Cover image for Paycom

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Their benefits are great and generous(in 296 reviews)
  • "Great Culture based on the company values where you will be engaged and involved(in 191 reviews)
  • "The people and the work you do are great!(in 159 reviews)
  • "Great pay and with tiers of pay increasing as your client revenue increases.(in 135 reviews)
  • "great training and exposure to real life applicable work scenarios(in 108 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Paycom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Once in a life time opportunity

Mar 11, 2022 - INSIDE SALES REGIONAL MANAGER in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom has changed my life personally, professionally, and financially so much in the time that I've been here. We are extremely fast moving which means tons of opportunities to move up within the organization. The culture is great, the pay is great, the benefits are great. Don't pass up on the opportunity!

Cons

It's a hard job and not everyone can do it. If you give it the time it requires to learn the job, I don't believe there is a better place to be than at Paycom!

19 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your dedication! We’re happy you’re enjoying your career at Paycom and appreciate you being part of the team.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 29, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed the benefits

Cons

Long Hours and I felt tired

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review. We wish you well in your future role!

3. Join the Paycom team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

High Reward, High Challenge, Life-changing experience

Nov 21, 2022 - Regional Director of Sales in Northeast, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Incredible teammates dedicated to a high level of performance. 2. Encouraged to push for new ideas and strategies within the department. 3. I get to work with some of my closest friends I have developed over the years on helping make a real impact. 4. Goal-driven environment. We are always talking about how our professional results impact our personal objectives. 5. Never boring. We are always evolving and changing. While that can put you in uncomfortable positions at times, that just means you are adjusting to new skills you are yet to develop. 6. Compensation is excellent. 7. You truly have a voice. Most companies you can make suggestions on strategy and it is either ignored or stolen. Here, I have seen for years, you can truly impact those around you as both an individual contributor and in management through your ideas and experience. 8. High-intensity culture where we are always pursuing nothing short of excellence. We have the autonomy to create our own cultures and win with our ideas and experiences in-line with greater company mission.

Cons

It truly is a high intensity culture. For myself and those around me, we love it. Our teams love it as well and while some days are truly difficult, we are significantly better now than we were despite some of the hurdles we have to figure out along the way. If you have the energy and drive to win both personally and professionally, you will love it here.

Paycom Representative

Paycom wins when our team members feel heard, seen and valued. We are thrilled to know that you've accomplished goals in your professional and personal life while working at Paycom. We appreciate the work our sales teams do to share Paycom's software with companies all over the country, and we thank you for being a part of the team for over ten years!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked with no WLB

Nov 29, 2022 - PSD Specialist in Grapevine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and with tiers of pay increasing as your client revenue increases. $4 Lunches daily! Amazing low cost benefits for single people. Everyone is very friendly around the office. On campus gym for all employees to use. Large parking garage to protects cars from the elements. Tight security that requires badges to get through any door. They say big changes are coming next year that will help this position function better!

Cons

Overtime is a huge reality, and once you’re out of training after a few weeks you’ll be staying 2-5+ hours late DAILY for OT. Unrealistic standards to meet with being in a phone que and handing your own clients questions. Large client loads that increase weekly to biweekly, and there is no way to request to not get more clients. Most new hires don’t finish training due to the poor quality of training and preparation. When you hit certain client revenue points you have to show the revenue to your TL, who is also extremely busy and it might not get submitted. It could be over a month before your request is put in or approved.

6. 5.0

Growth Environment that Values its People

Nov 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every day at Paycom is exciting. It is a company that puts a huge emphasis on innovation, its people, and our clients that we have the opportunity to have an impact on. If you ask anyone at Paycom what they love most about the company most often you are going to hear the people. At Paycom you are surrounded by hard working individuals that are always pushing themselves to be better. I am fortunate for the growth that I have experienced at Paycom and can truly not imagine a better company and culture to have the opportunity to be a part of. Outside of the people and culture Paycom offers incredible benefits and pay structure. There is opportunity to bet on yourself and continue to be compensated through a generous commission structure. Additionally, every year Paycom offers more benefits and takes on larger portions of the premiums to make these plans affordable to their employees. I feel grateful to work for a company that truly values its people!

Cons

It is a culture with high expectations and with that comes large responsibility. I think that only helps individuals grow more in this environment and step out of their comfort zone.

