Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison

Pros
  • They always bring catered lunches from good restaurants for lunch that cost only (in 32 reviews)

• She would always push me and notice the hard work that I put into this position (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a struggle (in 47 reviews)

• However they reward you for the hard work ethic (in 27 reviews)

"My Best Investment"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycom has proven to be the smartest investment in my short, professional career! Not only is the culture amazing, but this is a company that will mutually invest in its employees. I feel valued and supported by my manager and my team, am constantly being challenged and inspired by our product, and have endless growth opportunities. I would never had imagined I would be with such an amazing company at this age, but I am so thankful for it!

Cons

As I mentioned above, this is challenging work. There are great expectations placed on employees; however, the reward is well worth it

Advice to Management

Just as you rely on our clients to improve our product, continue to listen to your employees to improve our processes.

Oct 27, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! Paycom relies on our employees to provide constructive feedback to grow both our culture and our success.

"Transition Specialist Representative"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule.
    Everyday is different.
    Fun , challenging work.
    Clear raise structure.

Cons

Holiday season is very busy

Advice to Management

Continue hiring.

Oct 21, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We hope you keep working hard and having fun.

"Most rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I came to Paycom for several reasons. First of all, I was looking to get into the Human Capital Management industry. This was the perfect fit for me because it submerged me in all of the current industry trends and enhanced my industry and legal knowledge tremendously. I felt like I took a crash masters degree in HR management. Secondly, I needed a challenge and wanted to be around inspiring people who pushed me to be a better version of myself. I found those things in Paycom. Every day is new and exciting as a Transition Specialist because I'm working with multiple companies from various different industries at once. I get to drive around the Bay Area meeting with my clients face to face on a daily basis. I truly recommend this job for anyone who is seeking to build their interpersonal, organizational, and business skills. And not to mention that the company/department is growing like crazy so they promote within and there is plenty of room for growth!

Cons

Not really a con if you are a hard worker, but this is not an hourly job where you can clock out after 8 hours sharp - as a project manager you are responsible for the success of your clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within and innovate our processes/product. The culture at Paycom is great - continue to encourage your employees to be innovative, think outside the box, and create lasting friendships with others within the company.

Oct 24, 2016 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the human capital management industry! Thank you for sharing your experience.

"It's not a perfect company, but it is working towards it"

Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist Representative

Pros

I am going to start out by saying the Transition Specialist Role at Paycom is not an easy one. That being said, since I started a year and a half ago I have seen nothing but vast improvements in our process/job tasks, and department.

Compensation: Since I started here, the compensation changed for the better 2 times. First, one to two months in, they raised the compensation after processing your quota by $5k. Then at the end of 2013, they increased the starting base salary by $6k. In a little over a year I have hit two quotas resulting in a 2 base increases plus commissions around $2-3k per month. This is a busier office, but it is not out of the ordinary by any means. Plus there is a car allowance as you will drive a good amount at this job.

Process: I would have to say the best thing about this company is managements ability to listen to feedback. Being a relatively new department, and one that not many other payroll companies have, we did not have a lot of guidelines to start out. Our management team has listened to our feedback in many areas to make our jobs easier to do. That being said, there is still a lot of room for improvement, which I will discuss below, but it definitely is appreciated to see your concerns being handled.

Department: As I said, our department is always changing, and in my experience it has been for the better. When I started there were two regional managers, so outside of hitting your quotas for base bumps, the job growth potential seemed kind of bleak. At the end of 2013 they promoted 5 or 6 additional people from our department and divided the company's offices into regions. This gave me hope that they will continue to grow this program, and even though my future might not be outlined currently, there is a good chance that I can grow into a role that may not even exist at the moment. We have also worked very hard to get the office balance back in check and work with the sales reps, and not for them as it seemed was the norm.

This may all seem happy and scripted but despite my great respect for this company and the people running it, there were definitely sometimes that I was not this content in my role and had thoughts of leaving.

Cons

Work/Life Balance: During the busy times of the year, it can get kind of crazy. It was not uncommon for me to be answering emails late at night, working on projects way past 5, being on site with a client past hours, or driving home or to a client after or before work started. It is not required, but at the time, I felt it was the only way that I would be able to complete my job and keep projects on track. I think the hiring of the many more TSRs will help this greatly, I think we have almost tripled the amount since I started. It is always going to be a stressful job, but the workload on top of it was at some points unmanageable. This being said, I did have support from my regional manager which is probably one of the main reasons I am still working at this company.

PTO/Sick: Pretty much every review will have this topic in the cons section. Do I wish we had more PTO or Sick, absolutely. Coming out of college it is a stark difference in free time. I wish I could take a long vacation, but long weekends are it for the most part. I will say that I work with a lot of companies in the transitions, and our policies are right about on par with most businesses. Yes, other companies offer great PTO plans, but often at the risk of another benefit. I wish it was better, but I cannot say it is worse than the standard policy

Advice to Management

Keep taking feedback, we are the experts on our role and you have been doing a great job at making it a role we want to work in. I think we have a truly passionate management team and they are growing this into a company that everyone will want to be a part of. I am glad I got in when I did.

"Very rewarding career, if you work hard"

Former Employee - Transition Specialist Representative
    Former Employee - Transition Specialist Representative

Pros

- Good pay for college grads: Salary + Commissions + Car/Phone Allowance
    - Lots of travelling and working with smart, fun, and hard-working people
    - You will learn a lot about the payroll/HR software industry
    - You will grow a lot professionally working with a variety of businesses and speaking with many different company execs

Cons

- Work piles up fast and you can get stuck in repeat 60+ hour work weeks
    - Lots of finger-pointing and people avoiding blame when things go wrong. You will need to get good at defending yourself.
    - Lack of specialists with more-than-basic technical skill and attention to detail, need to explain what needs to be done very clearly and even then mistakes are made which you'll have to take blame for when the customer notices.

Advice to Management

- Need more technical teams, or specialists who actually like doing technical work. Setup specialists are either lacking in skill or not willing to do technical work. Some are good, most are mediocre and do the minimum work required only.
    - Managers need to pay more attention to overworked staff and find solutions or push harder to hire additional team members.
    - Senior Management is very good and really do listen to employees and customer feedback.

Jun 11, 2015 – Representative

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know the things we are doing great at and the areas where you see improvements can be made. Your review has been sent to members of senior ... More