Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated October 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 1 health insurance, fun activities every year such as the fall party, National Payroll Week and more (in 39 reviews)

• They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is a challenge at Paycom (in 60 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 32 reviews)

"Come Join Us!"

Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Product Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The investment the Leaders have in the company reflect with every achievement Paycom has received plus the hard work the employees have dedicated to their clients and company as a whole. It is great to know that there is opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

The environment and community at Paycom is incredible. The people I work with day-to-day are my family. I do life with them outside of work. Aslo, the company knows how to treat us by doing fun things such as: competitions, monthly luncheons, National Payroll Week, Customer Appreciation Week, Wellness Week and so much more.

Plus benefits and $4 meals cannot be beat.

Come Join Us!

Cons

The work we do here is a challenge, but honestly it is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by staying focus on the mission. Continue to stay invested in your teams, employees and community. It all makes a difference. If anything, stay encouraged.

Sep 26, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review, your enthusiasm and hard work!

2. "Proud to Be A Paycom Employee"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every business has it’s pros and cons. But I’m so proud to be a part of this growing company. I’m grateful for the relationships and experiences I’ve had here. I know that the work I do is meaningful and makes a difference. Employees who bring knowledge and expertise to the table are needed and valued, and can play a significant role in the future of this company.

Great co-workers, incredible career opportunities, and good benefits.

Cons

The need for urgency due to fast-pace growth can sometimes outweigh other important aspects in decision-making.

Oct 4, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are also really proud of our employees and the great work they do.

3. "Great place for first job"

Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - COBRA Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, Good pay, good benefits, friendly culture, catered food, awesome break room, time off

Cons

Toxic atmosphere, bullying, gossip, depending on team.

Advice to Management

Address the gossiping because it was very harmful at times.

4. "Great Company with Great Culture"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Benefits are great. Cost for individuals is low with a decent deductible.
    -Company culture is phenomenal.
    -Great perks like free lunches, company paid outings, and swag.
    -Amazing leadership team. Everyone in leadership is approachable and friendly.

Cons

-Work/life balance is challenging since almost every position requires overtime.
    -Communication between offices and departments is poor.
    -No paid maternity/paternity leave.
    - Nowhere to grow in the Dallas office.

Oct 18, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and sharing your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or HR about growth opportunities at Paycom. We will share your feedback with the management team.

"Growing company with a bright future!"

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth - Paycom is a growing company and you can grow right along with it; the ability to move my career forward here has been a major positive change from my last job. Coming from my previous company where promotions were rare and typically went to the best self-promoters instead of those who earned it Paycom has been a breath of fresh air.
    People - I love the people I work with! With the amount of time I spend with my co-workers (see cons) it's important to me that I like them, and at Paycom I do.
    Perks - PTO was just increased for most employees! Also there's a gym on site and the benefits are good. The health plan for Employee Only coverage is $1 and I've had family coverage that was more expensive.
    Purpose - Working for a company that cares about the community and empowers employees to give back is wonderful.
    Product - The best thing for me is that the company's outlook is great - I believe in the product we sell and the direction the company is moving.

Cons

Balance - The #1 con for me is work/life balance there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done and it makes for plenty of OT.
    Growing Pains - Growing pains come along with growth and Paycom is growing like crazy. If you've ever worked in a high growth environment you know what I'm talking about.
    Benefits - While good the benefit package could be better; more options for family coverage with a less expensive plan offering would be great. Company contributions to 401(k) are just average.

Advice to Management

Keep growing! But don't forget that change is hard on employees, so when you make changes make sure they've been fully thought through with input from those most affected.
    Reconsider how much the company pays for family benefits and retirement match.
    Invest in training your people; while some departments have more leeway than others everyone should have time for professional growth.
    Remember that happy employees = happy customers.

Aug 30, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review! We will be sure to share your feedback with the management team.

"I LOVE PAYCOM 💚💚"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people. Fun events. Lots of t shirts and freebies. Positive and encouraging work environment.

Cons

Only one cafe (for now). 5 o'clock traffic is the worst.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Sep 28, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We love that you love Paycom.

"The best company!"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom treats their employees the best way possible. There are many reasons why I love paycom so here are a few: great team environment, great leaders and leadership opportunities, friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and so many employee benefits and activities.

Cons

I have no cons! It truly is a wonderful company.

Advice to Management

I believe the management at paycom is fantastic. They inspire everyone to be leaders and to reach our goals whether it be personal or work related. They push us to do our best and reach our full potential.

Oct 2, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm!

8. "Outside Sales Rep"

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to move up

Cons

They slave you to work

Advice to Management

Do not tell employees that their accent is too thick and that they need to enunciate properly. If it was that bad you shouldn’t have hired them.

"Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, Ideas are heard, Innovation is all around, Feeling of being a part of something great, phenomenal growth so opportunity for advancement is very high

Cons

Traffic at 8:00 and 5:00

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!

Sep 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Hardword DOES NOT Go Unnoticed"

Current Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - New Client Setup in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like the following, then this place is for you:
    Enjoy and make life long friends with like minded individuals.
    Receiving value when you add value
    Receiving critical feedback to develop skills
    Making an impact across millions of people throughout the US
    Being part of historic growth

Paycom is about evolution, much like today's world and technology. We cannot stay the same, or we will get left in the dust. Paycom has a clear direction and understands that change and accountability will help achieve greatness for customers and employees. Paycom is not for people "OK" with the status quo. Paycom wants driven learners, that are willing to grow personally as fast as they will grow professionally.
    As hard as the work is, it's even more rewarded and Paycom does a great job recognizing employees. Whether it's all company lunches, giveaways, or a handwritten note from an Executive Leader, Paycom is all about the people.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Aug 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Hi! We're going to assume you meant "HardWORK does not go unnoticed," and you're correct. Thank you for your review and sharing your experience at Paycom!