Paylocity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
  1. "Fun Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Lot of employee perks monthly and quarterly

Cons

Tough client interactions sometimes, but manageable

Paylocity2019-11-12

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

A lot of positive energy. Very strong culture around employee engagement. Leadership values employees' input. Tremendous opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Like any organization, occasionally the direction may not make sense or a supervisor isn't so hot but in the end, the ship will be righted.

Paylocity2019-10-24

"Unethical."

Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual dress, remote work in some departments, nice offices

Cons

This place used to be the company I thought I would retire at. That was until a few executives were put in place. They now have seemed to band together to “drink our own wine” and create the lamest hashtags. Worse....we are forced to drink our own wine....utilization rates are not high because the product is great....more so because we are threatened to use them. Unethical. The pretty new values up on the wall... look cool. Too bad those at the top preach them but do not follow them. Paylocity used to be focused on the clients and employees. Now it’s about the almighty dollar and becoming a billion dollar company. So the execs get rich and pay the rest far below market value. Oh and their new hiring practices are unethical, specifically the test that is given. If you don’t pass to the level they want, you are given a fake phone interview and then rejected. I guess they don’t realize that people talk inside this company. Unethical. Before anyone responds from HR to tell me to contact them to discuss, do not bother. HR and the leadership in HR is awful. Lead through fear of losing your job is the name of their game. They are more worried about where they are going to speak next instead of being a true employee advocate. The new HR team has single handedly destroyed our culture and it’s sad that it’s being allowed. People interviewing: Don’t fall for the glitzy office space. You will work way more than 40 hours, never be thanked and live every day in fear of losing your job.

Advice to Management

The egos in upper management are too big to take any advice.

Paylocity2019-10-20

"It was something great, and it changed QUICKLY"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paylocity had a history of hiring outstanding employees and thus creating an environment that is supportive and fun. That has shifted dramatically this year. The CEO always shared his vision of happy employees, make happy clients but now the march towards a "billion" has the bottom line and clients in mind only and the employee experience was lost. The new CHRO has posted inspirational quotes and posters... around that are company values but just because you force people to engage on your platform and "embrace" them by force, doesn't mean it reflects how people truly feel. The offices are updated and modern with nice amenities.

Cons

The leadership (from mid level, to senior to executive) has all shifted to having large egos and stopped focusing on the employee. There is a ton of favoritism with many different levels within the organization - but again if you're not on board with promoting the CHRO's message you better pack your bags!

Advice to Management

There's a reason your company grew astronomically - scaling is important but don't lose your identity and what made you great in the first place.

Paylocity2019-10-18

"Awesome company, dense management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Meridian, ID

I worked at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome Benefits. - Great Culture. - Relaxed work environment. - You get what you give.

Cons

- Co-workers take advantage of the opportunities given but don't want to give back. - A lot of the account managers worked together at previous jobs, thus, favoritism is a problem. - Individuals in management sleep with lower-level employees which affects team cohesion. - If you perform better than your manager, don't be surprised if they "can't make it happen" in terms of a raise or promotion; the main reason I... left.

Advice to Management

There will always be someone willing to wake up earlier than you, study harder than you, work harder than you, etc. This means a positive addition to the companies bottom line. Instead of trying to defend your place in the organization, you should listen to those employees or else they are going to leave and work for your competitors.

"Benefits Client Analyst"

Current Employee - Benefits Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has a great team of employees and is growing very rapidly! Lots of room for growth!

Cons

New hires could use more resources for training

Advice to Management

More trainers available

Paylocity2019-10-16

"Work Life Balance Is A Priority"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is amazing. Corporate culture is awesome.

Cons

Company is growing very fast which can make things chaotic at times.

Paylocity2019-10-16

"Great organization with great benefits and great culture"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Lampasas, TX

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Three words. Work from home. Paylocity allows the flexibility to work from a remote office but still manages to create a culture that fosters relationships with co-workers from across the country. We drink our own wine - meaning that we strive to provide a similar experience for all of our clients. Whether it's a single large building that houses 1000 employees or a multi-state organization that has 50 employees... we emphasize culture, engagement and collaboration.

Cons

The hardest part about working at Paylocity is all about development and growth. As we grow in both employee count, product suite and client count it can be a challenge to keep up.

Paylocity2019-10-10

"Great company, terrible job"

Former Employee - National Sales Support in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Easy to request off using the app 2) Coworkers are awesome 3) Casual Dress

Cons

1) Lie about job descriptions 2) Put you down 3) Only give special offers to employees who have an “in” with the company

Advice to Management

Don’t make NSS such a terrible job, no one needs to call 150 people MINIMUM a day. Everyone I spoke to on the phones HATES Paylocity because of our tendencies to push, annoy, and lie. PEOPLE WANT PAYLOCITY TO STOP CALLING THEM. I quit because someone on the other side of the country knew my name just because I was required to call and bother them so much. It’s degrading.

Paylocity2019-10-06

"Office space type company"

Implementation Consultant

I worked at Paylocity

Pros

Nice office with snacks. Coworkers are willing to help

Cons

-Training doesn’t prepare you for a quarter of the work that’s required for this role. -Not able to take vacation during the holidays, the months of July, August, and February. -Will be overloaded with clients year round. -Extremely forced (Everything is awesome) culture. Very disingenuous. -Very clear disconnect from what sales tells clients and what implementation can actually do. Blame can be put on sales... leaders and operations leaders, who clearly aren’t communicating or just don’t care. -Management consistently asks “where are we at with this client?”, and doesn’t have any valuable feedback. -Directors constantly said how “things will get better, we hear you”. BLAH BLAH BLAH. All talk, nothing ever happens. -Bombarded by multiple internal parties asking about clients who are not even in implementation anymore. -Wildly unprofessional clients we deal with every day. Clients always point the blame for their own stupidity. -Seems to be some misleading with the interview process as well. Had newer IC’s ask about how much consulting this job has. The answer is zero. This is a project management role where you check off the boxes to meet deadlines. -I’ve never worked anywhere that made me feel like I was in Office Space, except here. -This is a boring payroll company, not a software company. No matter how much they want to tell you otherwise.

Paylocity2019-10-04