Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor

Paycom Reviews

Updated March 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 45 reviews)

• This job involves hard work - especially while you are in training (in 25 reviews)

"Transition Specialist Representative"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule.
    Everyday is different.
    Fun , challenging work.
    Clear raise structure.

Cons

Holiday season is very busy

Advice to Management

Continue hiring.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We hope you keep working hard and having fun.

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate is absolutely amazing. The executive staff are lovely people who I do believe truly care about their company.

Cons

Lower level management behavior borders on abusive. I left this company with a horrible taste in my mouth because of how miserable I was coming to work each day. The sad part is that I was exceeding my quota the entire time I was there. I truly believe this is due only to one individual, who I happened to work directly under.

Advice to Management

Please for the sake of the future of your company---get to know who you are promoting to Sales Manager positions. This is a company with awesome values and executives who care, but I am sad to say I left because I wasn't being treated fairly while I was there.

Oct 26, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. Paycom strives to provide a constructive and supportive work environment for all our employees. We hope you took the opportunity while you were with us to use the anonymous ... More

"Growing Pains!"

Current Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is sort of fun, the building is really nice. They hire great people to work with. Lots of swag, free t-shirts and monthly luncheons are fun.

Cons

Development department management is a joke. Lots of finger pointing about the problems, very little effective leadership. I worked overtime often for months to try to improve my performance, but I may as well have not shown up for all that my manager noticed. They only care about surface results and short-term goals being met. 'Long-Term' is still a totally foreign concept, and having no longer-term direction is frustrating for someone as ambitious as myself.

Advice to Management

For the development department, get a defined, pre-calculable method for evaluating performance. The 3-month lag on development deliverables is ridiculous.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy working with your fellow employees. As a current employee, we encourage you to share any constructive feedback through the appropriate channels ... More

"Good company, awful work life balance"

Pros

love the company with decent growth opportunities, great training program, good incentives, great base

Cons

lots of pressure, cut throat environment, unprofessional environment and lots of office drama, awful management choices, competitive environment, lots of micro management, work on the weekends, at night, etc.

Advice to Management

need to do a better job choosing managers more selectively

Oct 28, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. Our goal at Paycom is to create a constructive environment that offers both challenge and opportunities for our employees. We're committed to developing our employees at ... More

"This place is a joke"

Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not really very many pros that I can think of. The 4.00 lunches are ok, but it's still way cheaper to bring your lunch.

Cons

They act like working for them is a privilege and an honor. They demand for most Jobs that you have a degree but these aren't degree caliber positions. The job that I applied for they put me through the ringer for a measly 15.00 am hour. 711 pays more than that. This place is a joke. As much as a BA or BS costs these days, to be offered cat food for compensation would be a insult! 40,000.00 please!

Advice to Management

Your not Google and your not Apple so quit acting like your gods gift to OKC, your basically a glorified telemarketing company.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that working at Paycom isn't for everyone, but those who do put in the effort, reap the rewards. Our compensation structure is highly ... More

"NCS"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Good corporate culture. Fun environment

Cons

No work life balance. Burns you out quick. Very low starting pay.

Advice to Management

None

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review. We understand that Paycom challenges and stretches its employees. Fortunately, those challenges come with the opportunity for career growth. We work diligently to make sure ... More

"Human Capital Management Consultant"

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Good pay once you get going, but that can usually take a while. Pretty fun work environment. Good sales training, benefits, and product.

Cons

Zero work life balance. You will feel as if you never have time off or freedom outside work. Cut throat work environment. The product itself does not work well with larger companies. No one has ever heard of Paycom so you have no credibility selling it unless you have references which often times are just restaurants or schools.

Nov 4, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the feedback. Paycom is proud of our product, our employees and the service they provide to our clients, regardless of size. We're also happy to say we continue to make a positive ... More

"Great company, struggling through some growing pains..."

Pros

Great benefits, amazing sales training, and a fun but drive to compete culture with very high rewards!

Cons

Quota driven, no growth opportunity without requirement of relocation to corporate selected locations only, and struggling to keep their internal processes smooth and successful through their growth.

Advice to Management

Overall, the best company I have worked for so keep up the great work! The only thing I would recommend is allow more open dialogue conversation between sales and service/corporate in order for you to not lose people in the quick growth mode.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Exciting Times at Paycom!"

Pros

It is a very exciting time to work for Paycom! There is a tremendous amount of growth - which people will always find negatives in - but I would much rather work with a company that is trending up, rather than watching my colleagues lose their jobs because of a dying industry. That is not the case here. Everyone works extremely hard, but with a common goal. The amount that Paycom pours into their employees and to keep them happy is really neat to see!

Cons

There are cons associate with the growth of the company - really these are just temporary inconveniences - so they will no longer be cons very soon!

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We believe it's an exciting time too!

11. "software developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good experience, and I loved the company. Sometimes it may be tedious but always worthful.

Cons

I don't think there is any because everything is good out there including collegues and my managers.

Advice to Management

keep up the spirit its been always fun to work with paycom

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We noticed you only put 3-stars. Please let us know how we can make working at Paycom at 5-star experience.