69% would recommend to a friend
(2414 total reviews)
Steve Beauchamp and Toby Williams
86% approve of CEO
Found 2,414 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture here is great with so many different ways to pursue personal philanthropic passions." (in 303 reviews)
- "Their benefits are great and there are a lot of perks that come with the job to lunch days to company parties." (in 199 reviews)
- "The people are great; laughter is the soundtrack of almost all of my work days." (in 145 reviews)
- "A lot of positions give you the opportunity to work from home so the work/life balance is great." (in 122 reviews)
- "Challenging but rewarding Great leadership Fully remote and staying that way" (in 101 reviews)
- "Training was minimal." (in 63 reviews)
- "NSS managers are great and way under appreciated but have little to no power when it comes to anything." (in 46 reviews)
- "Coming from another payroll company as an account manager this place is awful." (in 36 reviews)
- "Base salary is no where near competitive for industry." (in 23 reviews)
- "At times expectations are too high, but upper management is always willing to listen and aid the team." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Paylocity and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Human Resources Business Partner HRBPCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOrange, CA
*Remote *No micromanaging *Fast Paced *Collaborative *Employee's are valued *Opportunities to learn and grow career
*With a growing org there are challenges. Some departments or business units operate siloed while others are more unified.Paylocity Response3w
We're so glad to have you as a part of the Paylocity team! Your feedback about our company culture and opportunities for growth is greatly appreciated.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Major Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Antonio, TX
Great comp plan, limber company, top notch product to sell.
Fast paced, a lot of information to retain. Must want to work & earn.Paylocity Response4w
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at Paylocity! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your time here and are glad to have you on board.
- 5.0Nov 3, 2023Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew Brunswick, NJ
Great Culture, Benefits and worklife balance. The senior leadership team is very transparent and accessible.
some of the changes happening too quicky.Paylocity Response4w
We appreciate your kind words about our company culture here at Paylocity. We believe that a positive work environment is crucial for success, and we're glad to see that reflected in your review.
- 5.0Nov 1, 2023Lead - Talent AcquisitionCurrent EmployeeIndianapolis, IN
TA really has a seat at the table helping drive the business
Rapid growth - lots of systemsPaylocity Response4w
We're excited to have you as part of our Paylocity family and look forward to many more positive experiences together. Your feedback and contributions are invaluable to us. Thank you for sharing your experiences!
- 5.0Oct 31, 2023Distribution AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearOakland, CA
The team that I worked with was great! Everyone was nice and helpful. The training was easy to complete because of the knowledgeable seasoned members. The manager is the best! He seriously cares about the team and the work! He was always positive and patient and strived to keep up the high spirited morale. If we were ever short staffed or had a very high volume day, he would be on the floor working with us to meet the deadlines.
The pay could be a little higher.Paylocity Response2mo
It's fantastic to hear about your positive experience at Paylocity! Your kudos to team members and management are a testament to the strong camaraderie and collaborative environment at Paylocity. It's great to know that you were receiving hands-on support and encouragement to help you succeed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
- 5.0Oct 31, 2023Director of SalesCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Love the Culture and People.
Growing Pains being ironed out.Paylocity Response2mo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Our employees are our greatest asset, and we're committed to fostering a workplace culture where everyone feels valued.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I love the culture at Paylocity. People are still people and we truly matter! We are appreciated for our opinions, work and we are valued. Clients are our priority and we are given the needed support to have our clients satisfied and happy! Oh, and also great benefits too!
First job in many years that I am encouraged to keep work and home life balance. I personally struggle with this but if you can call this a con - my manager pushes me to have home/work life balance.Paylocity Response2mo
We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience at Paylocity! Our employees are our greatest asset and we continuously strive to exceed the needs of our clients. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for being a part of what makes Paylocity a great place to work!
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
-Diversity - Paylocity's DEIA offerings have helped me to grow both personally and professionally -flexibility and work/life balance as a working parent -competitive benefits and compensation including ESPP, annual bonuses and RSU grants - not many companies offer equity in the form of RSUs to so many different roles at varying levels -Career growth - Paylocity has grown so quickly it's created a lot of internal mobility whether lateral or upward. If you advocate for yourself, you are able to quickly grow your career in different ways -Culture - the first place I've worked where it's clear employees are comfortable bringing their true, authentic self to the table. -Senior leadership truly listens to on-the-spot employee feedback as well as feedback through formal surveys and makes changes accordingly
-we've grown so fast our internal processes are still catching up, the upside to this is it creates a ton of opportunity for enhancements.1Paylocity Response2mo
We appreciate your feedback! It's great to hear that you've had such a positive experience at Paylocity. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, work-life balance, competitive compensation, career growth opportunities, and an inclusive culture are key priorities. Your input is valuable, and we're dedicated to continuing to create a workplace where every employee can thrive. Thank you for being part of the Paylocity team!
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023L&D ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The culture is what they say it is. There is a high degree of transparency and access to leaders. The organizations values are not just words on the wall, You see and feel the values everyday. Paylocity treats their people right. This is the best culture I've ever worked for. I also like the excellent work they do in DEIA, There are more female leaders than anywhere I've worked before and a better balance among leaders which seems to continue to improve consistently.
A fast growing company has a lot of changes. The need to be adaptable is persistent in this organization. Being flexible and willing to change direction quickly can be difficult at times, but the changes are often good and worth the temporary discomfort.Paylocity Response2mo
Thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled to hear that our culture and values resonate with you. At Paylocity, we prioritize transparency, our core values, and fostering an inclusive environment. Your feedback about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) is appreciated. Thank you for being part of our exceptional culture!
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Senior HCM Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Provide the best solution in the market at a competitive price. Leadership is aligned on creating a great place to work and taking care of employees.
There aren't any that jump to mind.1Paylocity Response2mo
Thank you for your positive review regarding our leadership and product offerings! We believe in transparency and open communication to foster a strong company culture.
Paylocity Reviews FAQs
Paylocity has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 2,455 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Paylocity to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
69% of Paylocity employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paylocity 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.