Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 42 reviews)

• 4 catered lunches every day- can't beat that (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Many departments have frequent periods of poor work/life balance (in 66 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 36 reviews)

"My Paycom Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Paycom three years as of December, one of my college classmates referred me to Paycom. I was working at a bank and just couldn't see any growth opportunity. Paycom offers so many growth opportunities in every department. As well as personal growth, I joined a company that wanted to not only see me grow professional, but personal too. I have been a part of our LEAD program and learn more about the company and about myself as Leader. The culture as Paycom is different from any company I have every worked for. Our culture is what makes us different from everyone in business. We strive on helping our customers, and serving each other.

Cons

Honestly, Paycom is truly remarkable.

Nov 13, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're so happy that your college classmate referred you to us.

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Pacyom is very fast-paced, so work is never boring. The compensation is fair and senior leadership invests in the growth of employees! There is a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Because it is very fast-paced, it's not a fit for everyone!

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

3. "Great place to work in this department (Quality Assurance)"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free monthly luncheons, $4 lunch catered (2 options each day, dairy free and vegetarian options also available), great relationship with management, respect between coworkers and those in leadership positions, excellent environment to grow and work in your own style (but standard hours), promotion opportunities abound (particularly at this time)

Cons

Secrecy in terms of salaries and bonuses, implied risk associated with sharing how much money you make, traffic leaving work adds at least 15 min to travel time, if not 30

Advice to Management

Promote black women. There are several black women within the company who have years of experience, lead projects, and demonstrate their value to the company, but have been passed over for promotion in favor of white men (who do not have the same, or appropriate experience or abilities or relationships to obtain management roles). It implies that promotions are not merit-based.

Dec 1, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at Paycom. Paycom is an EEO employer and believes in developing its people and compensating all of its employees fairly and competitively. If you... More

"Love working for Paycom"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

I have learned a lot of leadership skills that helps boost my career

Cons

Very fast paced environment. Be prepared to learn fast.

Nov 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

"You are Boarding a Rocket Ship"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Can growth be the pro and the con? I've been personally challenged and my life has changed in many ways. Figuring out how to ride a rocket ship is scary, difficult and challenging, but is the reward worth it? That is for the individual to decide. But what is the alternative? Stagnation or decline? I'll go with the rocket ship. I believe top talent chooses the rocket ship too!

-They provide a very competitive salary and overall compensation. The CEO is a capitalist and gives stock equity deep into the organization. Which it has done very well by the way. Look it up PAYC.
    -Incredible people work here.
    -A beautiful campus and environment.
    -The support is endless to help one another. If your not getting it, you should tell someone as it must a be a rogue manager.
    -There is a clear vision where the company is headed.
    -Growth and development is a personal mission of theirs.
    -They work very hard to accomplish the mission. (Is this a con?)
    -They care deeply about their customers and employees.
    -They listen and try to make adjustments when they can. For example, they just expanded time off.

Cons

I don't think they pretend to have all the answers especially with as much growth and change as they have seen. However, they need to be transparent, genuine, and real.

They need to stick to a strategy and initiative in specific departments. There sometimes is to much change with the breeze and it is difficult to understand and stay focused on what one needs to accomplish.

Advice to Management

We know your success is going to continue. Accomplishing big challenges isn't for everyone. Just make sure you continue to listen and adjust. But once their is a strategy from the top, stick to it to get it accomplished!

Aug 10, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and for your feedback. We appreciate the rocket ship analogy!

"Great if you are single and don’t have kids."

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The salary is very competitive, they have catered lunches so it’s nice not to worry about packing your lunch. The place is very clean.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. For a single mother it is impossible be involved in activities and also work at Paycom. Management sucks, it’s all about production and they could care less about you as person.

Advice to Management

More of a work life balance.

Nov 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

You are correct the salary is very competitive and that is because our employees provide tremendous value and support to our clients. We also care for our employees and Paycom recently increased PTO... More

"Best Company Culture"

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

In the short time since I joined the company, I have learned so much. I am consistently learning every day. Paycom does a great job of investing in its employees and enhancing their professional growth. On top of that, the company culture is one you can't beat. Great benefits, lunch and campus amenities. Paycom takes care of its employees' needs while inspiring them to be the best they can be.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Nov 2, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it.

"Honestly a real great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Really listen to their employees
    - Its not perfect but they are always trying to find ways to be better
    - Young and full of growth. I've been here for a year and a half and everyone from my original team has been promoted... besides me. I have moved around on teams finding more and more opportunities to grow.
    -At the end of the day life isn't perfect

Cons

Growing pains, like I said above its not perfect so there are a few growing pains

Oct 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Been around"

Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at numerous places, have no college degree and have never been able to have the opportunities I've had here. Pay potential for someone like me isn't available unless you wanna be a roughneck. Culture is awesome. Benefits are great.

Cons

They hire a lot of young kids who are spoiled and complain and gossip. Wish they would hire more mature people.

Advice to Management

Hire more professional people and not 22 year olds that complain about EVERYTHING!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your are excited about the opportunities at Paycom. We hope you'll help us develop our younger professionals through your continued enthusiasm and... More

"Get on the Green Rocket!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Accelerated career growth like no other
    • Learn from incredible leadership
    • Surround yourself with likeminded top notch professionals
    • Best in class product
    • Best in class comp plan
    • Stock Rewards
    • Presidents Club

Cons

• May not be a good fit for everyone
    • Not everybody gets a cookie
    • You will max out your 401K
    • You will max out your FICA Tax limit

Advice to Management

Keep the Rocket Ship fueled!

Aug 15, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback with us.