Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 11, 2017

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes Feels Like the Company is Growing Faster Than it Can Support (in 15 reviews)

• As with any growing company, there are some smaller growing pains such as tightening of processes or even new procedures that can alter your workflow (in 26 reviews)

"Great Company but losing its swag and culture"

Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior HCM Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work, middle managers really do care, trainers are the best. One of the best sales processes I have seen. Amazing application to sell

Cons

Losing culture, feeling pressure from Wall Street to grow at 30 and 40 percent each and every year. Wish culture was the same as what it was 2 years ago. New managers are leaning on tenured reps too much to help the new reps along because they don't understand where to go and or find things that come up each and everyday when on boarding new sales folks.

Advice to Management

Work on bring back the swag and culture that has started to fade Over the last 2 years. Help your new managers understand Paylocity and help them with our basic systems please.

Look for leaders within. Not just the best sales folks but folks who really do have a talent to lead. Best athletes don't always make the best coaches, best sales folks don't always make the best leaders. Some people are born to lead others are born to hunt and kill. Let's not mix these up.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, incentives, perks (such as catered food almost weekly, team outings, company events with drinks, etc)

Cons

New office, so the organization was still being worked out almost 2 years into the job... management constantly shifting, processes and procedures changing all the time, and work loads that seemed to never diminish no matter how many over time hours worked.

3. "Glad I made the decision to move to Paylocity"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a fun, supportive, and challenging environment. PCTY knows that the job is not easy and they do their best to keep it fun and rewarding! Have you ever worked for a company that rewards you for having perfect attendance? I haven't before now!

Having the flexibility to be who you want to be. Pink hair, green hair, piercings..all of the above? Sure!

Cons

As an account manager, they assign you clients, but at the end of the day, it feels call center like. You are on the phone all day taking calls.

The portal is unorganized and half the challenge is just knowing how to search for your answer. Leadership pushes you to use the portal to find your answers but if you don't use the right keywords, you won't find everything relevant to your answer.

Lack of flexibility with scheduling.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring awesome people to keep the culture in tact and offer a different schedule other than 9 am - 6 pm.

Aug 9, 2017 – Vice President Client Services

Thank you for your feedback! A core piece of the Paylocity culture is diversity and we want our employees to be who they really are…(you forgot to mention tattoos). As you said, we want to make... More

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Great Culture and they do awesome company events

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at some points

5. "Implementation Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really flexible, laid back work environment. The company believes in working hard, without sacrificing your personal life, and the managers really work with you to achieve your goals. Great benefits.

Cons

Everything about the company is great, except for the pay. There's really high turnover, and it's almost always because someone has left Paylocity for a higher paying job.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more organization when it comes to promotions and the re-organization of teams. Employees need more transparency, and actual opportunities to move up in the company.

Aug 8, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am happy to hear that you like Paylocity, the work/life balance and benefits package we offer. We are continually reviewing our compensation and benefit... More

"Great company, struggling technical vision"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, really embracing work-from-home employees even though they have many on site, competitive salaries, plenty of challenge and career growth opportunities.

Cons

Management in the Development organization is severely lacking a cohesive vision of the future of our products from a technology perspective. This is starkly contrasted with the clarity and direction of Steve's vision as CEO.

Advice to Management

Management of the development organization needs to step up or get out of the way. You can't have your cake ("we're a group of independent start-ups") and eat it too ("you need to follow the paved roads").

Jul 15, 2017 – SVP, Product and Technology

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You raise a lot of good points and I totally agree that there is more we can do to communicate the paved roads initiative and continue to... More

7. "Decent Pay Good Culture"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture here is great. Very laid back and managers are accommodating.

Cons

HR is not always on the ball with notifying employees of policy changes.

8. "Great Entry Level"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Good compensation
    Good Training
    Good work environment

Cons

Promotion is the only way to get higher salary

"Paylocity Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company cares about its employees and really takes care of them. Fun and excited environment. Constantly have group activities, pot lucks, office outings. Great training to make sure you really understand the system.

Cons

Company can be really segregated. Implementation and Learning and Development teams aren't always included in office events even though their jobs are just as important as Account Managers. Without Imp. we wouldn't have the clients setup in our system, without L&D we wouldn't have the proper training for the AMs to be able to help the clients on the phones.

Advice to Management

Try to include entire office more.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Elizabeth, NJ

Pros

Technology cutting edge large opportunities/territory size. Uncapped commissions and residuals. Feel like you can have your own book of business and sense of pride.

Cons

Name recognition, still new to marketplace, hard to gain access in certain verticals/employee size accounts. Need company events to share more intel.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!