Paycom Sales Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 34 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 48 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"Culture of Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Dedicated Training, They truly invest in you

Cons

No real cons. A lot will be thrown at you in the beginning so be prepared.

Jun 15, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the review!

"Beware Of All The Positive Reviews"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom can provide all the great benefits they boast... I'm sure their response will reference world class training and all the recognition. Sure you can make good money and learn valuable skills. I would say this is a great starter job but definitely not a career. All you need to do is truly look at how long sales employees tend to stay.

Cons

I would like to point out that Paycom actively tells employees to leave positive reviews here so you have to take every positive with a grain of salt. If a company has to ask employees to write reviews to cover up the negative reviews here it says a lot. A company that truly believes in itself would welcome all the negatives .

Next this is such a structured job. There is no freedom at all and you are constantly tracked and monitored. Depending on the territory you will spend over 8 hours cold-calling the same 100-200 companies a week trying to achieve your appointment quota. And if you fall short they say keep calling which eventually leads to every potential prospect getting annoyed and never buying. Newsflash there are only so many companies in a territory...

Also 5 Vacation days a year is all you get starting out and it id frowned upon if you take them. Especially if you havent sold anything in 1 week!

Advice to Management

The process is great and has been successful but the reps need more freedom this is not High School!

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

We have a number of tenured individuals in our salesforce who have been with Paycom for 10-plus years. Those individuals are executives in every sense of the word and would disagree with your ... More

"You Will Work Hard, But It's Worth Every Second"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Today I had a client that read some bad reviews on Paycom. The things that she read were so far from the truth of what the company is really about at it's core that I felt the need to express my opinion. I have worked for a Fortune 500 company, for the city and county of a hometown where I grew up, and even in the restaurant business. I have never seen so much talent, dedication, and support from all departments as I've seen at Paycom. I really wanted this to be out there in the world for people to see and value. It's something to truly consider from a cultural standpoint when you're evaluating where you want to work and who you want to partner with. But if you want someone that is going to actually care about you as an employee, client, and person, this is the company for you.

Cons

With what I said in my pros, I am going to extend the truth about the level of hard work a company like Paycom expects of you. You will have to put in many hours, especially in the beginning; it is worth every second, though. The reason for this is because the company holds extremely high standards about the level of quality our service provides. You need to understand legislation, financial analysis, product knowledge, business acumen, and excellent customer service. This is not something that comes easy--it takes seasoned workers years to accomplish this level of expertise and quality. However, one of the great things that makes Paycom so special is that they believe in the millennial generation; they give opportunity and training to youth that has natural talent so that their skill set can be increased at an accelerated rate. They're a company that doesn't necessarily believe that seniority trumps skill--in fact, it's the opposite. Honestly, the only person that wouldn't fit the company is the person that is either not fit for this industry or role, or is not willing to put in the work to achieve the success. Just my two cents.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to separate sales executives from BDR/SDR responsibilities. Companies are trending toward this organizational style, and I think it could really benefit the executives from an efficiency standpoint, but I'm also loving the extra responsibility for now because of how much I'm learning in my career and how involved I am from start to finish with a client, so it goes both ways!

May 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the detailed review!

"Paycom Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has an amazing leadership team from our CSO and CEO, regional directors, and area managers that inspire each other every day. Executive management is so involved with the sales and transition force, they even know every rep personally. Paycom is constantly rolling out learning courses for reps and product trainings to keep you up to date on all company changes! As a sales rep you work be territory and can have your manager on apts with you weekly for training and help. There is a new hire training, 6 month refresher training, and reoccuring 6 month trainings for all reps. There is an paid Presidents Club trip every year and plenty of benefits for all of their employees. Paycom exemlifies many opportunities for growth and promotion with constantly adding new offices and promoting people to upper management there is always a chance to move up! Paycom is a young fun company culture where you can still have an impact on putting processes in place!

Cons

Just like any outside sales rep job there are are always ever changing strategies with new accounts or deals. The job is constantly changing based on prospects and your pipeline so you have to be a hard worker and be ready for something new all the time!

Advice to Management

Would love to further our internship program for college students and mentorship program for new reps!

Apr 6, 2016 – Representative

Thank you the detailed review!

