Paycom Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

4.5
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 111 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 145 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 70 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Benefits, Commission plans, culture, short travel for sales team

Cons

Long hours, very rigid training.

December 21, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the benefits and culture Paycom has to offer. We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the leadership team.

"Be careful"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is nice but you do too much work to really admire it.

Cons

Long hours, lots of information to know, the days are very much the same as the ones before. You are viewed as a number and not a person here. Just make sure to ask people about the life here before joining. New hires are very expendable and replaceable.

November 24, 2020Paycom Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. As an employee-focused organization, we value each member of our team and strive to support their success. In a rapidly growing company, we give everyone the ability to expand their careers by offering professional and personal trainings. We would like to learn more about your experience. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com.

"I Love Where I Work and What I Do"

Current Employee - Tax Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great coworkers and managers - Great benefits (On-site gym and workout classes before and after work and during lunch; $1 health insurance and many other insurances at very little cost to EEs; on-site cafeteria and $4 catered lunches everyday) - Lots of opportunities for growth; Challenging and learn something new every day

Cons

- Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required

October 22, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re happy you are enjoying our benefits and are loving where you work. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

"Awesome job, awesome people!"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth, Opportunity, People, Technology, Leadership

Cons

With extreme growth comes constant change, difficult challenges, and sometimes long hours. We do hard things, but it’s also why we are successful.

October 19, 2020Paycom Representative

We agree, it’s pretty great being part of growing, successful company! We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience and for being part of the team.

5. "Rewarding, but Hard Work is Needed"

Current Employee - Senior Paycom Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company awards the employees handsomely once they become seniors. 401k and stock is awarded towards March. Affordable insurance.

Cons

Long hours and turnover is high.

August 3, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're glad to see you recognize all the benefits and opportunities Paycom has to offer. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

6. "One of the most solid marketing departments I've been a part of"

Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Paycom marketing team is driven, hungry and focused on growth. If you're looking for a fast-paced, quick-turn environment, this is a great place to expand skills. Paycom is an S&P company, so the marketing is top-tier and management expects a lot of the team. It's a collaborative environment, so working across teams is a quality one must posess or be willing to sharpen. My team is light-hearted and fun, but tenacious when it comes to creating lead-driving marketing campaigns.

Cons

I'm fairly new, but I have set the expectation for my team to have after-hours and weekend boundaries to ensure a good work-life balance. I have 2 young children, so this is a top priority for me. While my group does this well, there are folks on the wider marketing team who burn themselves out by working long hours and not setting those boundaries.

July 30, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! Our employees make Paycom a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking for areas of continuous improvement. Thank you for being part of the Paycom team!

7. "Paycom Review"

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning opportunity, financial opportunity, fun culture!

Cons

I work long hours most weeks.

June 17, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled you are enjoying the culture and opportunities at Paycom!

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and team atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours and tough goals to hit

May 15, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled you are enjoying the culture and team atmosphere at Paycom!

9. "Expanding rapidly"

4.0
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really care about employees, decent pay but even better overtime!

Cons

Long hours, not too easy to transfer to other departments

May 26, 2020PUBLIC RELATIONS MARKETER

Thank you for the nice review and feedback. We are definitely a growing company and we realize the fast pace and forward movement isn’t for everyone. We appreciate your contributions during your time at Paycom and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

10. "Growth Oriented Environment"

Current Employee - Human Capital Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom has been a fantastic workplace. The company is focused on a feedback culture, which helps its employees learn how to effectively communicate both at work and in our personal lives. There are also endless opportunities of continued learning that is centered on industry specific knowledge, business acumen and personal/professional growth. I have learned more about business and seen the largest amount of growth in myself over the few years that I have been working for this company. In addition to the feedback and growth, Paycom takes care of its team members. Benefits, lunches, the gym, and company clubs help foster employee engagement and friendly environment. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to be supported and challenged in their career and personal development.

Cons

Paycom pushes employees to be the best they can be and to do the best for our clients. This can mean occasional long hours, participation in crucial conversions, and stretching comfort zones. I do not consider these as cons for myself, but these should be considered when looking to develop a career at Paycom.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 English Reviews