Paycom Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earnings potential with base and commissions!

Cons

There are no cons to working at Paycom.

Advice to Management

Ad more fun to sales cycle to increase sales.

Mar 27, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback!

"Sales Representative"

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary. Co-workers.

Cons

You won't have a life. Period. They will expect you to eat, drink, and speak Paycom 24/7 (drink the Paycom koolaid). If you have friends, a family, hobbies, or general activities outside of work, this is NOT the job for you. This is an extremely corporate job where "Paycom standards" have to be met on a weekly basis or you'll get written up/fired. Micromanagement is so unbelievable you'll think you're in preschool again. If you're a seasoned professional with sales experience, your head will spin in disbelief and amazement. Don't be fooled by the awesome "culture" they promote. Expect to be working 70-80 hour work weeks with 5 days off TOTAL a year (I'm serious). There is no cushion for "off days" and you'll expect to be in constant contact with your Manager e.g. "send me a picture of where you are?" There is absolutely ZERO trust in your abilities and are constantly under the microscope. Local management is so fake and superficial it's unreal. Look elsewhere unless you're desperate...

Advice to Management

I know Paycom likes to hire new college grads because they have no prior work experience and can brainwash them into thinking this amount of work/life style is normal, but c'mon. We all have lives outside of work. Sales professionals need to recharge and be fresh to be impactful to their clients unless you're a robot.

May 11, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Sales representative roles are fast-paced and require cooperation with management. We clearly outline expectations, the effort required and what it takes to be successful during the interviewing ... More

"Outside Sales Representative"

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High-Base compensation
    Intensive, thorough training

Cons

Incredibly demanding
    Paycom does not belief in work/life balance, they believe in "life fulfillment."
    Very stressful, with no emotional support
    Insufficient PTO policies

Advice to Management

Salespeople are still people, with families. The company loses highly-competent, successful people due to burnout from meeting unrealistic expectations. Family & Personal lives suffer as a result. Turnover is not due to poor self-image, it's due to the unreasonably demanding nature of the role you seek to fill.

Mar 20, 2017 – Paycom Representative

We absolutely believe in the importance of “life-fulfillment” and support our employees through training and professional development programs. PTO increases with tenure as it does at most ... More

"Paycom"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycom is the most amazing company with exceptional leaders. There is plenty of growth opportunity and they compensate you very highly. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Paycom. I am unbelievably grateful to work here.

Cons

I do not have anything even remotely negative to say about Paycom.

Advice to Management

None.

Feb 7, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Paycom.

"Avoid this company if you want an employer who values you"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gave them 2 stars because the technology is really good and proprietary. There are some nice people who work there and the base salary is good.

Cons

This company will lure you in with big money talks and a great base salary. They will tell you that you have to work your butt off for the payoff and they will constantly spit 6 figure salary and huge commission check stories down your throat. However, WARNING: they do not value you as an employee at all and they will fire you for any reason. I was fired with no notice and no options after I chose to be honest about a personal issue, and offered no options though I feel quite strongly the issue could have been resolved and I could have contributed a LOT to the team as a salesperson with a fantastic track record. I was offered no severance. Honestly, it was probably for the best because I could smell fishy all over that office... from the company conference calls trashing people who leave and mocking people who get fired to the office mysteriously needing to change the alarm code all the time because of people "leaving". I'm sure the longer I was there the more red flags would have come up... seriously, at every turn there was some kind of comment about someone getting fired or quitting... Just be aware that they will fire you for any reason--and this does include your sales performance. They want you to make $100k deals and if you don't... boy bye. Trust me, the $70K base salary and the pep talks are NOT worth it.

Advice to Management

You are so pumped up about your product and the opportunity, so how about you value employees? Surely you'll make more money if you actually developed talent and improved retention. Oh, and let go of your grudge with ADP. Capitalism = competition and Paycom would not even exist if it weren't for ADP.

Feb 9, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your feedback. It’s unfortunate that your experience with Paycom is not what you hoped it would be. While we can’t speak specifically to your situation, we do value our employees and ... More

"Life changing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible training and continued opportunity for development, average income for sales rep is 289k, inspiring leadership, overall great environment for those willing to work very, very hard.

Cons

Very challenging job and not a lot of time off your first year but it's all worth it for the insane amounts of money we make and the career experience we gain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work!

Jan 31, 2017 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Outside Sales Rep (B2B, SaaS)"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial reward, training process, autonomy within a structured system

Cons

Trial by fire, high stress, long hours

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review!

9. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

The on-going education we receive from the executive level is the best asset. From the executives who started this company, to the new employee that recently started, all management and executives will take huge amounts of time to invest all of their resources to developing the best environment for every employee. The people that work at Paycom know that they are apart of a special culture and family on a daily basis.

Cons

I have not come across any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing since Day 1. You invest so much resources and time, and because of that, it is the reasons for huge success for the company on a national scale.

"Beware Of All The Positive Reviews"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Paycom can provide all the great benefits they boast... I'm sure their response will reference world class training and all the recognition. Sure you can make good money and learn valuable skills. I would say this is a great starter job but definitely not a career. All you need to do is truly look at how long sales employees tend to stay.

Cons

I would like to point out that Paycom actively tells employees to leave positive reviews here so you have to take every positive with a grain of salt. If a company has to ask employees to write reviews to cover up the negative reviews here it says a lot. A company that truly believes in itself would welcome all the negatives .

Next this is such a structured job. There is no freedom at all and you are constantly tracked and monitored. Depending on the territory you will spend over 8 hours cold-calling the same 100-200 companies a week trying to achieve your appointment quota. And if you fall short they say keep calling which eventually leads to every potential prospect getting annoyed and never buying. Newsflash there are only so many companies in a territory...

Also 5 Vacation days a year is all you get starting out and it id frowned upon if you take them. Especially if you havent sold anything in 1 week!

Advice to Management

The process is great and has been successful but the reps need more freedom this is not High School!

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

We have a number of tenured individuals in our salesforce who have been with Paycom for 10-plus years. Those individuals are executives in every sense of the word and would disagree with your ... More

"Stumbling into Greatness"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for an opportunity beyond your wildest dreams, look no further. When I first found Paycom, I will admit it seemed too good to be true, however, sitting here now I can say with complete confidence that it is the best decision I have ever made in my life. Not only are the young professionals at this company highly successful, but they also hold themselves to the highest grade of integrity. You will never hear a negative thought from anyone in this organization, only positive. The environment created from day one helps you become the best version of yourself, and not just from a professional stand point, but from a personal one as well.

Cons

This company does not do anything half way. From the interview process all the way to your last day of training, you will work harder than you ever have for this opportunity. But, it is worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep motivating, supporting and teaching. My manager challenges me in the best way every day and it has helped me accomplish things I had only dreamed about.

May 24, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your story!