"I LOVE MY LIFE AT PAYCOM!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth personally, professionally and fiscally. I wake up so excited to attack every day and I truly love what I do.

Cons

Only 5 days a week of selling

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Feb 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

"Highest Quality Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

Pros

The overall experience has been one that is head and shoulders beyond anything I have ever experienced. I learned more about sales in one week of training than I did in 5 years of college. The employees are helpful and carry themselves as executives. Upper management actually cares about your success. The best part is that there is no ceiling for your financial growth.

Cons

I can find nothing negative to say about Paycom

Advice to Management

Continue to show an interest in your investments (employees) Your desire to help us grow our knowledge of sales is impeccable. The vision this company has for the future makes me excited to be a part of it.

Jan 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience!

"Amazing opportunities!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much that I would like to thank Paycom for. You will grow as an individual and have the opportunity to create value for your clients and Paycom. Every action taken at Paycom is rewarded with compensation, development, trips and awards. Upper Management and our C-level care not only about the success of the company but individual employees as well. It is incredible to see how much of their time they devote to trainings, development programs and to listening and implementing feedback from employees. Your voice will be heard!

Cons

In my eyes this is not a con but be prepared to work hard. Great success can be had but you will have to put the work in. However you will always be rewarded in a big way!

Advice to Management

Continue what we are doing! Roll out a structured mentorship program for new reps as we continue to grow.

Sep 15, 2015 – Representative

We greatly appreciate all that you do to make Paycom successful!

"Current Sales Rep - There is no company in the world like Paycom!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

I am a current employee at Paycom. I was hired in the NJ market a little over 4 years ago and I have not looked back! Aside from the fact that the company is experiencing a growth rate unmatched by any competitor, they have still managed to maintain a high value on the employee experience! They have rewarded us for results by sending us on trips to places such as Maui, HI and taking us out once a month for a team building event usually at very nice restaurants. There is a true commitment to our development and personal growth starting from my direct supervisor ending all the way at the very top at our CSO. Our CSO holds training events every 3 months that are not only incredibly helpful but very fun. I have created friendships with people across the country who I would have otherwise never met if ti wasn't for these training events. I have met some of my best friends because of Paycom! I could not have gotten luckier to end up at such an unbelievable place to work!

Cons

There aren't any cons that you would be unaware of. In my capacity, there are weeks where I need to put in more hours than usual but this is expected in a sales role. At the end of the day, your results are a direct reflection of your skill level and effort.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!

Sep 17, 2015 – Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. Your endorsement means a lot and we will continue to place grave importance on the employee experience!

"Incredible Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't usually take the time to write reviews but I am one that likes to read other peoples reviews on restaurants, products, services, ect so I felt the need to write one on my experience here at Paycom.
            I have been a sales rep for Paycom for 3+ years and it has been an incredible journey for me. I came from a medical sales job where I didn't see a future with much opportunity so I started looking elsewhere. Well Paycom was the best decision I have ever made in my career....
            I started as a sales rep and then quickly moved up to an Executive Sales rep (the next tier) making well over 100k my first year with commission. I now have a 100K base, plus commission, and have doubled what I made in my last job and continue to exceed my personal and professional goals.
           Not only is Paycom great as far as your potential in earnings but they also provide so many different avenues for you to continue to grow and be promoted. I can't say enough great things about the possibilities here at Paycom.

Cons

This one is hard because I really love it and feel like Paycom does so many things right, but the biggest thing would be the PTO.. I wish we got more days off based on tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have never felt more supported from upper management and felt like they truly have every single employees best interest. This is so hard to find in a mid size and growing company.

Jul 24, 2015 – Representative

As stated, we are here to support you and each of our employees. Based on feedback, we added to our PTO policy and additional time-off is accrued based on certain lengths of service. We are happy to ... More

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

Pros

Paycom gives each employee an opportunity to build a career and life that they want. With initial training to ongoing development, there is an endless amount of opportunity to grow. It is amazing to work for a sales team that truly admires and places so much importance on its people. I have never seen anything like it! I enjoy getting up everyday and doing what I love with people that I call family.

Cons

There have been no cons in my experience at Paycom.