Found 304 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture here is great with so many different ways to pursue personal philanthropic passions." (in 297 reviews)
- "Their benefits are great and there are a lot of perks that come with the job to lunch days to company parties." (in 199 reviews)
- "The people are great; laughter is the soundtrack of almost all of my work days." (in 137 reviews)
- "A lot of positions give you the opportunity to work from home so the work/life balance is great." (in 128 reviews)
- "Challenging but rewarding Great leadership Fully remote and staying that way" (in 100 reviews)
- "Training is MINIMAL." (in 58 reviews)
- "NSS managers are great and way under appreciated but have little to no power when it comes to anything." (in 51 reviews)
- "Coming from another payroll company as an account manager this place is awful." (in 34 reviews)
- "Base salary is no where near competitive for industry." (in 21 reviews)
- "Management and upper management are aware of how many hours above a standard work week are being worked." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Paylocity and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Sep 26, 2018Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSchaumburg, IL
I really enjoy my job! It is challenging and never is the same thing day to day. I am learning something new and absolutely love the management team and coworkers. They are constantly thinking of ways to celebrate their employee's from monthly game nights where food is provided along with fun surprises every month. They promote work-life balance and most tiers and departments offer a flexible work schedule and even work from home abilities.
Wish they paid more.
- 5.0Aug 23, 2013Corporate RecruiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearArlington Heights, IL
Paylocity is a truly amazing company! The people are wonderful. The work life balance gives me the opportunity to be there when I need to be for my children! I have learned so much and continue to learn on a daily basis, and that is exciting!! Everyone is treated fairly and appreciated for what we contribute to this wonderful, growing company!
I have no cons to list
- 5.0Jan 12, 2015MarketingCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Paylocity is a company that is growing very quickly. The growth, however, has not affected the great culture. Employees take pride in making Paylocity a great place to work. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and supportive. There is definitely room to grow as the company grows. The work / life balance is one of the strongest benefits of working at Paylocity. Senior Management seems to recognize that in order to attract and retain the best talent, the ability to work remotely and with flexible schedules is key.
With the company growing at such a quick rate, there has been some reorganization of departments / responsibilities which has lead to some initial confusion. However, this hasn't been a big issue because the communication from management and executives is very good.2Paylocity Response9y
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are glad that you feel we're hitting the mark on effective communication in a time of growth and change, and rest assured that we will definitely continue to invest in our most valuable asset - our employees!
- 5.0Jan 21, 2015Client Services Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearArlington Heights, IL
Don't let the casual dress code fool you, we are all business, the causal dress is just a HUGE Bonus! Paylocity is a company that is growing very quickly. The growth, however, has not affected the great culture. Employees take pride in making Paylocity a great place to work. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and supportive. There is definitely room to grow as the company grows. The work / life balance is one of the strongest benefits of working at Paylocity. It's an exciting time to be a Paylocity employee!
With the company growing at such a quick pace, there has been some reorganization of departments. Having said that, it has not been a big issue because the communication from management and executives is very good.6Paylocity Response9y
Thanks so very much! We will continue to work hard every day, and we definitely know we owe our success to YOUR hard work!!
- 5.0Dec 14, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWauconda, IL
Amazing culture- true definition of work hard, play hard. The company keeps growing but we still maintain a small company feel. A lot of positions give you the opportunity to work from home so the work/life balance is great. You won't find growth opportunities like this anywhere else-they aren't guaranteed, you need to work for them, but they are there if you want them.
We are growing fast, you have to be very adaptable as things can change and move very quickly. We are getting better each day but there is still a lot of room for improvement-I, personally, love being a part of that growth and change but it's not for everyone.3
- 5.0Sep 27, 2018Sales AdministratorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearArlington Heights, IL
The people / team are the best part of working at Paylocity. We've had many opportunities to engage in team building events during work hours but outside of work. The atmosphere is very casual.
I'm not sure where the work life balance that other's have raved about comes from. I wish there was more flexibility with hours IE coming in an hour early and leaving an hour early / taking a morning off or working from home as needed as opposed to very set schedules. Not being able to take the days before and after holidays off / not having Christmas Eve, Friday after Thanksgiving as company holidays is new to me and definitely doesn't provide that 'work life balance' when the rest of our family and friends are off those special days.3
- 5.0Dec 12, 2013RecruiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
Work/life balance is a huge priority for me when deciding to go to work for an employer. In my position, I am able to work from the comfort of my home and also be compensated well for my success. The people at Paylocity and the teammates are great to work with and communicate with even in a virtual setting. It's a great place to call home and I will be with this company for a very long time as they truly know how to treat their employees right!
I honest can say that I have not seen any cons so far working for Paylocity. Paylocity is always up for change, modifications, and open to suggestions from all employees. It truly is a great company to go to work for!1
- 5.0Sep 22, 2020Client ServicesCurrent Employee
The people, culture and collaboration. Work life balance is good and the true care and compassion for the employees is unlike anything I've seen at other companies.
So much information! The complexity in the HR/payroll world can be a lot at first, but over time you learn it!Paylocity Response4y
Wow, 10+ years with Paylocity! That is AWESOME. We agree that our company has the best people, culture, and collaboration. Well said.
- 3.0Jan 18, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The work environment is amazing. The people here make it all worth it. It's very relaxed, break room is great, and the company is growing tremendously. There is an enormous amount of room for growth within the company itself. Benefits are very reasonable and affordable. The ability to work remote/from home is a huge perk.
Overtime is expected. Major growing pains as the amount of work that is to be done does not compensate for only $15-$17 an hour. I have never worked so hard at a job... it is something I am proud of but it's disappointing at the same time. My work life balance has pretty much been out the window the past 6 months.2Paylocity Response8y
Thank you for the kind comments, but also for your observations on some of the challenges that come with exponential growth. Our success would not be possible without your hard work and dedication. However, work life balance is a crucial part of our culture, and our leadership teams are committed to ensuring this improves. Please continue to bring your ideas to the table!
- 5.0Sep 3, 2021Human Resources Implementation ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMeridian, ID
Wonderful and welcoming culture. Our dynamic is open an candid. I can bring my authentic self to work everyday!
Paylocity has a great work life balance however you will be working a full 40 hours a week.