Paycom Representative

Innovation and grit are two characteristics that drive Paycom to be an industry leader. Like you, we value our hard-working team members who are determined to win. Thank you for being with us for over seven years!

7. 5.0

Tax

Nov 29, 2022 - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Paycom, I have been with the company for 7 years and have loved every day of it. They have wonderful benefits great pay and would recommend anyone to come work for this company and experience it yourself. Paycom has a great atmosphere and is one of the friendly places you will ever work for.

Cons

Being in the tax department we do have periods where we work long hours, but the overtime is great and they have flexible work hours. You have a lot of opportunity to earn a lot of extra income with the overtime but during filing periods especially the hours can get long. However you are well compensated for your time.

Paycom Representative

We are grateful for your long-standing commitment to the Paycom team, and we're happy you enjoy the atmosphere. Thank you for the work you have accomplished in your department. If you have further feedback, please reach out to hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

8. 5.0

A Career Centered around Growth

Nov 29, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teammates build you up around you and create a healthy competitive environment. Leadership genuinely cares about growth on multiple facets; personal growth, team growth, financial growth, etc Clients challenge you at first because its a new face and new to the product, but they are very loyal to you with time and credibility. I have built a great network with my clients.

Cons

A lot of initiatives and processes constantly changing, but that is expected of a fast growing company specifically in HR space. Its a hard working job, but the reward is much greater. Some aspects of customer service important you know delegation and setting expectations.

Paycom Representative

At Paycom, we cherish healthy bonds because we believe they are the key to reaching new heights as a team. It's gratifying to know you feel supported and challenged as a professional. We appreciate your long-standing loyalty and feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Not your average sales org

Nov 9, 2022 - Outside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

High focus in professional growth. High expectations with high levels of support. Tons of success all around which gives motivation. I am truly inspired by the sales professionals in the company and strive to be there one day. Same territory means actually building relationships and building value over time instead of trying to get a quick sale before they change again. Huge base salary, never heard of one this high. Huge opportunities to make even more in commission.

Cons

It’s intense. Extreme highs and extreme lows. In person rejection isn’t something people are typically used to and can be a rough transition. You work the entire sales cycle so at times you can wonder how in the world you have time for everything. Oh and the company has never done layoffs and never plans to. Huge testament to how well the company is doing and how they view their employees.

3 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We're glad to know you're enjoying your position with Paycom, and we look forward to your growth within the company. Thank you for your review!

10. 2.0
    Current Employee

It’s not what it used to be

Nov 11, 2022 - Senior Tax Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

$1 health insurance 401K Pet insurance

Cons

Bad lunches The company plays favorites Underpaid and under appreciated

5 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We're disappointed with the culture you describe, as we aim to maintain a consistent, uplifting environment for each of our Paycom departments. Employee morale is one of our top priorities, and we want to know how to be better for our teams. Please reach out to hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and one of our team members will reach contact you to learn more.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall Great Company to Work For

Oct 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Pay is great and overall higher than the average market. -Benefits are great, especially healthcare (employee only Medical is $1.00 per check). -Opportunities to move up are plentiful. Current leaders work with you closely to achieve your goals. -Fast paced and not a boring job, there is always something to do. -Feedback is given and received in a healthy way making it possible to do whatever you put your energy and drive into.

Cons

-Work life balance can be hard at times, there are certain periods that could be busier than others and it is expected to put the extra time in. This could be devoting weekends to ensuring the work gets done. -Rigid stance on working from home capabilities in some departments, with it being essentially non existent for some. -Some recent decisions by management felt like they were out of touch with what was happening on the employee level ground floor. Overall this is a great company to work for and you can feel a sense of accomplishment and belonging. It can feel like the people you work with are essentially family and it is definitely a work hard play hard environment. If you are the person who likes to work hard and grind daily and you will thrive in this company.

Paycom Representative

Our team members' well-being and development are important to us. For this reason, Paycom leaders strive to help our teams through fulfilling projects to ensure their professional goals are met, and we're happy this has been your experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,612 Reviews
</>Embed

Paycom Reviews FAQs

Paycom has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 2,716 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Paycom to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paycom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paycom. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

78% of Paycom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paycom 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Paycom to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Paycom Job Seekers