Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes Feels Like the Company is Growing Faster Than it Can Support (in 15 reviews)

• As with any growing company, there are some smaller growing pains such as tightening of processes or even new procedures that can alter your workflow (in 26 reviews)

1. "Best Decision of my Career!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paylocity has been my home for nearly a decade now. I cannot stress enough how much this opportunity has meant for me and my family. I place a lot of value on the stability and intellect of the leadership team. Good decisions made time and time again have really added up to make this an amazing place to work. The company and its vision is worthy of the hours I dedicate to work each week. I couldn't imagine investing my time anyplace else.

Cons

Competition has surged in recent years which has certainly muddied the waters. Fortunately this has only fueled Paylocity to develop faster and innovate relentlessly. This career will favor those who can learn to be comfortable with frequent change, who like to compete, and who aren't afraid of a challenge.

Advice to Management

The future is very bright. Drive to make Paylocity the standout choice, and the incredible culture here will continue to take pay dividends to all of us who work here.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with a good starting pay.

Cons

A lot of information to learn but they provide you with all the resources needed to be successful.

"Talks a big talk"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working remotely. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Feels like disorganized chaos. Technical direction of the company changes depending on who you talk to and when. Lots of cooks in the kitchen working on the same dish but not paying attention to what each other is doing.

Code quality and standards are lacking.

Advice to Management

I work for the company and I don't want to use the product because it's simply too hard to navigate and make any sense of. The UX is a huge pain point.

Jul 21, 2017 – SVP, Product and Technology

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry your experience thus far has not been what we both would have hoped for. There is definitely a lot going on and we can always do a... More

4. "Decent Pay Good Culture"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture here is great. Very laid back and managers are accommodating.

Cons

HR is not always on the ball with notifying employees of policy changes.

"Job has lost it's luster"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paylocity offers great employee benefits. I more PTO than any of my friends which is very nice. Paylocity as a company has a good spirit and offer a lot of fun activities for their employees.

Cons

The new site is completely disorganized. We have leads and managers who don't know our products or our system and can't provide us the guidance or support we need. We are overloaded with clients because people keep quitting. Everybody is constantly stressed and on the verge of quitting. We seriously lose at least one person a week. They also find ways to lock in you with contracts. Either get paid less and have the ability to explore other positions or make a little more but you are trapped as an account manager. Nobody wants to stay in this job for that long so people end up leaving the company instead of being given the opportunity to explore what they really want to do.

Advice to Management

Recognize people's talents and desire to stay here and provide them the opportunity instead of trapping them as an account manager.

Jul 24, 2017 – Vice President Client Services

Thank you for your feedback. Paylocity has been growing very quickly and much of that growth has occurred in the Boise office. The growth has created a lot of new management positions and everyone... More

6. "Great Entry Level"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Good compensation
    Good Training
    Good work environment

Cons

Promotion is the only way to get higher salary

7. "HCM Account Executive"

Current Employee - HCM Account Executive
    Current Employee - HCM Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people - hands down. Everyone is in it to win and help each and everyone have success in their own specific role. A real community.

Cons

The coffee in the break rooms isn't my favorite:)

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the things that are working, investing back into a great product, and your people

"Great company, struggling technical vision"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, really embracing work-from-home employees even though they have many on site, competitive salaries, plenty of challenge and career growth opportunities.

Cons

Management in the Development organization is severely lacking a cohesive vision of the future of our products from a technology perspective. This is starkly contrasted with the clarity and direction of Steve's vision as CEO.

Advice to Management

Management of the development organization needs to step up or get out of the way. You can't have your cake ("we're a group of independent start-ups") and eat it too ("you need to follow the paved roads").

Jul 15, 2017 – SVP, Product and Technology

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You raise a lot of good points and I totally agree that there is more we can do to communicate the paved roads initiative and continue to... More

"Taking Money Out of My Pocket"

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Good investment on software and tools.

Cons

Management just decided to reduce remote capabilities for my department for arbitrary reasons. This is taking money out of my pocket and is completely uncalled for. Management didn't take the considerations of their employees into account when making this decision, but it severely impacts my life in a negative way. The entire department is incredibly upset with this decision and unhappy with their work.

Advice to Management

Reverse the decision to take money out of my pocket.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Paylocity is not matching our intention of being the best place to work. Our culture is one that... More

"Best Decision I've Made Professionally"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture, amazing perks and benefits, superior technology, phenomenal leadership across the organization, the list just goes on and on.

Cons

None that come to mind. Rapid growth can certainly be intimidating for some, and this pace is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Don't allow us to become our competitors!