? Also had an eye surgery scheduled for which my TL gave me a hard time and would not allow me to leave work 4 hours early on a Friday to get my surgery. If you get offered for a Paycom/client specialist role, think twice. Many of the new hires that I began with have either quit, put in their two weeks, or are thinking about quitting soon. Their leadership and growth has gone from quantity over quality.

Advice to Management

I was a hardcore advocate for Paycom b/c of their "growth, culture, and leadership." Couldn't have been more excited when I knew I would began for a company that is growing this rapidly. This has been by far the worst experience of my life considering the mental harassment by my supervisor and TL. I hope you can definitely get this taken care of and help improve leadership as it is so hyped up. IF business needs are important, then so are your employee needs such as an eye procedure or medical needs. This isn't my first job out of college. I have a lot of leadership experience as well as good work ethics. I am just disappointed at the fact that leadership did not want to hear my side and jumped to conclusions. Hope this feedback will help you.

Sep 28, 2016 – Sr. Online Community Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear your experience at Paycom wasn’t what you hoped it would be. Paycom fully supports the career development of all its employees and has established ... More

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - HCM Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, perks, benefits, year end party, training, continued education, amazing leadership, friendly atmosphere. If you work hard and put in the work and strive to be a great leader, opportunities will come your way. It is an amazing company who has leaders that want to see everyone excel and flourish. Paycom appreciates its employees and will continue excelling. I have never worked for a company that has so much growth opportunity and truly values their employees.

Cons

No cons in my eyes. A lot of people complain about work however, that is your job and it is so exciting to see how much a paycom is growing. Yes, there will be long days and stressful situations that will come up but that is just part of it and that is at any workplace. Every company will have times like this. We are a growing company and are going to continue to grow and improve. Paycom has the best leaders to help guide and support you and the training department is amazing!

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing leadership, sharing the vision and empowering your employees.

Oct 21, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Paycom experience with others. We're glad you're a part of the Paycom family!

"Most rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the current industry trends and enhanced my industry and legal knowledge tremendously. I felt like I took a crash masters degree in HR management. Secondly, I needed a challenge and wanted to be around inspiring people who pushed me to be a better version of myself. I found those things in Paycom. Every day is new and exciting as a Transition Specialist because I'm working with multiple companies from various different industries at once. I get to drive around the Bay Area meeting with my clients face to face on a daily basis. I truly recommend this job for anyone who is seeking to build their interpersonal, organizational, and business skills. And not to mention that the company/department is growing like crazy so they promote within and there is plenty of room for growth!

Cons

Not really a con if you are a hard worker, but this is not an hourly job where you can clock out after 8 hours sharp - as a project manager you are responsible for the success of your clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within and innovate our processes/product. The culture at Paycom is great - continue to encourage your employees to be innovative, think outside the box, and create lasting friendships with others within the company.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the human capital management industry! Thank you for sharing your experience.

"Transition Specialist - Project Manager"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

- You will have the opportunity to get involved with organizations to create efficiencies, drive progress & innovation, and make an impact on a daily basis. Very rewarding.
    - A lot of smart, dedicated, hardworking individuals in the department and organization.
    - Growing like crazy = tons of opportunities for movement & promotions.
    - Great new hire training program.
    - Great Benefits: $1 Heathcare, 401k w/ Match, Stock Purchase Plan (up 44% in last 6 months).
    - Cell Phone & Car Allowance.
    - Reimbursed Expenses.
    Just to name a few...

Cons

- You will take the blame for things that are out of your control. If considering this position, be prepared to take it on the chin and press on.
    - You will have some long days every now and then. Not a punch the clock 9-5 gig if that is what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

- Continue to take feedback and implement change.
    - Invest in development of new tools to aid process improvements.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback!

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Computer Operator Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Computer Operator Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great atmosphere, good growth opportunities,

Cons

There's far too many sweets available for free

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

No more sweets. Got it. ;-) Thank you for the review and feedback!

10. "NCS Admin"

Current Employee - NCS Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - NCS Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, job description was apt, workplace atmosphere is very comfortable and easy. Hiring process was very streamlined from recruiting to interview everything was fast paced and I always felt like I could reach out for help if needed. I went from applying to interviewing to getting the job all within two weeks.

Cons

Only downside is its a bit far from home and ita easy to get turned around when you're new

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

"Beware Of All The Positive Reviews"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom can provide all the great benefits they boast... I'm sure their response will reference world class training and all the recognition. Sure you can make good money and learn valuable skills. I would say this is a great starter job but definitely not a career. All you need to do is truly look at how long sales employees tend to stay.

Cons

I would like to point out that Paycom actively tells employees to leave positive reviews here so you have to take every positive with a grain of salt. If a company has to ask employees to write reviews to cover up the negative reviews here it says a lot. A company that truly believes in itself would welcome all the negatives .

Next this is such a structured job. There is no freedom at all and you are constantly tracked and monitored. Depending on the territory you will spend over 8 hours cold-calling the same 100-200 companies a week trying to achieve your appointment quota. And if you fall short they say keep calling which eventually leads to every potential prospect getting annoyed and never buying. Newsflash there are only so many companies in a territory...

Also 5 Vacation days a year is all you get starting out and it id frowned upon if you take them. Especially if you havent sold anything in 1 week!

Advice to Management

The process is great and has been successful but the reps need more freedom this is not High School!

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

We have a number of tenured individuals in our salesforce who have been with Paycom for 10-plus years. Those individuals are executives in every sense of the word and would disagree with your ... More